test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vehicle Nerfs

Not great that most of the useful vehicle weapons were nerfed, especially incen rounds.

How will this play out for SC and Franklin Stone, where having a viable vehicle was an advantage and an amusing change up in game play? Most players who really got invested in ranking up their vehicle mods (all the way to R9) and purchased the best, most viable weapons ended up supporting Cryptic with not only their time, but their money, and to have this happen to them is distasteful.

The vehicle aspect of this game was fun, but with these nerfs they'll only be useful for travel, if even that. Please tell me this won't become permanent.
Tagged:

Comments

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Concurred; compensation please.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    You mean people used vehicles for other than a travel device?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    There's R9 Vehicle Mods?
    I thought the bonuses end in R6s.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Sorry but this topic is a complete waste of time. The cozy little safe space that a certain someone (with narcisistic delusions of being the big and friendly representative of the interests of everyone in CO despite being nothing more than an obstruction and shadow source when trying to pick the teleporters at Defender) built for the dev has already decided that
    -The vehicle nerfs
    -and the become devices nerfs
    are equal to when Wardicator/PA/Munitions/Lightning got nerfed.
    Look, I get your frustration. A lot of people do just based on feedback on these forums, discord, etc. That said, attacking someone over it doesn't do anything but diminish any credibility your post and its points may have had, so chill out.

Also no, these nerfs aren't comparable to the wardicator nerf. Wardicator is still good today, it's just not overpowered anymore. The vehicle nerfs in particular are essentially a lobotomy to vehicle weapons--the lights are still on, but nobody's home anymore.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    The really sad thing to me is that not only is this massive change not needed, but it is taking scarce dev time away from things that players actually want, like revamps to power sets (Earth, Archer, Force, Celestial, Gadgeteering) or new content.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    It's disappointing but not unexpected, you can see that there's been a late game outbreak of "Git Gud" around these parts, and off the shelf tools to allow players to participate in events in a manner which doesn't correspond with their overall build level aren't welcome. Which is a strange turn of events seeing as the devs have been making open world events a difficult place for vehicles for years.... maybe this is the first time they've been able to get at the relevant code, but they probably shouldn't bother, this isn't high on anyone's list of pressing game issues.
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The really sad thing to me is that not only is this massive change not needed, but it is taking scarce dev time away from things that players actually want, like revamps to power sets (Earth, Archer, Force, Celestial, Gadgeteering) or new content.

:+1: My thoughts exactly. The old double whammy of not doing what we would like, and actually doing what we hate.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    These vehicle changes were put in along with another much more concerning nerf to support auras, I feel like that's gonna cause a MUCH bigger wave than this will / has.

As someone who has invested in vehicles myself...I am not too concerned by the nerfs, they were only supposed to be for travel when first suggested, what they've become is a hot mess and the responsibility lies with the Developers of the Vehicle system.

I think it just went too far and players got used to it, but then again, if it wasn't intended to function as powerful as they were/are, why did we get content like Sky Command and Lemurian Invasion and Stone Labs?

It's sent a mixed message and has required that things like Sky Command (and possible LI/Stone Labs) will need to be edited with this change in mind.
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    I will miss my leveling in vehicles. It really helped, but then, I have a large number of characters.

I also agree on the changes to support auras - get rid of them in hybrid mode? Shrug. Didn't run them there anyway, and the hybrid AORP block bug could get very annoying.

Hammer them into the ground in support mode? What's the point of even running them at all, then?

I currently have at least one support mode 40 with each of the major aura passives, even Medical Nanites. If they all go through like the support mode AOAC... well. Okay then.

• vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Yeah, this is some heavy-handed application of the nerf bat. It seems like vehicles will be useless in combat, other than in specific instanced locations... and almost no one likes those locations anyway.

