test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Halloween tokens

Hi everyone,

I'm really digging the availability of the new Broomstick Travel Power. It costs 1000 tokens to obtain and I'm concerned that just by doing the daily mission, I won't have enough by the time the event ends. I know you can get another 50 by doing the 'wrapper' mission (doing the daily 5 times), but is that a one time thing only?

How else do you get tokens, other than the PvP werewolf/hunter stuff? (I'm not a big PvP person). With the pumpkin drops/bags I've gotten so far, not a single token has dropped.

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Options
    piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The PVP is lame, but good folks make it less painful - there's some kind healers that pop you back up for the frenzy, and there's typically enough folks to get your kills relatively quickly. It's worth a shot just for the tokens. Just suffer like 10 mins a day - if you can take it, it's worth it.

Not sure if there's other ways to get tokens, but if this event is anything like the Anniversary event, it'll probably be another set of dailies next week and the week after that, plus the "do 5 times" ones, so if you can get 100 tokens a day, you'll be good in 10 days. I got about 120-130 yesterday on 2 different characters each, just doing the trick or treat and pvp bit. Took maybe 20 mins cuz I had no idea what I was doing.

Edit: keep in mind the PVP bit has 2 parts to it - 2 hunter quests and 2 werewolf quests - good tokens for 10 mins.
  • Options
    revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Next week we get the Undead Hero Slaughter Trains, cycling around the zone and picking up boss defeat rewards every 5-10 minutes. That adds a lot to the token accumulation. Week three is Takofanes himself, which is a daily, and a boss reward in itself, like the Defend Champions HQ mission.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 664 Arc User
    Halloween bags randomly also have tokens, so you could just kill random mobs around and collect those. I done on a character also the daily 4 times now, with bags opened randomly and the ZA Daily also randomly not each day now, got almost 300 tokens so, i don't think you will not reach the 1k tokens if you just play.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure that in 3 weeks it won't be difficult at all to get 1000 tokens on one character.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    WEEK 1 always sucks unfortunately for currency farming. Especially if you despise PVP like me and refuse to touch BITE and Zombie Apocalypse!

Weeks 2 and 3 are always where the real token income is, thanks to the additional dailies, fallen heroes, deathlords and crypt farming!

Now the fact that they reduced the event from 4 to 3 weeks can be less or more stressful ๐Ÿค”โ€‹โ€‹
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    dwnside13dwnside13 Posts: 12 Arc User
    The summoned store for the special action figure isn't counting tokens in inventory. Says I have zero, even though I have well over a hundred.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The summoned store for the special action figure isn't counting tokens in inventory. Says I have zero, even though I have well over a hundred.
    Known bug; it's using last year's currency. Kaizerin has said it will be fixed next maintenance.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Summoned Store!?
    Is this the easter egg secret store I heard from zone chat which requires the Tumerboy's AF to appear on specific location?โ€‹โ€‹
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    The best method (or least intolerable) that I've found for week one is doing Trickery and Zombie Apocalypse. Both go reasonably quickly and BITE is just too slow to deal with.

Spam those 2 missions every day and in combination with the 5 day quest, you'll have over 400 after the first week. Then you can just run undead heroes to your heart's content on week 2 and you'll be there in no time.
  • Options
    piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    You can also randomly kill low level mobs for like another 100 tokens daily. I did that last night between alerts - slaughtered many a Black Ace with an AoE. Black Aces respawn pretty quick and there's A LOT in the area by the warehouses in Westside. Some folks are also murder-touring Vibora for the kill X number of Y perks - you do that and run alerts, it'll keep you busy and making tokens.