test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

hello it's for a survey, do you want a new archetype ...

strike35400strike35400 Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2020 in Champions Online Discussion
Good evening friends heroes,
so I realized that we were missing a style of power that we had on a certain game that everyone has known
I give you in the answer, "City of heroes"

Do you remember there was a "staff fighting style" in this game?
You will ask me "why he talks about this game and not the archetype that we want to know what is the reason for this survey"
precisely here is the next survey,

Well that will be the survey for this

"do you want the champions online team, develop a staff fighter melee archetype"

vote "yes" or "no"

I easily give 3 weeks for the votes, I will come back every 3 days to identify the yes and no

with permission of the team champions online please if I posted the survey in the wrong topic move it if possiblein the adapt section

Edit :

yes : 2

no : 8
Post edited by strike35400 on

Comments

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I can tell you now that, Yes, people want a Staff Fighting power set. It has been requested many times, actually. And Cryptic knows it's something people want. As far as I know, the only reason we don't have it is, Champions doesn't have the team required to implement it. In fact, I remember one of the Devs (Either Kaiserin or Ambassador Kael) mentioning that requests for single powers is more likely to happen than full power sets. Same issue with requests for "Water" based powers. While we are slowly getting more Water themed powers (Bubble Flight, Surf Slide, Whirlpool, and Holy Water) we won't be getting a full Water based power set. So it's more likely we may, at some point, get a Staff based attack, it's doubtful we'll ever get a full set. And less likely to have an AT based on it.
  • aluze21aluze21 Posts: 8 Arc User
    "the champion online team" "develop"

lol dude it's just one artist, one borrowed animator and the copy pasta master. none of them have the skill to program a whole set of new skills for a new archetype.
  • nephtnepht Posts: 6,883 Arc User
    and sorry for my bad english i'm french but i speak english a little well ^^

Your English is not bad at all. Should have seen mine the first time I posted on these forums. And seeing a new archetype would be great :3
    nepht_siggy_v6_by_nepht-dbbz19n.jpg
    Nepht and Dr Deflecto on primus
    They all thought I was out of the game....But I'm holding all the lockboxes now..
    I'll......FOAM FINGER YOUR BACK!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    CO doesn't have any two handed weapon fighting styles, because it's hard to make the arms align properly given the wide variety of builds possible with the costume creator.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    aluze21 wrote: »
    and the copy pasta master.
    This is not true at all, "Master" Implies he is actually GOOD on copy pasting text perfectly with no mistakes vQTD03D.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    aluze21 wrote: »
    "the champion online team" "develop"

lol dude it's just one artist, one borrowed animator and the copy pasta master. none of them have the skill to program a whole set of new skills for a new archetype.
    Laser Sword is a whole set that sprung up from almost nothing, so there's that.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    People wanting new stuff?
    Yes?
    No?
    Is 'No' even an adequate option?
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    TOTALLY yes, but there that Dev team we have, so might get it before we all old and dried as bones.

Well Hopefully. 3o3
  • yannbiosyannbios Posts: 51 Arc User
    We will not get a new archetype or power set. Look at the passed 5 years. Its just copied costumes pieces, cash shop items, auras .basically cosmetic additions. People need to understand there will probably never be new original content for champions online. The gaming staff does not have the capability. Be thankful the game is still around. So just keep making new toons and rinse and repeating the same routine u all do. Or log in and afk,chat for hours or give in and go to caprice.
    End game content? If we are lucky we will get eido back. People will start trying to do secret runs again lol. That's the extent of what champions online has to provide for you. Oh I forgot...more news. Removing forms, aura scaling for healer/support toons and im sure many many more power nerfs down the road. Will people complain and say the hell with the game ? Hahaha for sure. But they won't quit.
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    People wanting new stuff?
    Yes?
    No?
    Is 'No' even an adequate option?
    :#
    When read literally then of course it turns out as ridiculous as that. So your point is?

I believe the op is not very aware on all the implications behind this simple question such as : it requires to create a new powerset from EB to T4 powers, it requires to create animations as well as new costume items (staffs), it requires to be tested and rebalanced (especially all the op combos that would be possible with this new powerset), it'll also require multiple tailor fixes to correct all the cliping issues and that's just the ones i can think about but it'll require even more work than this.