I think they went way overboard when implementing vehicles into the game... but of all the mistakes of the past to try and correct, they choose this one. Not giving us back crafting... or meaningful drops from open world missions... or power replacers. No they're gonna remove the vehicle system. Well... not even going to remove it. The game will be full of pointless mods for vehicles that no one bothers to use because that whole system has been nerf-nuked into uselessness. It would be cleaner to just make them all into travel devices with normalized flight speeds.
  • pallierpallier Posts: 78 Arc User
    it made no sense to do this. vehicles are suppose to be more powered up than players, the idea is that you trade the fact that you can't block or use any of your personal powers for what the vehicle had. you customized the vehicle so that you can fight or heal in a larger area using just 1 or 2 powers. the few support or defense slots would either make you more survivable or deal better damage.

thats it... that whole point. they say that the vehicles gave players an advantage over not being in a vehicle (DUH!) so they are nerfing them so that the vehicle is as weak as the players... see they didn't think. why would anyone want a vehicle if its not going to do ANYTHING different from being a normal hero.... they aren't giving it more powers or anything still 1 or 2 power slots so you won't be able to do anything with them now. it would be like being stuck at level 9 for the rest of the game.

the person that made this decision should take a pay cut as the company will lose money from failed vehicle sales now.

they should have instead made them MORE powered up BUT only usable in special areas like certain alerts with difficulties beyond what a player with no vehicle could do OR disable the vehicles weapons outside of those areas so you can mount them for looks to travel or show them off, but not fight with them unless your in the zones the vehicles are made for.

seriously people are paid for this stuff and players are coming out with better ideas.
    Oh Atari how I miss you!
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    Wait, what are they doing with support passives?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    The first Test was on Aura of Arcane Clarity which is now reverted on the latest PTS patch

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1215095/fc-31-20200711-4-vehicle-changes

Seems they are planning to complety kill PRE-scaling on Support Auras and make all Sorcery auras scale with your Super Stats!
    In addition Sorcery Auras on Hybrid mode no longer applies on Allies

HOWEVER This change makes the aura give less bonuses compared to their current Live PRE-scaling and AOAC got stripped from the Perception and Stealth bonuses (reference on the screenshots posted by players in the thread)
    Powers
    Aura of Arcane Clarity
    We are testing out having this passive scale off of superstats over just presence.
    Additionally, we are testing out having this power no longer benefiting team members if you are in the Hybrid role.
    These changes may be passed onto the other Sorcery Aura passives, but we are testing them out this this power first.

I suspect the worst for Healing, Bonus Healing and PRE scaling in the future
    Suspicious that all the new Healing Toggles we have been getting scale with REC​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited July 2020
    E X A C T L Y
    Those powerframes Need a Revamp ASAP but yet here we are, Force doesnt even have its own Energy Unlock and suffers from Pre-Alert shenanigans, Celestial still doesn't have DPS potential like Sorcery, Archery and Gadgets are all over the place and Earth is underwhelming
    Instead of Revamping, updating and giving new powers on those powerframes to be viable and optimized for endgame while giving Crossover Synergies between powerframes BETTER NERF VEHICLES​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    You mean people used vehicles for other than a travel device?

Yeah, far as I've been concerned vehicles are just a way for my toons who can't fly to fly. Other than that, well, they're superheroes. They have superpowers. Wonder Woman's invisible jet didn't come equipped with a pair of Vulcan autocannon and a loadout of Sidewinder missiles, after all.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    avianos wrote: »
    The first Test was on Aura of Arcane Clarity which is now reverted on the latest PTS patch

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1215095/fc-31-20200711-4-vehicle-changes

Seems they are planning to complety kill PRE-scaling on Support Auras and make all Sorcery auras scale with your Super Stats!
    In addition Sorcery Auras on Hybrid mode no longer applies on Allies

HOWEVER This change makes the aura give less bonuses compared to their current Live PRE-scaling and AOAC got stripped from the Perception and Stealth bonuses (reference on the screenshots posted by players in the thread)

(...)

Thanks for the link but I don't understand the point of these changes?

- Vehicles : I don't have a vehicle and I even have 2 guild bank tabs full of vehicle mods that I don't know what to do with so I could say this nerf is not so bad for me. However if I extend my understanding beyond my own self, I can read that this nerf is rather bad for those who invested (real money) in vehicles.
    - Sorcery Support Passives : theorically I do understand the idea to streamline these passives along the game mechanics of other passives (i.e. : scaling with SS) but I'm totally puzzled by the numbers.
    Before : AoAC in support role : +35% power discount to self, +68% power discount to others.
    After : +30% power discount to self, +22% power discount to others (less than in live Hybrid role).

