test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/8/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2020 in Release Notes
Giant Monster Week
  • For the next week this event will be running.

Costumes
  • Fixed an issue where some arms were missing from the robotic and partial sections.
  • Fixed an issue where the Alien Organic Heavy weapon was not unlocking account wide.

Devices
  • Fixed an issue there the Pulp Sci Fi Ray Gun was sharing a cooldown.
​​

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    How does one get the Pulp Sci Fi Ray Gun?
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    You can get it as a rare drop from the Destroids Rise Again open mission downtown.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Regarding PARTIAL ARMS, I have noticed that the TOY ARMS have duplicate base/connecting geometry with that found on the ATTACHMENT CHEST sub menu. The textures and colors of the two overlap inconsistently, and the arm-textures are different than the chest attachment textures.

Because the base geometry is already obligatorily present as an ATTACHMENT CHEST, I would suggest removing the duplicate geometry from the ATTACHMENT ARM category.
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    Huh. Glad it's just an ordinary Giant Monster week, since the tagline "Final Wars"... didn't sound like the last few times.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Between the title names like 11TH HOUR and THE LAST MOMENT from the Champions Anniversary, Recent series titles like DEATH RATTLE and now the FINAL WARS sub-title on the Cosmic week, I am actually starting to wonder if you guys are trying to tell us something about the state of the game going forward....
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    So in other news, another chill week for me to relax before diving in the obnoxious event grinding and dailies! I will take it
    Giant Monster Week
    • For the next week this event will be running.
    N E C K Teleiosaurus is creeping with no text
    xC3gP7G.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    n8mcd wrote: »
    Between the title names like 11TH HOUR and THE LAST MOMENT from the Champions Anniversary, Recent series titles like DEATH RATTLE and now the FINAL WARS sub-title on the Cosmic week, I am actually starting to wonder if you guys are trying to tell us something about the state of the game going forward....

CO is ded.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    n8mcd wrote: »

Preeeetty sure it's just a big coincidence but it is a gloomy trend, heh. Death Rattle is because it involved the Cobra Lords (Rattle like a Rattlesnake, you know), 11th Hour and the Last Moment because the theme they picked for 11 was "11 o'clock/1 hour to midnight" I guess (like the 9th anniversary's theme was cats/9 lives, and 10 was Top Ten). Final Wars is just the title of some Godzilla movie that they probably just thought sounded good.

• ragnakingragnaking Posts: 73 Arc User
    A very cheesy movie but fun.
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    So what's the point of Cosmic week if the GM's aren't going to do anything about the trolls that are grief-ing all the cosmic runs. People are getting less rewards, not more, because the trolls are blocking any runs from finishing.
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    Ah okay. I didn't think to google the Final Wars reference, but that makes more sense now. They just picked the name because... monster movie. Not "last time for this event", which admittedly was my first question.
  • ragnakingragnaking Posts: 73 Arc User
    Nah, don't worry, they'd of probably went with a more finite based name if they were going to do that I guess.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Devices
    • Fixed an issue there the Pulp Sci Fi Ray Gun was sharing a cooldown.
    On PTS, Qularr Toxic Rifle while no longer getting Pulp Sci Fi Ray Gun's CD, still has an inconsistent cooldown on its own

Not having a visible numeric cooldown timer doesn't help​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!