test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Excessive Censorship of these Forums

vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
Hey! Some mod is going way overboard on post-deletion. What is the point of a forum where we can't post what we think? I'm not going to bother posting at all anymore. Maybe that is the intention... so great, you win censor person. Enjoy ruling your silent and sterile world.

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Welcome to the club.
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    When I post, I always try to thing of it as a test. If what I am writing I wouldn't say face-to-face to my own grandmother, I pare it down until it's not so inflammatory. Some people think that the internet is a freedom-of-speech zone, but nothing could be further from the truth. Forums such as these are provided BY the company responsible for their content, and as such, have to keep in mind that their contents MAY be read by members of various media outlets. Therefore, it isn't in their best interest to have vitriolic, profanity-filled content. People often forget that any constitutional guarantee of free speech is a protection against their government on restricting speech, and not a private company such as Perfect World International, this game's owners.

The company and mods both understand that a discussion can sometimes get quite heated, but even a heated argument can be backed with respect. The moment it becomes clear that respect is no longer being shown is the time when mods will step in and (a) ask those in the argument to tone it down, (b) delete an offending post, or (c) close the thread.

In comparison to some forums, this place is pretty laid back for the most part. We're expected to behave like adults, and adults shouldn't need a virtual spanking from moderators too often. If you find that your posts are being moderated or even deleted, perhaps you should re-read your posts before you clock on the [POST COMMENT] button? Further, if you do find that you start getting bad reactions to posts, there is always the edit button, where you can edit your own post and apologize for any offense caused.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Is there any new forum moderator on the team that might be prone to censoring stuff from users that s/he doesn't like?​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited February 2020
    Making fun of the Zstore with the horrible limited time anti-consumer offers with Tongue-in-cheek Memes and voicing your Dissatisfaction with the direction the game is taking the past 2 years also seem to strike a Nerve pig-17.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Is there any new forum moderator on the team that might be prone to censoring stuff from users that s/he doesn't like?​​

I mean we did get a certain new mod right before all this started happening...coincidence?
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    fam5OZT.gif​​
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    I think it’s just being selective.
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    Bump.

"Someone" clearly doesn't know the difference between ToS and Freedom of Speech.
    You don’t have freedom of speech on a forum
    I have a copy/paste option however.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    The Devs seem to be more interested in Discord these days? That's a player created channel, right? So the Devs don't control the content, I guess. Maybe that's the place to say things that mods/devs can't delete?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Naw, it will be deleted there too.
    The informations I can find on the official CO discord are 2 years old and channel is now closed.
    It’s not the official CO discord...it’s player ran and the Devs use it like it’s official.

Kinda like how Devs told Paragon Dawn about next CC and we commoners had to listen to their player ran radio station to find out.
    Also ask yourself why this topic doesn’t jump to the top of the list....quietly silencing
    edited August 2020
    This is a bad joke, right?

And don't get me wrong. I've nothing against discord channels made by players but we can not seriously confuse a fan-made channel with an official channel.

What's that?!?

N.B. : btw, paragon radio never worked with me, couldn't and can't hear any tunes there.
    Also ask yourself why this topic doesn’t jump to the top of the list....quietly silencing

It's not why, it's who.
    My record was 6 (out of 7) posts disappearing in less than a week. No discernible reason. Rarely ever edit my posts. 2 vanished from this thread (which has now been closed), not even on the aforementioned “bad week”. These just off the top of my head, semi-recent, somehow negative but not insulting, disrespectful or horribly topic-derailing or anything. This is shady and disrespectful AF and I’ve had it.

For 10 years, I’ve been a loyal, supportive, constructive, productive, respectful, polite, civil, friendly (...yada yada yada) player and forumite. A ray of sunshine, a goddamn delight. So, speaking as someone who’s offered loads of compliments before, I can tell you that those posts, never disappear. Not one that I can recall. Whatever forum malfunction we’re having, it is just discerning like that. And I think that’s amazing.

Way to go, nazi A.I! Good on you, Discord Gestapo! All hail the Kaiser! I say: F**K. THAT.

7CPhWPU.png
    My account had been jailed, just to confirm this is not random and this is definitely intentional from someone.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I'm sharpening my 'shiv' to be ready.
    :#
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited August 2020
    Ask too many questions.

This is a positive feedback location only, they also have a discord to continue the positive feedback.
    edited August 2020
    If all you’ve been doing is speak your truth, then honey, you wear those bars with pride! I love it. It’s apocalypse-chic, very au courant, Days of Future Past meets Orange Is The New Black; Finn is rocking his Oz shiv and I’m canceled and a half, now let’s get it crunk! #FreeCO #SaveCO #YouAreNotAlone

giphy.gif
    Ask too many questions.

This is a positive feedback location only, they also have a discord to continue the positive feedback.

AKA surrounding yourself with “Yes” people.
    edited August 2020
    Ask too many questions.

Oh no, she doesn't mind questions.
    I believe she even likes them as it shows who are the "ennemies".

