test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release notes 10/22/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2020 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon
  • New mission: Complete the Deathlord Destruction mission 5 times. Rewards the Ghost Hunter Backpack costume. This mission will be available for 1 week.
  • New mission: Complete the Hunter Attack mission 5 times. Rewards the Werewolf loyal sidekick. This mission will be available until the end of the event.
  • New mission: Complete the Wolf Hunt mission 5 times. Rewards the Hunter loyal sidekick. This mission will be available until the end of the event.
  • Fixed an issue where the pumpkins could not be seen on low settings.
  • Fixed an issue with the Zombie Idle unlocks.
  • Added Wizard hat, Femur Bone, Plague Mask, Vacuum Cleaner and Ghost Hunter Boots costumes to the event store.
  • Added Head Spikes and Headcage costumes as potential drops from Trick or Treat bags.
  • Added Bone Armor costume items as possible drops from Undead Heroes.
  • Added Broomstick travel skin to the Heavy Scythe costume.

Vibora Bay
  • Added social instance version of the Dog Pound.
  • Added social instance version of the Crimson Lounge.
  • Enemies in the Dog Pound bar will no longer drop items.

Emotes
  • Fixed an issue where Sleep, TalkHeadsetkneel and Pushups emotes were not working properly.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I see currently on PTS while waiting for Live to come back that last year new devices (Scorching Storm, Blade Dance, Blast Wave, Deadly Drop Attack) are now available to the Bloodmoon Vendor

Pretty neat, still sad we didn't got any new device this year (not counting Power Variant) for more variety on lootable
    Added Wizard hat, Femur Bone, Plague Mask, Vacuum Cleaner and Ghost Hunter Boots costumes to the event store
    And THIS is why I started doing the Trick or Treat daily on 10 characters for week 1, to be prepared for the next week event store additions

Plague mask is still only available as a Head Wear instead of eye/mouth accessory! No update here
    Let us use Plague Doctor masks with hats damn it! You gave us so many great Hoods the past year ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
    Using the Ape-head or specific monster heads who have a small variety of hats available for their own usage is currently the only way to use both (new hoods and hats not counting)

Wizard hat is pretty majestic, it's so huge, a brilliant update to the outdated pre-alert Witch hat we currently have
    Added Vacuum Cleaner to the event store
    Suddenly, I want to dress one of my characters like a 50-60s Bewitched housewife
    Added Bone Armor costume items as possible drops from Undead Heroes.
    Been waiting for this as well, it was one of the few z-store costume packs I never bothered getting!
    Now it comes with new Material options too, Neat!
    Added Broomstick travel skin to the Heavy Scythe costume.
    That's so anime I love it​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Wait... So you can't farm costume drops in the Dog Pound anymore? That's so stupid. :l

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Their value was mostly depleted by overfarming anyway. You can pick them up in the SCR shop if you really need them.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    nbkxs wrote: »
    Their value was mostly depleted by overfarming anyway. You can pick them up in the SCR shop if you really need them.

The Jacket is actually still worth quite a bit. Guess it's back to slowly farming the mobs around the streets. ~.~
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    nique554 wrote: »
    Wait... So you can't farm costume drops in the Dog Pound anymore? That's so stupid. :l
    Yeah, farming mobs for costumes drops is just more painful these days. On the bright side I guess these guys are still good for perks.
  • Really happy with this patch, I'm specially hyped for the social instances. Hope one is added for Sweetland's Restaurant, even better if it has npcs. It's honestly a really detailed map I love it.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Could we talk about Costumes your Account clearly has unlocked already, the Plague Mask shows to me as not owned but have it and got it from somehwere else, probably due those are made as new items, same goes for Cardboard which was a set now items show as not owned due seperated, same goes for Nightwave parts aswell. This just confuses over time and can accidently waste tokens to unlock if you missclick such.
  • Vibora Bay
    • Enemies in the Dog Pound bar will no longer drop items.

