test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20201009.2 - Bloodmoon

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2020 in PTS - The Archive
Bloodmoon
  • Added the following costumes tot he event store: Terror Arms, Tattered, Ghost Hunter Boots, Skull Guitar.
  • Added the following costumes the the debugger store: Pumpkin Emblem, Ghost Hunter Style, Ghost Hunter Backpack, Ghost Hunter Jumpsuit.
  • Added the following to the debugger store: Broomstick Flight unlock. This travel power can be customized by going into the tailor. The following costumes can unlock a skin for Broomstick Flight: Broomstick, Curling Broom, Baron Cimetiere Cane.
  • Zombie costume items will now only drop in Crypts (previously could drop from Halloween Treat Bag).
  • Cardboard costume items will now only drop from Trick or Treaters (previously was in the event store).
  • Zombie Idle 1 and 2 will now only drop from Halloween Treat Bags (previously was in the event store).
  • Murder of Crows, Zombie and Vampire costume transformations will now only drop from undead Heroes (previously was in the event store).

Perks
  • Event Perks that required you to trade in costumes now check to see if you have them unlocked instead.

Onslaught
  • Updated event open mission areas to disable the use of Onslaught powers while in the open mission area (and for some time after exiting). This does not remove you from Onslaught mode, just prevents you from using any of your attacks.

Questionite
  • The Toxic Rocket weapon system will be available in the store while the Bloodmoon event is active.

Misc
  • Added Baron Cimetiere Cane costume to the Therakiel debugger store.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    KZ7MAPn.jpg
    Broom TP Video
    Keep in mind the Broom TP follow the same rule as Burrow and TP. You cannot use your power or interact while using the TP.

BUG?: You can block while on a broom.
    Post edited by qawsada on
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Good News, the Broomstick Flight is awesome

BAD NEWS: It cannot be used for Combat neither with Interacting with the enviroment, which is really annoying
    So it's used only for Novelty and rank 3 travel power! Not for combat use

BUG: The Jagged Broom unlock doesn't chance the skin, the travel power still use the Default Broomstick instead

EDIT: Wrong name, I meant Jagged Broomstick not Curling! The Broomstick from the Bloodmoon vendor! On tailor it's named Jagged
    it's 4:21 am here don't mind me
    MdlPe7l.png​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited October 2020
    Suggestion: Can you please make Broomstick Flight at least being able to INTERACT with the enviroment?

It can stay off combat but not being able to talk to NPCs and open doors is annoying

For example: Talking to sapphire during the Forum Malvanum Race where flying is required! With Broomstick this would be impossible
    NO MARTIAL ARTS BLADE SKIN? Unforgivable :-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1:
    qawsada wrote: »
    Well... the position is amusing
    Are you happy to see me? or is that a Broomstick in your pocket? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    avianos wrote: »
    Suggestion: Can you please make Broomstick Flight at least being able to INTERACT with the enviroment?

It can stay off combat but not being able to talk to NPCs and open doors is annoying

NO MARTIAL ARTS BLADE SKIN? Unforgivable :-1::-1::-1::-1::-1::-1:
    Well... the position is amusing
    Are you happy to see me? or is that a Broomstick in your pocket? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​

Yes
    death.JPG

Also, I agree that the cane should also be an MA weapon.

Suggestion: Add Baron Cimetiere Cane as MA weapon as well
  • The skull guitar looks like the same exact one we already have?
    edited October 2020
    The skull guitar looks like the same exact one we already have?
    Yeah, It's just a reskin with skulls on it​​
    Actually it is the same
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    Could you consider some "Vacuum cleaner" skins for the Broomstick flight?

vacuum-cleaner-1.jpg

aspiradora.jpg

• esonverconradeesonverconrade Posts: 9 Arc User
    Tattered Belt should take up Cloth costume slot instead of Belt, or better yet, have it available for both Belt & Cloth.

