test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/29/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2020 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon Week 3
  • New Mission: Complete Turakian Termination 5 times, awards the Ghosthunter Style costume. (players trying to complete the Who Ya Gonna Call? perk may need to relog/swap zones for the perk to credit).
  • New items in event store: Spooky Cat costume, Snake Hair costume, Dino Skull costume, Dino Skull Jaw costume, Pumpkin auras.
  • Added unique sound to the Vacuum broom flight skin.
  • Fixed an issue where Toy Master did not have the Bloodmoon action figure store.
  • Fixed an issue with what perks get rewarded for the Bloodmoon costume transformations. (We will have a Fixer item to correct players who already got the perks at a later date).
  • Added perk for collecting the Bone Armor items.

Travel Powers
  • Fixed an issue with the Swinging travel power.

Misc
  • Fixed an issue where one New Shadows was hostile in the Crimson lounge social instance.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    So I've unlocked these bone armour costume pieces years ago by buying the set. I assume I'll get the peck automatically by logging into the game?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Most likely, nope. Since they unlock new way. Like rest of the "blue mask" costume pieces.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Just like how I had a scarecrow head unlocked and I didn’t have the perk...

And even though the changes affect your current unlocked costumes.....just to have fun unlocking things for nothing.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    So I've unlocked these bone armour costume pieces years ago by buying the set. I assume I'll get the peck automatically by logging into the game?
    Just like how I had a scarecrow head unlocked and I didn’t have the perk...

And even though the changes affect your current unlocked costumes.....just to have fun unlocking things for nothing.

The bone armor set is like the Cardboard one, showing you not own it despite having them from the Z-Store, because those items count seperate and were made into drops but not connect to the store items for some apparent reason, the web clothing as example also i have or the plague mask in the event store yet i still can unlock them according ot the symbol and description.

This seriously needs to be fixed or acknowledged of, same with perks not counting if you unlocked things last year and years before as well. Becasue then like with emotes the game asks me to make 10 chars and buy 10 emotes again to unlock it despite having the emote on some already before. It just confuses over time again wtih how much things exist by now.

Loosing track simply, while we at it, a imple option for vendors and the Auciton Hosue to hide already owned customes? Yes? Maybe also a "legacy" vendor that shows all existing costumes? Maybe Toy Maker or so since he seems to have no use anymore. Speaking of him, undead heroes action figures not seems to be able to be made, can't say myself since i have all but others in Zone i seen can't.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Hmm, Tako Throne is now just a drop from Tako.

Hmm, extra rewards for running the Serial series this week. I wonder, given its whacky nature, if the whole series can be done in a week?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
    Question, I see that you added the GhostHunter costume as a 5X Tako reward, (which is great for those who could not afford the Costume Key pack) And the backpack was a 5x reward last week, and the boots are in the event store costumes.

But what about the 'Ghost Hunter STYLE' (Which I presume is a hair piece?) I do not see it as a reward, or in the Event store anywhere under costumes. But we need this last piece to be able to grab that nifty Ghost Hunter Gun Power-alter device from the Rec vendor. Where do find & acquire the 'GhostHunter Style'?

Thank you,
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    .Weren't they going to add the third and final series to the serial adventure during the Anni Event? I saw the news blurb for it, but I don't recall seeing any new content.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    ragadolf wrote: »
    But what about the 'Ghost Hunter STYLE' (Which I presume is a hair piece?) I do not see it as a reward, or in the Event store anywhere under costumes. But we need this last piece to be able to grab that nifty Ghost Hunter Gun Power-alter device from the Rec vendor. Where do find & acquire the 'GhostHunter Style'?

Thank you,
    " New Mission: Complete Turakian Termination 5 times, awards the Ghosthunter Style costume. (players trying to complete the Who Ya Gonna Call? perk may need to relog/swap zones for the perk to credit). "​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    n8mcd wrote: »
    .Weren't they going to add the third and final series to the serial adventure during the Anni Event? I saw the news blurb for it, but I don't recall seeing any new content.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1215509/the-midnight-depths
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    I don't see the costume as a reward for any of the Tako missions. Only one I see is the 5 x Tako for the style piece.
    Question, I see that you added the GhostHunter costume as a 5X Tako reward, (which is great for those who could not afford the Costume Key pack) And the backpack was a 5x reward last week, and the boots are in the event store costumes.

JwLmWoa.png
    edited October 2020
    These pumpkins auras keep runnin away from me. 1st they get all twitchy and then they run away...
    I guess Arcane Flight borks them up.
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Excuse my really deep sigh but Takofanes Throne needs to be in the event store I was saving currency for it. I'm never going to be able to get my hands on it as a drop without overpaying. 😫😫😫 How could You?

Overall good event store items though. 👍👌
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    But now how am I gonna show off my knockback strength in the Lounge to impress prospectives?
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    Like these other auras?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1215468/halloween-aura-floating-book-bug-w-pictures
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    These pumpkins auras keep runnin away from me. 1st they get all twitchy and then they run away...

JwLmWoa.png
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    It's common thing for floating elements auras, despite getting a quick fix some years ago it keeps happening​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    avianos wrote: »

Thank you,
    " New Mission: Complete Turakian Termination 5 times, awards the Ghosthunter Style costume. (players trying to complete the Who Ya Gonna Call? perk may need to relog/swap zones for the perk to credit). "​​

AH-HA, ok ID10T error.
    All I saw was the reward being a GhostHunter COSTUME , not the STYLE COSTUME PIECE.

Thank you, ;P
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    So I hear you like buying Zstore items....Well we are taking to make them a perk and you can’t have it!
    So, quick question, for the Takofanes fight, are the undead heroes supposed to continue to lose health even after you take down the deathloard that attacked them? Or is that a new addition to the fight? I don't remember that happening last year.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    So, quick question, for the Takofanes fight, are the undead heroes supposed to continue to lose health even after you take down the deathloard that attacked them? Or is that a new addition to the fight? I don't remember that happening last year.
    It happened last year. Unless you're playing a healer it's not very noticeable.
  • chimerafreekchimerafreek Posts: 383 Arc User
    Bug(?); Vehicles seem to be slamming you to the ground on startup.
    Taco's AoE which deals constant %damage to everyone who deosn't or can't block propably​​
    Taco's AoE which deals constant %damage to everyone who deosn't or can't block propably​​

if that were the case all the undead heroes would be slowly dying.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    You know what would of go really nice with the snake hair?
    Paralyze animation that give targets a grey boulderish rock aura look or inverted color.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Well... yes, that's exactly what happens.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters

The ones that haven't been attacked by a deathlord don't seem to take any damage though. Vanguard is at full health when the deathlord attacks him for example, but everyone slowly loses health after being attacked.

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User

The ones that haven't been attacked by a deathlord don't seem to take any damage though. Vanguard is at full health when the deathlord attacks him for example, but everyone slowly loses health after being attacked.
    Yes, they only start dying after a doomlord has been summoned on them, though it still reduces their damage taken by a lot if you kill the doomlord.
    This is why having healers around to heal the undead heroes as they take damage is a good thing.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Make Vacuumcleaner and Broom to Flamethrower skins.
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Make Vacuumcleaner and Broom to Flamethrower skins.

YES! THIS!
    It has been stated, now it must be done!

(It will go nicely with my new ghosthunter rifle) ;)