test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Make crafting worth it, fix the broken ranking of mods.

diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User

Currently the only mods you can farm in the open world are Rank 3, unless you are Mysticism, then you get access
to a very small amount of R4 nodes on MI . I've heard that VB also has R4 nodes but i have never seen them.

To get a Rank 4 mod you need 5x Rank 3, and that is IF the fuse doesn't break.. then you're SoL.
To get a Rank 5 mod, you need to farm 25 Rank 3 mods..and each time the fuse breaks, you lose 5 Rank 3 mods.

This escalades for each step by 5.. up to thousands of Rank 3 mods for a single Rank 9 mod.. and even with 400
in your profession, the risk of failing a fuse will increase drastically with each rank..

Yet the risk of failing a fuse and losing hundreds or thousands of mods, isn't represented in the amount of stats that
are increased in the mod created. The step from Rank 5 to Rank 6 is a meager +2 stat and it continues from there.

To create a Rank 9 mod, it requires a staggering 15k Rank 3 mods, and that is if you don't fail a single fuse,
but who in the right mind would farm 15k mods !?.

Yet, the increase in the attributes from Step 7-8 and 8-9 are minimum, and has really absolutely no real effect
on your character in the end.. yet the cost is astronomical.. 5000 gold for a single transmuter to jump from 8-9,
that's a 5000g price for a attribute increase of 2, in a game where endgame builds usually are around 500points in SS.

I suggest that we rewamp the mod-system and let the time spent farming mods, combined with the risk of
losing tons of mods during fuse - be reflected in the increase in attribute for each rank of the mods.

To go from 5 mods at rank 4 , to 15k mods at rank 9 - for a very meager increase in stats, and an even
lower upgrade per rank..

Make the increase is cost and time to craft, be reflected in the amount of increase in stat per rank.

Comments

• ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    I agree. I would also like to add that it would be nice if we didn't have to craft mods one at a time. For instance, it would be nice if when I have 250 R3 mods, I can click once and it would automatically fuse as many as possible.
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    I agree. I would also like to add that it would be nice if we didn't have to craft mods one at a time. For instance, it would be nice if when I have 250 R3 mods, I can click once and it would automatically fuse as many as possible.

That can't be done because each fuse is a seperate action with a % to fail.
    it can be done, easily
    diggot wrote: »

I mean each rank is one click. It can be done easily
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    it can be done, easily

And how would you incorporate the use of % and safeguard catalysts into this? I mean sure, I would like to have a quicker fusing method but the decision of whether to use a catalyst and which type of catalyst I use i determined by the results of the fusing so far and what ones I have available.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    it can be done, easily

And how would you incorporate the use of % and safeguard catalysts into this? I mean sure, I would like to have a quicker fusing method but the decision of whether to use a catalyst and which type of catalyst I use i determined by the results of the fusing so far and what ones I have available.

Now I'm on the spot, lol. There are other games with faster crafting that CO can borrow from, such as:

1. Using a slider to choose how many mods we want to fuse of the ones available.

2. You could stick your catalysts in and leave it running until you run out of mods or catalysts, whichever comes first.

3. If you realize you made a mistake, pressing spacebar can pause the process.

P.S. I apologize for highjacking this post. That wasn't my intention.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    They aren't going to do this. They want players to spend money on safeguard and upgrade catalysts.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    My issue isn't all the fusing.. My problem is that the increase in mods required and time
    spent farming those mods, isn't reflected in the increase in stats with each increased rank.
    The increase in attribute per increased rank needs to reflect the time spent farming for mods
    and increased risk of failiure and losing mods.
    Yes, and the increase in stats at that level also has diminishing returns. So the improvements at the top are tiny. And I think that is the intent. They don't want there to be a huge difference between those in gear w/ r7s (easy to come by) as compared to those w/ r9s. They want people who only want a handful of characters, but who want them geared to the max, to spend lots of time grinding gear that only fractionally improves performance but which then gives them some bragging rights. I can't see them changing this basic design philosophy.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Farming mod nodes is good for increasing your Crafting skill and getting safeguard and upgrade catalysts. A little less so for the mods themselves. I usually farm nodes to get up to 300 with my Crafting skill and then use Crafting Skill Ups to get to 400.

You'll get better mods from Daily Alerts, Cosmics and the Auction House that makes farming nodes less attractive, especially if you've ranked your Crafting skill to 400.

The Stat mods, Gamblers, Impact and Sentinel cores don't increase evenly at each level. Rank 5 is a good goal for starting endgame and rank 7 is about as high as I like to go. IMHO rank 8 and 9 mods are generally for min/maxers willing to spend a lot for a few extra stats. Better to ignore them unless someone plunks one into the AH for a ridiculously underpriced amount or you have a kazillion End mods you won't use and feel like working toward rank 8 or 9, just cuzz.

If you can, buy some extra safeguard catalysts when they go on sale and wait for a crafting week to get the free +10% chance on fusing.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I still miss the old crafting, i not understand why it could not had been fused with th Fusion and add to it instead of complelty repalce it, sadly to boost sales with those 100% succes and safeguard shop items i guess. As much i love this game for its customization, it is low in a gameplay and presentation like most F2P games, becoming a P2W also mostly. Shows sadly with the whole device and all now, i miss when you could craft those yourself, costumes, devices, travel powers. I was so close to get the legacy Arms Travel Power back then, then it switched and all was for nothing.
    I still don't see the problem with the mods getting their attributes increased on the higher ranks,
    at least keep them a steady +5 on every rank up. Like we've discussed on the Discord, there simply
    isn't a reason to go beyond Rank 6 or even top 7... because the cost is too high and the gain in points
    is way to low.

Crafting the endgame should take a lot of resources, but also should be worth it.
    Right now, it's not worth it, not by a long shot.
    Personally, I did not enjoy the old system. Every time I finished crafting something I had already out leveled it.
    I still miss the old crafting, i not understand why it could not had been fused with th Fusion and add to it instead of complelty repalce it, sadly to boost sales with those 100% succes and safeguard shop items i guess. As much i love this game for its customization, it is low in a gameplay and presentation like most F2P games, becoming a P2W also mostly. Shows sadly with the whole device and all now, i miss when you could craft those yourself, costumes, devices, travel powers. I was so close to get the legacy Arms Travel Power back then, then it switched and all was for nothing.

JwLmWoa.png
    Heh. Then they would just make the content a bit tougher, just so there would be no noticeable difference in final results.
    I still don't see the problem with the mods getting their attributes increased on the higher ranks,
    at least keep them a steady +5 on every rank up. Like we've discussed on the Discord, there simply
    isn't a reason to go beyond Rank 6 or even top 7... because the cost is too high and the gain in points
    is way to low.

Crafting the endgame should take a lot of resources, but also should be worth it.
    Right now, it's not worth it, not by a long shot.
    JwLmWoa.png