Are they drunk, high on acids or what?
  • spikeydoo422spikeydoo422 Posts: 55 Arc User
    So all my vehicles have been rendered useless and worthless. I have spent a lot of money over the years on vehicles, upgrade tokens, mods, and weapons. I would appreciate a refund. I regret ever having wasted money on LTS for this game. We need a dev who listens to ALL the players rather than a small handful.

Mean Girl
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    Well it usually seems that when players are having fun with something they're very quick to nerf stuff. If something is being used because it's good the plan is always to nerf, never to buff, and the result is that everything is bad. They always have time to make the game less fun but working on the game and improving it, that is something that they have less time to do, and I'm really having a hard time believing that they have any interest in improving or making the game enjoyable.
    Lockbox is the new fun since OnAlert update.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Well it usually seems that when players are having fun with something they're very quick to nerf stuff.
    Um... I wouldn't call the number of years it's been this way 'quick'.
    edited August 2020
    I miss Powerframe Revamps! Remember having 2-3 per year which is now reduced to 1 revamp per year and 1 powerframe addition? REMEMBER powerframe revamps? those things that buffed and gave us more flexibility and new powers to play with and getting old powerframes more optimized with the current meta!

I came back for the Patriot event after months of hiatus because of current world's epidemic and technical difficulties and on the same night I leveled up my new project character and having fun and optimism getting ready to farm Cosmics with him, I got hit with the PTS patch note for vehicles NERF! vehicle which are not even usesable for 90% of the game!
    And I got hit with other possible NERFs planned to happen in chat rooms

WTF is even happening to this game anymore?! I don't even have the energy to get Angry with the game's development game any more! Just Disappointed and Depressed

I don't want NERFs, I want Powerframe revamps for Earth, Archer, Force, Celestial and Gadgeteering (Fighting Claws and Dual Blades HOLD their ground even limited)

I should have been mad for Investing money, resources and time gearing a good vehicle and upgrading it (MANTIS II)! But I'm not mad, i'm disappointed
    230.jpg​​
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    hopefully, common sense will kick in and will undo this nerf, which seems like a huge request. e_e
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I miss Powerframe Revamps! Remember having 2-3 per year which is now reduced to 1 revamp per year and 1 powerframe addition? REMEMBER powerframe revamps? those things that buffed and gave us more flexibility and new powers to play with and getting old powerframes more optimized with the current meta!

I came back for the Patriot event after months of hiatus because of current world's epidemic and technical difficulties and on the same night I leveled up my new project character and having fun and optimism getting ready to farm Cosmics with him, I got hit with the PTS patch note for vehicles NERF! vehicle which are not even usesable for 90% of the game!

WTF is even happening to this game anymore?! I don't even have the energy to get Angry with the game's development game any more! Just Disappointed and Depressed

I don't want NERFs, I want Powerframe revamps for Earth, Archer, Force, Celestial and Gadgeteering (Fighting Claws and Dual Blades HOLD their ground even limited)

I should have been mad for Investing money, resources and time gearing a good vehicle and upgrading it (MANTIS II)! But I'm not mad, i'm disappointed
    230.jpg​​

Vehicles were a bad thing right from the start, instead of customize your hero you cutomize some tank to fight with, look how such can dominate Forum Malvanum still even with nerf, whoever thought it would be a good idea to make those fightable was not right, sorry. But all the MONEY i guess, right.

230.jpg​​

Vehicles were a bad thing right from the start, instead of customize your hero you cutomize some tank to fight with, look how such can dominate Forum Malvanum still even with nerf, whoever thought it would be a good idea to make those fightable was not right, sorry. But all the MONEY i guess, right.

maybe I'm reading you wrong but vehicles are the selling point for this game otherwise this is just another MMO.

"look how such can dominate Forum Malvanum still even with nerf"

really? I like to understand your meaning of "dominate" these not even good enough to be used in Qliphothic warzone unless you got some data you could share with us.

