test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 11/05/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
Bloodmoon
This event is over! The vendor will stick around for 1 week.
  • Fixed and issue where the Dino Skull items had the preview images swapped.
  • Fixed an issue where the Who Ya Gonna Call? perk gave the wrong title.
  • Added Fixer items for players who unlocked the costume transformation perks but did not get the correct titles.

Misc
  • Fixed an issue where some vehicles had a delay to activate flight.
  • Fixed an issue where some floating auras didn't follow properly.
​​

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    So... as people already noted ingame...
    [Throne of Takofanes] Device and Vehicle are NOW available for purchase in the event store
    😂
    4Scmqbt.png
    I'm gonna take a wild guess and say because the Event was always 4 weeks-long and was reduced to 3 weeks, the Code for the Event shop scendule made it available for the 4th and final week as usual, which was the week Tako normally appears​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    EPIC FAIL
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    You must be joking... I spent up all of my tokens yesterday thinking nothing would be added to the vendor since the event was ending and the remaining tokens would be rendered useless next year.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
  • rb74#3001 rb74 Posts: 51 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    [Throne of Takofanes] Device and Vehicle are NOW available for purchase in the event store
    😂

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say because the Event was always 4 weeks-long and was reduced to 3 weeks, the Code for the Event shop scendule made it available for the 4th and final week as usual, which was the week Tako normally appears​​

Okay, I'm really upset about that. I've been saving up for the whole event to buy a Throne. When I saw it wasn't in the shop for week 3, I assumed it was not going to show up at all. Therefore, I spent my coins on other things. Now the Throne is in the shop, taunting me, unable to get anymore coins to buy it. Talk about a huge, huge blunder.
  • max7110max7110 Posts: 2 Arc User
    😂
    4Scmqbt.png

that is hilarious, they should've done 4 weeks as usual instead of cramming undead heroes and deathlords into the third and final week.
  • kronarg#8777 kronarg Posts: 27 Arc User
    You are frigging KIDDING ME!, I saved up coins for ages for the throne, ad finally gave up and spent them yesterday, nice going Devs, real nice!
  • dirtydwarf68dirtydwarf68 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    The ONE thing I was looking forward to getting never shows up in the event, so I spend all my coin. And now it is here. Good luck fixing this one to make it fair. I have 10 useless auras I didn't really want and a few devices I will gladly trade for this.
    Sounds like someone need to add throne to Winter Event all month long
    Bloodmoon
    • Added Fixer items for players who unlocked the costume transformation perks but did not get the correct titles.
    Lurker and Plagued, the titles for using the Emote unlock items, are still NOT unlocking account wide and there is no option for them in the Fixer.
    The account wide unlocks still doesnt provides the Titles

What is going to happen with this issue? The items cannot be used now​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    If they were nice they would put a 1000 token, once per account, on the bonus tab in the Zen Store. A freebie for everyone who was shafted.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    Is this some kind of bad joke? Like many of the other players, I emptied out most of my event tokens as the event ended. Are we now supposed to expect surprise additions after event end for the future?
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    Are you kidding me??... so after farming the event, hours of running crypts & fighting TAKO... we get "shafted" in the end with no way to get the throne now?? wow really slipping this year... i AGREE with jaazaniah1 on this, they should give 1K tokens to each account this year to make up for not "fixing" the code to accept a 3 week event instead of 4, the THRONE is one of the main thing i was after other than broom flight... sigh...
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    WTS pimped up R2 [Throne of Takofanes] 4000Gs. I'll throw in {Mantle of Takofanes} as a freebie.
    Price is nonegotiable.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    You must be joking... I spent up all of my tokens yesterday thinking nothing would be added to the vendor since the event was ending and the remaining tokens would be rendered useless next year.

It has been very long for me with events but can anyone verify this? Do event tokens just vanish next year? Or how does it work? Still have also Anniversary tokens on some characters as well. Bloodmoon i gladly got all i wanted, costumes and travel powers, not care for vehicles and auras due character bound sadly. Did run dailys on like 12 toons to get all costumes, not grinded crypts and heroes or else i would had gone insane i guess.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Yikes. This sounds like a real dropped ball.
    edited November 2020
    It has been very long for me with events but can anyone verify this? Do event tokens just vanish next year? Or how does it work? Still have also Anniversary tokens on some characters as well. Bloodmoon i gladly got all i wanted, costumes and travel powers, not care for vehicles and auras due character bound sadly. Did run dailys on like 12 toons to get all costumes, not grinded crypts and heroes or else i would had gone insane i guess.

Introduced on previous year, after the end of the year, following some weeks after the New year, all event currencies reset to 0 and don't carry over

They bring all event vendors for limited time during that period so you can get rid of any leftover!

Why did they do that? So you can never have easy stack of token from last year and farm the same events with no new additions over and over and over and over to get the new costumes e.t.c

Which I may repeat is already horrible for CO, at least Videogames which whipe the event tokens provide you with new storylines additions on the next year events and event content... CO doesn't do that R.I.P Dracul's Bloodmoon abandomed storyline, he never got it​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    *snort*
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I am very very disappoint, I honestly cannot understand the logic. Because I too did spent the tokens I saved for the throne yesterday. I could of gone the rest of my life never seeing it again and I'd be ok with that. But no they had to pull this.

