test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ball-Lightning

lillysaturnlillysaturn Posts: 109 Arc User
edited October 2020 in Power Discussion
A lot of Electro Blasters use it to supplement their EB, but given the AI those often go the wrong way. This leads to a lot of screaming at cosmics. What can be done ? (Aside of not using it)

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Likely nothing will be done because the problem can be mitigated by players who have it being smarter about how they use it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    A lot of Electro Blasters use it to supplement their EB, but given the AI those often go the wrong way. This leads to a lot of screaming at cosmics. What can be done ? (Aside of not using it)
    Ball lightning (the power -- Teleios lightning rod works differently and can be a problem) only uses its own AI if its initial target dies, otherwise it just goes after whatever you pointed it at when you cast it. This means it isn't a direct problem at the ape as long as you don't position yourself with a heart between you and the ape, and at kiga can be dealt with by just not using ball lightning if the dog is going to die in the next ten seconds.
  • lillysaturnlillysaturn Posts: 109 Arc User
    Ball lightning (the power -- Teleios lightning rod works differently and can be a problem) only uses its own AI if its initial target dies, otherwise it just goes after whatever you pointed it at when you cast it. This means it isn't a direct problem at the ape as long as you don't position yourself with a heart between you and the ape, and at kiga can be dealt with by just not using ball lightning if the dog is going to die in the next ten seconds.

Oh. I am aware of that. I just opened this discussion mostly for the benefit of people who are seem to be unaware of it
    .(I am perfectly good at not using my Ball-Lightning NOT against the dogos. Once people are up on the podest its not really a problem in my opinion. (I am way less aware of how to use them on the Ape, but I usually avoid him since I am horribly bad at blocking). But good to know. Ty pantagruel