"whoever thought it would be a good idea to make those fightable was not right"

well frankly that just your opinion on that and it pretty flawed, in logical not everyone like running after their target not ever high power DPS that highly mostly a single attack melee use, would need a Range Area Of Effect that where the vehicles come in , Also the vehicle was never by that useful unless you make the massive large investment... Trust when I say that more than a few months of that. [really almost a year if not more if a person set it as their highly focus goal]

FYI Superheroes in comic books use vehicles, and they even used them to fight BTW. :)
    edited October 2020
    Vehicles were always a mistake (they should always have been glorified travel powers that were useless in a fight). The way they were removed was unfortunate (a mistake, persisted long enough, becomes something people depend on), but I'm not sure there was a better option.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Let the vehicle system die, it was a bad idea even more badly implemented.

I invested quite a bit in it but I will not be sorry to see them wither away to nothing except as a means to zip around fast.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    @pantagruel01 @themightyzenith

Well alright then. lol

but what is left for this game though?

other games can give you 3 times more. yall sure about this?

I never once saw a problem with them except some weapons and stuff needing to be buffed more and adding ground variance.

seems like a very big missed opportunity At least IMO...
    edited October 2020
    The way they are/were never really felt part of a superhero Game. Cryptic saw vehicles in SWTOR at the time and thought they would do a version of those... it didn't fit the genre of CO.

They are not coming back from the nerf.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited October 2020
    I was one of the people who despised Vehicles and didn't want to see any of them as much DEVs tried to market them and makes them look appealing
    Investing on Mantis 2 was the only damage I got and all this because I liked the visuals and decided to min max (and use it on healers to solo QWZ, now healers can eat DIRT)

The biggest F.U to me was the fact that we won't get any Powerframe revamp for 2020
    and they gave us two power updates while nerfing the whole Vehicle Subsystem, and once again vehicles cannot be used for the majority of endgame!
    Screw that, give me 4-5 powerframe revamps for 2021 to make up for all that wasted time
    having the outdated powerframes!
    Compared to Vehicles, powerframes can be used for 100% of the game and to build theme characters
    Still waiting for that Archery Revamp even since Valentine's Day DEV CC

Even now seeing DEVs adding new vehicles feels like rubbing salt to the wound

Sidenote: They are still good for Leveling new characters, I got 6 character to lvl 40 thanks to my Mantis!
    Gravity Pulse Mark is one of the few vehicle weapons which worth a DAMN! even with 10 seconds CD making things slower​​
    To me the current worst part about vehicles is that we still get nigh useless vehicle mods as drops, instead of more useful mods or costume pieces. Vehicles = slotted travel power.
    JwLmWoa.png
    The way they are/were never really felt part of a superhero Game. Cryptic saw vehicles in SWTOR at the time and thought they would do a version of those... it didn't fit the genre of CO.

I did some internet digging, not very far I admit, but I found this : https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/3038533-vehicles-2.0-live

The part that caught my attention is this : "We’ve received a lot of feedback from the community about updating vehciles and (...)"
    It's true that the original idea of vehicles does come from another mmo (not sure it's SWTOR though) but it was also fiting with a playerbase demand to add vehicles in CO.

I would like to know what you think fit this Genre of Champions Online As of today. when not Even its lore fit from the original.

I did some internet digging, not very far I admit, but I found this : https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/3038533-vehicles-2.0-live

The part that caught my attention is this : "We’ve received a lot of feedback from the community about updating vehciles and (...)"
    It's true that the original idea of vehicles does come from another mmo (not sure it's SWTOR though) but it was also fiting with a playerbase demand to add vehicles in CO.

This was one of the reasons I even gave this game a chance... and it was back in 2014 when I started... LuLz

SWTOR wasn't a bad idea to follow, I really don't get what people are getting at unless it sucks for this game to be a "Superhero Game" I wouldn't deny that fact, since this game "can't have this or should do that because of it being An Superhero game" that mostly could be considered as an Off Brand product from outside view things, Also let along with the fact I'm still getting these vehicles mods, there's a part of me wanting to say if they should just remove vehicles all together or just go ahead and turn them into Travel power devices but really think that will be TOO much work for them YET they choose to nerf vehicles instead, Also you cant Delete or throws these Vehicles away unless you put it on a character and then delete them him\her but that won't work if Item is bind to Character...

