Corrosive Pit ?

lillysaturnlillysaturn Posts: 109 Arc User
is it any good?
Is it useful?
...or can we quickly forget about it?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Seems like it'd be used in a similar vein as Whirlpool or Earthquake, but w/ poison mechanics ofc. It does look like it can rack up a lot of DoT dmg for a 1-sec activation power, and that can make it good as a personal dps cd against targets that don't move around too much.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • lillysaturnlillysaturn Posts: 109 Arc User
    On a related note.
    What SS are good for corrosive?
    Any?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    It's not about the SSs as much as the Ult dealing Toxic dmg, so for dps you'd ideally want a slotted passive that will boost the Toxic_Elemental dmg type. The main dps stat choice would more be determined by what your toggle/form is for a build that is using the Ult (ex. Ego or Int for Concentration or AotI, Dex or Ego for Chilled Form, etc). Also just fyi, the energy unlocks that can work w/ the Ult are Mephitic (End), Supernatural Power (Rec/End), or Conjuring (Int) (since it seems like Noxious Poison can trigger Conjuring, and even w/o the Debilitating Poison adv).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • lillysaturnlillysaturn Posts: 109 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    The main dps stat choice would more be determined by what your toggle/form is for a build that is using the Ult (ex. Ego or Int for Concentration or AotI, Dex or Ego for Chilled Form, etc). Also just fyi, the energy unlocks that can work w/ the Ult are Mephitic (End), Supernatural Power (Rec/End), or Conjuring (Int) (since it seems like Noxious Poison can trigger Conjuring, and even w/o the Debilitating Poison adv).
    Hmmm. Hard choices then. Supernatural seems best for my taste...

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    I use it on my fire based toon (fire passive) and he spews it as lava. I love it! There's some nice synergy between the fire and poison debuffs and stacking poison dots on top of clinging flames makes for some nice melting. :)

The only downside for me is that the spewing animation might not jive with the theme for some of my toons.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I actually use it on my Fire DPS as well since Meteor Blaze is a flying piece of garbage as ultimate to this day and drags the Fire performance! So Corrosive Pit is pretty good substitute and gets buffed from Fire Form elemental damage
    Really good overall Fire-and-Forget ultimate​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Best for nuking big groups of mobs, but also good for applying noxious poison that you can keep refreshing with your blast. Still very useful on bosses for a bit of extra DoT. Overall, very helpful indeed.
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    It's not for all characters, but the extra DoT is handy. I use it on some of my cosmic fighters and QWZ characters. Pestilence, Night Warrior, Enchanter - all boost it. I like it as an alternative to whirlpool. I could see fire and ice passives benefiting too.