People will be missing out of a lot of great costume combinations if Tattered Belt is Belt slot only, design-wise it looks more like a Cloth piece for me.
  • ragnakingragnaking Posts: 73 Arc User
    Do love the new stuff coming. Would be cool if there were variants of those terror arms though, like version with massive bat wings lining them or a cape (or even drapes the shoulders.)
    edited October 2020
    Ghost Hunter set is very nice Homage to Ghost Busters Now if we ever got a proper Gadgeteer revamp and new gadget powers with it! UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURG, 2021 please deliver

I cannot take the Terror Arms seriously, they are static and they look too fake

Overall the Broom flight is very stylish and the all the new little animations given to it provides a lot of Personality!
    I can live with it being not being usable in combat, but please make it so you can interact with enviroment with it (once again, there are flying npcs like FM Race Sapphire who require interaction)

So to sum it up
    Suggestion: If you are going to Disable Emotes while on Broom flight for obvious reasons (it's clear that people can and will use it for inappropriate emotes) AHEM
    I suggest following the same thing with the Ghost Wolf TP and make it so using specific or all Emotes plays special animation for the Broomstick
    Examples:
    • Making the character spin around
    • Doing a barrel roll on the current position,
    • Evil laugh and giggle
    • Spinning the Broom like Crimson Bloom from SB while the character levitates
    • ACTUALLY using the Broom to sweep the floor
    • Make it play the Poke with Stick emote e.t.c

Suggestion: Make it so Block can be used on Broom Flight with No animation playing to mess up the TP
    If it can work with R.A.D Sphere to this day (Unintentionally or Intentionally) perhaps the code can allow it with Broom Flight too
    See R.A.D allows block but complety disables the blocking animation along other things

Suggestion: Allow Broomstick Travel Power to be able to interact with NPCs and Enviroment

Suggestion: Make Baron Cimetiere Cane available for MA blade skins
    please stop making HW and/or MA weapon skins and limiting the options, this can work perfectly for MA and there are FF builders like me who want to combine MA and HW powers for theme builds
    Still waiting for MA version of the Gear Swordonion-48.gif

EDIT: You may also check the swimming animation while using Broom underwater​​
  • I like the terror arms. Now I can make four armed characters. It having psionic and other textures gives it some broader use. Move over PSI, I can make my own four armed enforcer.

New idea - a snake body that just makes the legs invisible. It doesn't move but it's better than nothing. Add some psionic textures too and others
    edited October 2020
    BUG: Baron Cimetiere Cane + Heavy Weapon powers
    All Ranks of the following power's charge aura visuals mismatch with the weapon and are emitting from wrong locations
    1. Arc of Ruin
    2. Skullcrusher
    3. Brimstone
    4. Annihilate
    zvBwhMs.gif
    The usual bug for new HW skins​​
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    New idea - a snake body that just makes the legs invisible. It doesn't move but it's better than nothing. Add some psionic textures too and others

Yes! With the Ghost or Shadow or Psionic material or something it'd also make a fun genie smoke tail thing. And maybe throw a fin option on the end for mermaids!

Also, "Event Perks that required you to trade in costumes now check to see if you have them unlocked instead." That's a great change! Just for clarity, is this for all events, or currently just Blood Moon? I feel like I'm about to get a bunch of perks next Thursday, heh.

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Pumpkin emblems will be fun to use
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

FWIW, you can block while tunneling too, so probably not a bug.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I wonder if the Toy Master will finally be removed with this event? His only purpose atm is during the Anniversary where he functions as one of the heroes that can be contacted to satisfy a mission.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    The Broom TP looks amazing! O:
    The block breaks the Travel power animation, acts like you are blocking on the ground and puts the broomstick on your Crotch :grimace:​​
  • evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    The Terror Arms remind me of the arms that belong to William Birkin from Resident Evil.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    The new stuff looks fantastic! The animation on the broom flight to is probably the smoothest animation I've seen in the entire game. Awesome to see! :smiley:
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    avianos wrote: »
    The block breaks the Travel power animation, acts like you are blocking on the ground and puts the broomstick on your Crotch :grimace:​​

Okay, that part is more than a little weird. I might suggest its the animation that's the bug?

(Hardly the only weird TP/blocking animation. Arcane flight uses the 'i'm charging up manipulator' animation for its block animation, which is just bizarre, although not as weird as this).
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Okay, that part is more than a little weird. I might suggest its the animation that's the bug?

(Hardly the only weird TP/blocking animation. Arcane flight uses the 'i'm charging up manipulator' animation for its block animation, which is just bizarre, although not as weird as this).

I just noticed that with Arcane Flight myself. Blocking with my armpits seems like it may be an animation bug too. :#
    Post edited by spookyspectre on
This discussion has been closed.