IMO well really it no longer my own opinion since it confirmed by highly by folks who play this game that all "revamps" we been getting since 2018, 2019, 2020, are just Bad, ranging from rain lance being over 15-20 seconds in Cooldown, Rocket launcher now being forced to fully charge to fire with the same CD or less [15-20 second CD] along with Two gun mojo no longer having an option being Area Of Effect, Lock n Load, Assult rifle having increase cost when burst it that feature was only good to get a burst of energy out your attack even though it frankly doesn't do much in damage total unless for shock damage, then other changes such a great majority of active offensives, and few active defenses, passives such as defiance, and try to forget that these changes even happen,
    also a little under the rug nerf for one device Memory archery if my old Memory serves me Right, then we had Lovely 2020. with that perception nerf, I don't know if this count as an Archery Revamp @avianos but sadly gas arrow seems to be one of them, if this is kinda the revamps we are going to get them from now on then I will be happier for things remain as there are, the Last thing Anyone one want is to spend more time, fighting Teleiosaurus. or die a lot to kiga-T or making life hard to be An CCer.

point is what is left for this game? nonthing? I'm setting here give this team hope when reality I have no Right to do that, there had been 2 people [if not more] asking for a Roadmap of what they were going to do with this game that was almost a year ago By The way, LOL like they Don't have a plan... *now feeling like Poe Dameron*

Anyway not too shocked that people are okay with this nerf. not even going to even try to push this. but I would bring in mind that new games are coming out like every year to monthly, so unless this game can run with 50 people playing it [Something I Would like to see], they will need to get their act together... this whole "it doesn't fit a Superhero MMO" sound like hogwash, Pure nonsense.

Well alright then. lol

I never once saw a problem with them except some weapons and stuff needing to be buffed more and adding ground variance.

Well the game has the Freeform system the Superhero thematic which is still more rare today. The problem is we play trough the same content over and over, since Vibora we not goten any new area, most new missions use pre-existing maps already. The main problem is more the content, vehicles are not special, the opposite in my eyes, it maeks it look like even more P2W due how you have to buy them often and hard to get good mods. They should at leat come with some good startet mods and more slots to customize to make more use of useless mods.

Well alright then. lol

Well the game has the Freeform system the Superhero thematic which is still more rare today. The problem is we play trough the same content over and over, since Vibora we not goten any new area, most new missions use pre-existing maps already. The main problem is more the content, vehicles are not special, the opposite in my eyes, it maeks it look like even more P2W due how you have to buy them often and hard to get good mods. They should at leat come with some good startet mods and more slots to customize to make more use of useless mods.

soo if the case as if these were Craftable or buyable via Ingame currency, instead of being mainly on Zen store that would have been good or better? if so why would nerf been even needed then?

and it doesn't make it less pay to win 79% of the stuff in the zen store you can use and get what you need right off without much effort, and they mostly time savers,

And trying to understand why is this wrong if it being A only zen Store item was the problem, then again why is no one EVER ASK for these to NOT be a Zen store item? is the selfishness in this community really that big? then I have really Question how is this Really P2W when you can Also obtain these during Events? events don't cost you zen and frankly, with the last year change of Annual Event Token Reset, Devs, or whoever higher want you and everyone to Do these events the same as Cosmic, as it seems.

268d85b8c6818710255f8a076733402c.jpg

Why is no one even asking for these prices of these vehicles THAT STILL on Zen store BTW to be drop-down in price cost or either be Remove from said store To somewhere like Until Store or Champion recognition Store? I find this whole Combat Vehicle Bad thing a bit funny, but let people waste their money on such things that don't even give you the value that you pay for, right? ^_^"
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

If vehicles are just meant to be a form of traveling and not a weaponsplatform,
    then why are the weapons costing 300k Questionite if they're not suppose to be strong ?.
    edited October 2020

Well alright then. lol

soo if the case as if these were Craftable or buyable via Ingame currency, instead of being mainly on Zen store that would have been good or better? if so why would nerf been even needed then?

and it doesn't make it less pay to win 79% of the stuff in the zen store you can use and get what you need right off without much effort, and they mostly time savers,

And trying to understand why is this wrong if it being A only zen Store item was the problem, then again why is no one EVER ASK for these to NOT be a Zen store item? is the selfishness in this community really that big? then I have really Question how is this Really P2W when you can Also obtain these during Events? events don't cost you zen and frankly, with the last year change of Annual Event Token Reset, Devs, or whoever higher want you and everyone to Do these events the same as Cosmic, as it seems.

