test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are AT's just weak for a purpose or poorly balanced ?.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
edited October 2020 in Power Discussion
Been playing up an AT Inventor to 40 and geared him up in full Merc and purple secondarys with R5 PRE-mods,
pushing the PRE PS up to 508 without buffs. And after hours of comparing builds on Discord, the final build
was finally applied yesterday .

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=36&n=Necron%20-%20RF&d=R4650U63SVgO0E30717000730779057C037P00A8007B039D037Q037U007D057S03000000002tPJ1kuV0rh960000000000&e=

Yet.. the healing from Bionic Shielding is crap, putting it mildly. At 500+ PRE , it barely scrapes past 1200 heals per
player hit taken to a maximum of 5 hits over 15 seconds.. Not even enough to heal against Kiga's Storm
and barely enough to heal someone blocking while walking out of Lava on the Ape.

And even with Spec for healingdrones, the drones heal's is PATHETIC, ticking for 30/0.5sec... like.. WTF, +30heal
on players that has THOUSANDS of health, this literally makes the drones useless.

So we have an AT that is a healer foremost (damage potential sucks ) , and yet it has very very bad healing,
even when combined with +heal spec for drones and maxed drones. The only good thing about the Inventor,
is the Nanites, and i'm starting to believe that was unintentional, because it appears that everything on this AT,
you succeeded to - in some way - make more or less useless.

Another issue with the inventor is that it's a SUPPORT, with really poor damage and poor healing,
which leads to an AT that isn't good at anything. It doens't have a form that increases health,
because it's form is a DPS-form - on a support AT !?.
It even has the worst Res in the game, a singel target 11 sec CD Res with a really short range.

The only reason i can think of why an AT would be this bad, is that you people who decides,
want people to buy LTS so they don't have to endure the bad AT's...

That's the only logical explanation.
Post edited by diggot on

Comments

• Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The best guess about a lot of ATs is that the people who built them had no idea how to play the game. Most revised ATs are functional.
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Inventor is notoriously one of the worst ATs and, afaik, has never been revisited. Most ATs are various levels of poorly designed. Even the acceptable ones aren't generally what one would call 'well built', merely acceptable.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    To this day I still regret buying Inventor AT, back to the days before FF slots! What a waste of Zen onion-48.gif
    It was so bad I remade the character into FF Gadgeteer DPS to actually enjoy gadgets

As mentioned Inventor is one of those horrible outdated ATs which have aged really poorly with the current game's standards!

Greatly because of how it got build back in the day and the critical lack of Gadgeteer revamps and power buffs+fixes updates along with lack of new powers to expand Gadget Healer!
    If Gadgeteer ever gets the revamp it deserves in 10 years, the AT will change (and we will propably get a DPS version of Gadgeteer, leaving Inventor stuck on support duties)

This AT was designed with the mindset that you will sit back and set your Minions to do the dirty job for you while supporting on the background and firing powers, but pets fail to even hold agro, you are just a big helpless target

Hell Resurrection Serum still prioritizes targeting defeated enemies instead of defeated allies if they happen to stack together! Still no AOE Ressurection like the other Res powers too, and it comes with a Cooldown as well! Amazing
    On Team content of alerts, Inventor will always be an Agro magnet because Medical Nanities will keep agro off combat!
    Bionic Shielding being the only DIRECT Healing doesn't help, still waiting for that darn HEALING RAYGUN! Every online team based game today has a Healing raygun! GOD DAMN IT!

Experimental Blaster and Burst Ray being outdated with low dps and full charge, (Burst Ray has Cooldown on top of that, unreliable AOE power) Experimental Blaster can be useful if you Tap like a madman

Orbital Cannon being the only decent damage dealer on the AT's kit, but takes forever to set up and requiring to sacrifice rank 3 for Anvil of Dawn ADV

Pets greatly drag this AT back too since Pets' AI is still Braindead to this day and in endgame they die instantly! Being stuck with the Commander Tree greatly clips the AT since it denies a more useful spec for Healing or Combat!
    Pet used to be useful back to the days but on Endgame they are waste of power slots, a novelty and a dead weight

Since we won't get any powerframe revamp until 2021 and Gadgeteer feeling it's gonna be the most difficult to rebalance since the powers are all over the place, I don't think this AT will get redemption any time soon

Meanwhile, The Impulse is also another Trash AT because FORCE never got updated and it has gaps and holes in every required utilities (Energy Unlock, A DPS passive that doesn't cannibalize itself, Crush Debuff)

Both of those ATs are full of holes and took a serious damage with the Powerframe revamp postpone
    Screw endgame and event content, I want powerframe revamps to have proper builds FIRST! Content is not fun when the characters I want to do it with who are clipped with outdated power mechanics or lack of

Unrelated Fun fact: Experimental Burst Ray + Arcturus Cooling System has a really low chance to transform your character into Gordon Freeman from the Half Life series for a few seconds
    I remember finding this Easter Egg back in the days and complety losing it​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    now that you mention it, i gotta agree a healing raygun would be nice in the gadgeteering tree. though looking at recent changes we'll probably end up getting it as a device instead of an actual power.

i did try an impulse as well to see if it was that bad, and yes it was. its rather sad to have to fire off 5 energy builder attacks to refill energy for each full charge force cascade. i do remember jafeto and some others saying impulse can offtank TA, but lets face it, that comes down to IDF + blocking doing the mitigation and having an aoe aggro grab, rather than an endorsement of the AT as a whole.

i'll probably suffer an inventor next DTP just for that experience as well, though i remember qawsada showing how he managed to make it work (with zstore team healing device for clutch lol).
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    h4forums wrote: »
    now that you mention it, i gotta agree a healing raygun would be nice in the gadgeteering tree. though looking at recent changes we'll probably end up getting it as a device instead of an actual power..
    It's a highly requested power, making it into a Device would be pretty tone deaf with the current state of the powerframe consider both the DPS and Healing aspects of Gadgets need to be expanded, and with all the Online videogames since the release of CO having healing ray guns for their healing classes, the healing aspect of Gadgets in CO feel like baby toys

With a Proper Gadgeteer Revamp everything is possible, we already have weapon-powers that can be used as base for it, Tractor Beam and Healing beam visuals from Support Drones & Vehicles :grimace:
    i'll probably suffer an inventor next DTP just for that experience as well, though i remember qawsada showing how he managed to make it work (with zstore team healing device for clutch lol).
    Good luck with that, but I warning you, It's not fun, and Pet's AI keeps bugging refusing to attack targets
    i did try an impulse as well to see if it was that bad, and yes it was. its rather sad to have to fire off 5 energy builder attacks to refill energy for each full charge force cascade. i do remember jafeto and some others saying impulse can offtank TA, but lets face it, that comes down to IDF + blocking doing the mitigation and having an aoe aggro grab, rather than an endorsement of the AT as a whole.

Not even the Freeform aspect of Force is stable, you have to steal Energy Unlock, Passive and a power with Crushing debuff from other powersets to make it work properly, creating an amalgamation that can easily break theme builds!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

Don't. They're utterly broken. You have a Support healer, that uses a DPS form (Consentration) and
    have pet specialization .. leaving the AT not able to do anything good.
    My Inventor had over 500 PRE, yet the Bionic Shielding barely clawed past 1100 healing,
    and Consentration doens't increase healing.

It's your Zen, but i wouldn't bother - you've been warned.