Its about time!
  • spinnefuchsspinnefuchs Posts: 10 Arc User
    deathlord destruction daily not giving credit. done it twice now.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    I cannot repro this, is anyone else having this issue?​​
  • shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    deathlord destruction daily not giving credit. done it twice now.

I cannot repro this, is anyone else having this issue?​​

I can confirm, I had just done it on one of my characters and got about top score, and was not granted credit for the mission. Several people in Zone Chat also reported not getting credit for the mission, as well as the friend I was teamed up with for the event itself.

Edit: It's not always the case, as I had done this on my main character and got credit just fine. It seems to be affecting people at random.
  • dwnside13dwnside13 Posts: 12 Arc User
    Any Idea if the Tacofang action figure store has been fixed. Was not acknowledging tokens in inventory.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    I've seen people saying they didn't get credit many times so far this afternoon, I haven't yet been able to get into a deathlord fight yet so it hasn't happened to me yet
  • Is there any way the sidekicks could be acquired through an event store or the Questionite store or even Drifter's store? I'd like to have them and give them to a future character.
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Vibora Bay

In the south room to the group of vampires on the far right of the fountain, there's a single Feeder which is not tagged as Friendly.
    unknown.png
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
    OK, the new social instances in Vibora sound cool, bu tI dont hang in Vibora enough to know my way around, are they marked on the big or mini maps? Or do I just wander around til I find them? :P (Are they in the low-lvl vibora? Or the high-lvl apocolypse Vibora?)
    I am excited to get all the parts for the Ghost 'hunter' costume. :P
    AND I really like the new Wizard hat. (I'm an old-school sucker for big wizard hats) I hope its an account wide unlock.,I have many toons who will be sporting it soon,....
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    Emergency Maintenance: Fixed an issue where the Deathlord Destruction mission could uncomplete itself.​​
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    The Zombie Emotes are (still) not unlocking account wide if you've completed the 'unlock 10' perks, unless they are taking very long time to perk-o-late thru the system.

Also, could we get a shovel heavy-weapon and back piece (and broomstick TP skin) ?
    To be clear, LURKER and PLAGUED are not unlocking when GOOD AND DEAD and DEADER unlock.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Is there any way the sidekicks could be acquired through an event store or the Questionite store or even Drifter's store? I'd like to have them and give them to a future character.

The sidekicks can be purchased for Drifter currency in the event store, though they are bind on pickup..
    The Action Figure category on the Exchange Vendor is no longer available... meaning you can no longer exchange ASCII Oakley or other Non-HighNoon AFs for titles.
    edited October 2020
    Also, Is one person running 5 accounts with 4 on follow, apparently utilizing a key-stroke repeater against the terms of service?

aqztOsU.png

t6I9c2P.png

Asking for a 'friend'
    Post edited by n8mcd on
    Idle Swim Emote is still broken
    Also, I am needing to do the undead hero OMs several times to get the perks for completing them.

I don't know exactly what you've done to the perks (I suspect you have moved them off to a sub-server) but it's made the perks laggy and problematic.
    Is the plague mask on the vendor different than the plague mask that was previously unlocked with the Horror Mask Pack from the Zen Store?

It is showing as un-learned in the store, but I have the mask from the Horror Mask Pack unlocked already.
    edited October 2020
    n8mcd wrote: »
    Is the plague mask on the vendor different than the plague mask that was previously unlocked with the Horror Mask Pack from the Zen Store?

It is showing as un-learned in the store, but I have the mask from the Horror Mask Pack unlocked already.

I would assume no, since the drops like the Headcage and such show as not unlocked as well. Due same costume but splitted in seperate drops due they not were drops from the start. Mentioned this above here already with the Cardboard and Nighwave items.