268d85b8c6818710255f8a076733402c.jpg

Why is no one even asking for these prices of these vehicles THAT STILL on Zen store BTW to be drop-down in price cost or either be Remove from said store To somewhere like Until Store or Champion recognition Store? I find this whole Combat Vehicle Bad thing a bit funny, but let people waste their money on such things that don't even give you the value that you pay for, right? ^_^"

My main point is the games strongest part is the customization of a costume and a build with freeform, Vehicles not have that at all, it just stacks up with new vehicles introduced and feel worthless after the next one appears, since most are bound to character on top, events yes but the binding issue like with a lot in game now like Auras are the main issue.

People like me make so many costumes and characters, investing also in costume slots or character slots, while vehicles for me feel worthless and not worth my time, same for Auras, simply due if i want to change it or give it to someone i have to store it and might forget i even have it on that char since i can't give it to another even.

Vehicles go against everything CO standed for so far, no parts you can exchange or make look different on it, just a new vehicle in a new color at best but only making it worse this way. Vehicles are crap and should had never been introduced simply, as travel power at best where you could color it there and choose just like the Hoverboard skin you can change. We have non-combat travelpowers after all aswell, so i not see why vehicles should had not been.

But they needed a selling point for there horrible introduced fusion system wchih could be a addition to crafting but should had not be a replacement also. And look the game needs to make money, but most of that income goes to STO and NWO anyway still, and those methods are predatory at its best, it is the wors ta F2P game can offer, i mean items to boost crafting up as example which vehicles brought with it's update shows how much scheme they can get sadly. EA level of pushing such. Introducing a problem and selling the solution.
    Post edited by ansemthedark on
    For the last couple years I only get vehicles during events for event currency when I find one that I like. If I see a cheap (ca. 150 g tops) one in the AH that I like, I may get one there. Then I pop in 2-3 R4-5 mods that boost speed and call it a day. For me they are just travel power devices.
    diggot wrote: »
    If vehicles are just meant to be a form of traveling and not a weaponsplatform,
    then why are the weapons costing 300k Questionite if they're not suppose to be strong ?.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited October 2020
    My main point is the games strongest part is the customization of a costume and a build with freeform, Vehicles not have that at all, it just stacks up with new vehicles introduced and feel worthless after the next one appears, since most are bound to character on top, events yes but the binding issue like with a lot in game now like Auras are the main issue.

LOL you speaking as there isn't a game with better customization and that this customization feature is what makes people want to play this game.. you do know the thing you talking about Feature Requires a lot of grinds or just pay for a buck for Zen, for a game that might not be for liking within a few couples of years or so, also customization is not the main thing a majority of people care about, people just want to play a game, and have fun, the vehicle was never stopping you from that nor stopping you or anyone from customization, in fact, other games like IMVU, Second Life that does it better when comes customization, frankly people see this game an online virtual world or social network app like IMVU, *INSERT large numbers of players standing around in Renaissance Center near defender *

there are games with better customization if not games that had made more mentions than this game... *SMH*
    People like me make so many costumes and characters, investing also in costume slots or character slots, while vehicles for me feel worthless and not worth my time, same for Auras, simply due if i want to change it or give it to someone i have to store it and might forget i even have it on that char since i can't give it to another even.

if you don't like using a vehicle... don't use it, if anyone doesn't like vehicles, then don't use them it so EASY that a 3-year-old can even do, and it rare I have seen a vehicle outdo anyone one... so don't see how this is a big deal?

The sad thing I once had a Battle Fortress, now that is no longer a Battle Fortress, if anything just an armored fly car van, look at it now it a good thing I change my name from warlord since I can't see a warlord without his fortress...And all because of selfishness... VERY IRONIC, if you think about it...
    Vehicles go against everything CO standed for so far, no parts you can exchange or make look different on it, just a new vehicle in a new color at best but only making it worse this way. Vehicles are crap and should had never been introduced simply, as travel power at best where you could color it there and choose just like the Hoverboard skin you can change. We have non-combat travelpowers after all aswell, so i not see why vehicles should had not been.