It's the truth that will get you in jail.
    spordelia wrote: »
    If all you’ve been doing is speak your truth, then honey, you wear those bars with pride! I love it. It’s apocalypse-chic, very au courant, Days of Future Past meets Orange Is The New Black; Finn is rocking his Oz shiv and I’m canceled and a half, now let’s get it crunk! #FreeCO #SaveCO #YouAreNotAlone

giphy.gif

and everytbody can wear orange and smile !
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oopm3g3As6Y
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I mean I didn't even post this in off-topic. It got moved into the boonies and then marked for death XD.

Maybe slightly better than the outright post deletion they had been carpet bombing me with earlier... but not by much.
    And look...they silenced most of the people
    Be careful! Big Furry brother is watching
    Be careful! Big Furry brother is watching

The great purge has already started.
    edited September 2020
    CO-Forum.jpg
    Sometimes pictures speak louder than words.

• itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Gosh golly.
    I take a personal break from these forums, then I come back and it's like darkest future.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • aluze21aluze21 Posts: 8 Arc User
    [quote="holloweaver;c-12846684"][img]https://i.ibb.co/K73R8MT/CO-Forum.jpg[/img]
    Sometimes pictures speak louder than words.

[/quote]

To be fair, this is an automatic filter that Vanilla forums have. Basically if you post too many image/videolinks or even BBCode strings (for example if you want to make your text all different colors), Vanilla forum assumes you want to hack the pentagon and release state secrets and auto-tags your post for manual verification.

Generally in other Vanilla forums this process goes unnoticed because there are multiple mods at all times that review said posts. Here...there are 2 not very active mods: one that only posts PTS and release notes as a courtesy since most feedback is taken in from discord, and one that copy pastes event news from 3 years ago or from STO forum without proof reading them.​​
    aluze21 wrote: »
    (..) one that only posts PTS and release notes as a courtesy since most feedback is taken in from discord, (...)​​

This one, which is also the only dev, is very "active" (in censoring i mean).
  • themadvykingthemadvyking Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Im one of the leaders of Paragon Dawn and Dawn Radio.

We were told?

News to me

We saw the notice like everyone else and we wanted to do our part for the community just like the discord channel does.

I always credit Vexx for doing that work on Discord.

And if had problems with music that i'm sorry . Chrome and Edge has been rebeling with website player. So we provide a port link for those with podcast players like VLC.

Always willing to talk to anyone on problems like that :)
    Told? Notice? Community?

You didn't read the thread, did you?
    What do you want to do for a community who's passively cautioning an abusive dev+mod, huh?!?

Friendly reminder : a mod only has the power and authority that the community itself agrees to give her.
    Yes I did read

There are more than devs who play the game. That's the community of players.
    edited October 2020
    That's precisely my point.

As a smart guy said (his name was A. Einstein) : "The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything."
    It means that one man can only do harm to the extend of the lack of active opposition.

A community's passivity is far from innocent or unharmful.
    From what I've seen here, only 2 persons have shown an active opposition to the abusive actions of the one dev+mod.
    Considering that steam count +/- 150 active players, then we may add 50% of this number from ARC, for a rough 230 active players per day.
    We end with 2/230 or 0.8% of the community that does not support this abusive dev (well that is if we do count myself as an active player which I'm not anymore, nor the other player either so actually that's 0/230... The Great Purge does its job).
  • aluze21aluze21 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Am I that other player? Cause I don't play the game anymore. Specially since FFXIV got a brand new patch 2 days ago that added a whole new instanced area like QWZ only it was developed by programmers and not an artist and therefore it doesn't suck :)
    The point I was making was with no knowledge at all it was assumed my group and station are dev related

It is not.

Let me repeat that

It is not.

If you listen to the station. You would find where we point out good things and criticize what we think are not. It's our opinion there is always room for improvement no matter where you go or do. The devs do not tell us anything. Since our over six years of existence this was the first year a dev gave acknowledgement and even gave an interview on air. What we do is not dev requested or tipped off as the other person gave the inclination to a few people which got my attention. Now in all honesty I am more than happy to talk to you and hear you out. But to say the group and station as well as discord which was made by a long standing in game player were not just made for the sake of the players well then we just to agree to disagree.
    edited October 2020
    ...?
    Ok I didn't checked the correct word, my bad.

Here's what I meant exactly : "What do you want to do for a community who's passively endorsing an abusive dev+mod, huh?!?"
    The point I was making was with no knowledge at all it was assumed my group and station are dev related (...)
    Not from me (more precisely from @ealford1985).
    (...) Now in all honesty I am more than happy to talk to you and hear you out. (...)
    I believe I've already provided a good resume of the actual situation but feel free to ask complementary questions.
    (...) But to say the group and station as well as discord which was made by a long standing in game player were not just made for the sake of the players well then we just to agree to disagree.
    I'm not concerned by this point but I might end to agree to disagree with you, mostly because your point, here, is to express how this excess of censorship of these forums does not concern you, nor your group, nor your radio, nor your discord.
    Post edited by holloweaver on
    A whole conversation just got deleted, thanks to a faithful supporter of this abusive mod+dev.

Now everybody repeats in chorus : "One Dev. One Gameplay. One Rule."
    Next week, you'll all learn to say it in german.
    edited October 2020
    And another topic locked because players were speaking with each other.
    The Great Purge never stops !