While i am at it i also have the Webbed Costumes already unlocked due the shop as well but perk also not reflects that, same for the Scarecrow Head, please adjust this. I should not be forced to reunlock something i already have, especially since limited items from an event and all.
    Post edited by ansemthedark on
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Some bluemasked costume parts give Perks.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited October 2020
    After using the Murder of Crows Transformation on a 10th character:

Perk Complete: There's Been a Murder
    You have been granted the title "Back From the Dead"
    Used Item. You have been granted 1 of Zombie Transformation.

zNvS5I9.png

And not surprisingly... after zoning several times, it appears to have granted me NEITHER the Murder of Crows or Zombie costume transformation on my characters.

So only those 10 characters I originally unlocked it on can use it, but at least everybody has the incorrect title available....

As a former engineering project manager, checklists are an excellent tool to avoid simple mistakes like this when copying existing items to make new ones, and then having a second set of eyes check your work line by line is the best way to catch mistakes that slip by the check lists. Once mistakes slip into production, it's too late to fix them without major headaches and annoyance.
    Post edited by n8mcd on
  • Is there any way the sidekicks could be acquired through an event store or the Questionite store or even Drifter's store? I'd like to have them and give them to a future character.

The sidekicks can be purchased for Drifter currency in the event store, though they are bind on pickup..

So I see, but still doesn't help if we want a different character to have the sidekick..

Also why is the Plague Mask a headwear category? How are we supposed to pair a hat with it?
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Is there any way the sidekicks could be acquired through an event store or the Questionite store or even Drifter's store? I'd like to have them and give them to a future character.

At least you can give any character you have the Drifter currency to make the purchase. The downside, you'll need to have the currency and character while the event store is available.

So I see, but still doesn't help if we want a different character to have the sidekick..

Also why is the Plague Mask a headwear category? How are we supposed to pair a hat with it?

You can always buy the temp versions on characters later, from the UNTIL store.

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User

All the emotes and transformers are not retroactive for the perks from the year before (like every other emote and transform has been)
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    n8mcd wrote: »
    Also, Is one person running 5 accounts with 4 on follow, apparently utilizing a key-stroke repeater against the terms of service?

aqztOsU.png

People afking in RC take up more spots than that. He's not hurting anything by being in MC, even when he is *actually doing stuff*. Just because some people can't get into every MC zone to do an event OM doesn't make him a problem. Might as well make standing around RC a violation of the ToS, because omg, they're stopping people from getting into the zone.

People need to stop feeling so entitled about getting into zones.

And whether or not he uses a keystroke repeater, he'd still be taking up 5 spots in the zone by multiboxing - the use or non-use of a keystroke repeater is irrelevant to the entitled babies complaining about him. IIRC, multi-boxing is not against the ToS, only using a bot is, and he does not use bots.

Also, publicly and identifiably calling someone out on the forums like this? Not cool.
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    Okay, I'm gonna need a hobby horse skin for the broomstick travel power. Yknow, the toy that's a stick with a horse head on the end? Yea that. I need one. You already have vacuums and a curling broom. Hobby horse. Kay thanks.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    So, silent change on BM store device prices? Thorn Shield 200 -> 300 from last week to this week? Why? Could this kind of thing at least show up in the patch notes?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Pretty much I should hoard all the Emotes and Transformations and unlock them AFTER they get fixed for good GOOD

We gonna have the same issues with the Christmas Emotes and Transformations, aren't we? ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
    So, silent change on BM store device prices? Thorn Shield 200 -> 300 from last week to this week? Why? Could this kind of thing at least show up in the patch notes?
    WAIT A MINUTE! WTF!?
    I knew something was odd because I was farming Week 1 on a character to get that Device​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Okay, I'm gonna need a hobby horse skin for the broomstick travel power. Yknow, the toy that's a stick with a horse head on the end? Yea that. I need one. You already have vacuums and a curling broom. Hobby horse. Kay thanks.

*pterodactyl screech of agreement*
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Bloodmoon
    ​​

Thanks for this! It's really neat, and I'd love to see more of this sort of thing. Not to sound all "get an inch, want a mile", but would it be possible to get the Salem House as a social zone too? It's really great for haunted houses, fancy mansions, I think there's a ballroom, a little theater....

• mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    tell me this is an Error...

Screenshot_2020-10-24_235016_WOB.png

*<EDIT>* Replaced image with a more clear of the problem...
    Post edited by mastercontrol7 on
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    What is the problem?...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

I assume you mean the number? I think you read it wrong 77-616 (77 to 616) damage, not 77.616 if you read it so?
    Good Evening Perk is also awarding the incorrect title and transformation, account wide, and not retroactively awarding the 'lesser included' perk.

Kdd1jjD.png
    After checking, the incorrect transformation is not being awarded, nor is the correct one, from the 'unlock 10' perks for transformations, in addition to the incorrect title/transform message being displayed.

I assume you mean the number? I think you read it wrong 77-616 (77 to 616) damage, not 77.616 if you read it so?

giphy.gif

That not even close to how I was reading* it should be this:
    Screenshot_2020-10-29_025856.jpg

NOT this
    Screenshot_2020-10-29_030349.jpg

*add people few people to the list that don't really use munitions powerset.*

Thank you.

Thank you.

Are you trying to insult people that just want to hlep, that is a low. The Hero Creator numbers often not show what is in game atm or outdated, as example only recently it got added the Laser Sword Bad Sector Ability, due i was building such and it missed it, only to be added afterwards.

Do not forget those scale different with your stats as well simply and that numbers might change due different stats affecting. The thing is on this it renews itself on maintain aswell simply so it needs a cap or you would have shields endless. up to 2688 damge is like half a players life with normal equipment without CON as SS.

If you have issues with numbers and powers report it as bug and not in the patch notes, i have chars using it and it works well for me still like before, so i not see your complain and not need to be insulted for people thinking people not play with those powers then.

Thank you.

Are you trying to insult people that just want to hlep, that is a low. The Hero Creator numbers often not show what is in game atm or outdated, as example only recently it got added the Laser Sword Bad Sector Ability, due i was building such and it missed it, only to be added afterwards.

Do not forget those scale different with your stats as well simply and that numbers might change due different stats affecting. The thing is on this it renews itself on maintain aswell simply so it needs a cap or you would have shields endless. up to 2688 damge is like half a players life with normal equipment without CON as SS.

If you have issues with numbers and powers report it as bug and not in the patch notes, i have chars using it and it works well for me still like before, so i not see your complain and not need to be insulted for people thinking people not play with those powers then.

Do you know anything that you talking about? can you prove any of this? you saying you were helping but I'm not seeing that...

if you don't know what you talking about it's best to stay quiet, instead of giving out false info...

where patch note about this? Patch notes are useless now?

I have been playing this game for 7 years... I know what I'm talking about, this is the wrong value.

people post Errors stuff in patch note all the time... What are you talking about again?

and you shouldn't be easily insulted. I don't see how that is an insult when you don't know what you talking about, and you keep showing that...

and if you use the said powerset you will also know how much it bad that it cost 3 adv point for something that you could invest in something MORE useful.

AND IM not going to argue about this on here... You are not worth it.

Worst enough there people lying on this forum as it is... please stop lying. :/

Thank you.

Do you know anything that you talking about? can you prove any of this? you saying you were helping but I'm not seeing that...

if you don't know what you talking about it's best to stay quiet, instead of giving out false info...

I have been playing this game for 7 years... I know what I'm talking about, this is the wrong value.

people post Errors stuff in patch note all the time... What are you talking about again?

and you shouldn't be easily insulted. I don't see how that is an insult when you don't know what you talking about, and you keep showing that...

and if you use the said powerset you will also know how much it bad that it cost 3 adv point for something that you could invest in something MORE useful.

Thank you.

Right, so if i have missinformation i lie on purpose, great logic you have, if someone is worse then lies it is self righteous people that attack everyone that has a different opinion and info then yourself, sure.