Last I check CO is an ACTION RPG GAME that bases on a PNP RPG game back in the 80s, and don't have anything against vehicles, even so, it there a lot of vehicles in this game that the villains or friendly NPC used that SOME are more some powerful like the Nighthawk event and 10 times that if we add the helicopter in QWZ, I Mean That helicopter can on shot a DPS and healer, and it was making every vehicle owner Envious before the change really.

They're also a Hero Sourcebook about vehicles BTW, even have a tank T-80 Tank in it, and an F/A-22 raptor Both of those are, Military Weaponized Vehicle...
    But they neededa sellign point for there horrible introduced fusion system whcih could bea addition to crafting but should ahd not be a repalcement also. And look the game needs to make money, but most of that income goes to STO and NWO anyway still, and those methods are predatory at its best, it is the worsta F2P game can offer, i mean items to boost crafting up as example which vehicles brought with it's update shows how much scheme they can get sadly. EA level of pushing such.

What's Your point? this game still is Predatory and maybe should be that way?... because it too late to make this game a Buy to play, unless it has its own Off-line play feature. I'm not even sure that would even work... or sell, and go Pay to play? OOF good luck with that, they going to need it... even as of now since This Game Is Screwed...

helpful Advice here: You need to type your word clearly... so anyone can understand you, cause I'm having a hard time understanding you and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

[since i edit this over 1000 times e_e because i forgot to add a /Quote] 6:22

This company is far from EA, EA have gambling in most of it high selling game, that even a child of the age of 3 can play, trying to push ads on games, So please don't make such a Idiotic Comparisons as that.
    A bit of the pot calling the kettle black. I think.
    helpful Advice here: You need to type your word clearly... so anyone can understand you, cause I'm having a hard time understanding you and I'm sure I'm not the only one...

JwLmWoa.png
    edited October 2020

For example?
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2020

For example?

The sentence he/she quoted from you was already a perfect example.

For example?
    In general, you suffer from run-on sentences, misuse of capitalization and punctuation, and general sloppiness, so your posts are an excessive effort to read. To give one example, the quoted sentence: "helpful Advice here: You need to type your word clearly... so anyone can understand you, because I'm having a hard time understanding you and I'm sure I'm not the only one..."

Grammatical and punctuation errors:
    • 'helpful' should be capitalized
    • 'Advice' should not be capitalized.
    • 'You' should not be capitalized.
    • 'word' should be 'words'
    • ... is not an appropriate punctuation after 'clearly'

I don't expect everyone to have perfect grammar and spelling, but you should check that you're not in a glass house before throwing stones.
    ZX4H1km.jpg
    zrdRBy8.png

For example?
    In general, you suffer from run-on sentences, misuse of capitalization and punctuation, and general sloppiness, so your posts are an excessive effort to read. To give one example, the quoted sentence: "helpful Advice here: You need to type your word clearly... so anyone can understand you, because I'm having a hard time understanding you and I'm sure I'm not the only one..."

Grammatical and punctuation errors:
    • 'helpful' should be capitalized
    • 'Advice' should not be capitalized.
    • 'You' should not be capitalized.
    • 'word' should be 'words'
    • ... is not an appropriate punctuation after 'clearly'

I don't expect everyone to have perfect grammar and spelling, but you should check that you're not in a glass house before throwing stones.

Thanks for the corrections, I was putting too much emotion in that one as well a few others parts but compared to him, he not even spelling his words right Example: "Standed" Vs Standards, "neededa" VS Need a, "Sellign" Vs selling, [a tolerable typo but one of many typos] "repalcement" vs Replacement, "worsta" Vs Worst that of, I'm Translating more then I needed to as well trying to understand what he saying, I even went as far looked at "EA" as a meaning of A, he replied on PN saying he trying to help me so I'm giving Example of how to be helpful, Anyone is welcome to do the same to me, I'm not Going hit high on Grammar chart but at least I have a 99% rating on my spelling of Words right. and it seems like no one else is correcting him on something he seems passionate about, But Again, Thanks for the Corrections. <3
This discussion has been closed.