I ask about the throne right here on forum and no one informed me it would be there when the event is over. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ take blame for this. It just wasn't important enough to tell people why it wasn't there. So what ever. I guest I should put my tail between my legs and be thankful they still updating my game that I spend money on every month. 🤷‍♂️
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix

Introduced on previous year, after the end of the year, following some weeks after the New year, all event currencies reset to 0 and don't carry over

They bring all event vendors for limited time during that period so you can get rid of any leftover!

Why did they do that? So you can never have easy stack of token from last year and farm the same events with no new additions over and over and over and over to get the new costumes e.t.c

Which I may repeat is already horrible for CO, at least Videogames which whipe the event tokens provide you with new storylines additions on the next year events and event content... CO doesn't do that R.I.P Dracul's Bloodmoon abandomed storyline, he never got it​​

Thanks for info and yes that is dumb, why i guess i did it with like 12 chars to get all costumes since i not goten the time last year to do any. This system is bad and it will just stack up sadly, even if they put old stuff in drops, i rarely seen it drop at all if at all on top. It should just stay in the event store and done and you should keep your tokens, and at least if you make it so make the tokens finally account wide maybe if you delete them anyway.

This whole tokens are a mess since they kept changing them over and over,moving even Drifter Salvage costumes in other places and don't get me started on those ridicious prices for Costumes for Silver and Gold Tokens. I know not many new players will come but prices like this and such methods will drive new players even more away.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    😂
    4Scmqbt.png

Oh, there it was! I have been wondering where that Throne been I thought the devs got rid of it, or something. :smirk: LOL this is funny, anymore silliness we should be expecting in the future?
    Checked this morning. Bonus Tab does not have free throne.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Free throne! 😂

Come on man
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    I'm still salty about the Throne Device, I'll have to wait an entire YEAR to get it. And I very much wish it popped on Z Store for say 500 zen.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Well, that's just not cool, lol.
    Free throne! 😂

Come on man

Well, I had hundreds and hundreds of currency going into the last few days and, since it will all be wiped at the end of the year, I figured I better spend it on something, so I bought hundreds of R3 Takofanes mods. Could have had a throne instead.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    #DOTHERIGHTTHING
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    NUJB0xd.png

EVERYONE! :):):)
    [NbK]XStorm
    🎵 Si—-lent Dev, whol——less Dev....all is calm, all is right🎵
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Well the time you want to add things to the store is when the event is over and nobody can get any more coins. Bonus points for promising to wipe everyone's coins if they didn't spend them but not warning them that the throne would be added on week 4 after the event was over. You certainly wouldn't want anyone planning right?
  • This isn't right. We should be given the throne or at least 1000 tokens for free. You don't add new items to the store after the event is over and we can't earn more tokens to buy it.

Make it one time account wide - 1000 token.

This event is designed for four weeks and we should have got all four. Two weeks of the daily trick or treat mission, Deathlords, and a few Takofanes bonus sessions and you have 1000 tokens. It takes all four weeks to earn the maximum amount of tokens, yet they will end up all being useless next year so you can't save them. Unless you buy keys and open lockboxes that give you drifter salvage which can be traded for tokens.....

Will the Christmas event be the same? 3 weeks of overpriced crammed content designed for four weeks?

Yeeeesh
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    It will be! Enjoy CEDDs. God bless. :)
    [NbK]XStorm
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    There is essentially no chance at all of some kind of re-compensation.

... and I say that as somebody who tries to be hopeful. :/

Though this is a case where I would absolutely love to be proven wrong!
  • kronarg#8777 kronarg Posts: 27 Arc User
    So, several days and no official comment or even acknowledgement. I'm guessing they simply don't bother reading after they've posted, sheer arrogance :-(
    Oh no...they read. Trust me, especially if my name is in the comments.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    1c5c9GH.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    500 drifter salvage will buy a throne, easy-peasy
    Confirming that this is still an issue. Also, sometimes unlocking an emote on a character does not advance the perk progression. I am on #11 unlock for the hunched zombie emote atm.
    Lurker and Plagued, the titles for using the Emote unlock items, are still NOT unlocking account wide and there is no option for them in the Fixer.
    The account wide unlocks still doesn't provides the Titles

What is going to happen with this issue? The items cannot be used now​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Confirming that this is still an issue. Also, sometimes unlocking an emote on a character does not advance the perk progression. I am on #11 unlock for the hunched zombie emote atm.

I found that sitting around waiting for the perk tab to populate on each of the 10 characters eventually got me the perk. took 5-10 minutes of waiting around in rencen with the tab open on each character.
    I did manage to use the emote unlock items a couple times on a few characters because the system must not have registered they had already been used.
    This major delay may have something to do with all the other perks that were recently added because the new ones were the last to update after the 20+ other perks slowly unlocked themselves.
    whatdakrak wrote: »
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

I found that sitting around waiting for the perk tab to populate on each of the 10 characters eventually got me the perk. took 5-10 minutes of waiting around in rencen with the tab open on each character.
    I did manage to use the emote unlock items a couple times on a few characters because the system must not have registered they had already been used.
    This major delay may have something to do with all the other perks that were recently added because the new ones were the last to update after the 20+ other perks slowly unlocked themselves.

Same here, i noticed that it exactly tooked 3 minutes till perks started to came in according to chat timer, it just is heavy delay really, only thing i noticed the perks for the emotes themself not unlock and emotes still can be used on chars that not used them directly yet unlocked them, which can be confusing later. They should unlock also account wide as soon you get the emote account wide as well.