test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20200923.14 - Misc Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2020 in PTS - The Archive
Costumes
  • Fixed various issues with the Mechanon legs and arms.

Misc
  • Added Flaming Pumpkin Power Variant device to the debugger store.
  • Change to help with recent lag issues.
  • Fixed an issue where players with both male and female costumes would sometimes have invisible vehicles.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2020
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    can anyone say green goblin?

though, i suppose the headless horseman would be a better comparison - green goblin just had pumpkin-shaped bombs, not actual pumpkins​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Can we get these Devices in the Event Store?
    Mission/Mob drop rates are horribad.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    So those kind of Devices are going to be a regular thing. All right
    They are pretty nice, especially this Pumpkin one, really stands out

If only we had this firing animation as available Emanation point for regular Fireball...

I still would like to see those new Power Variant Devices acting like power replacements visuals for the power they are based on, consider in the past some devices had been changing or screwing up certain powers when equipped​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Upcoming device is a witchy-themed bazooka that fires black cats?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    ok this looks like do a mission 5 times get device or 750 currency one, good thing i saved those drifter salvage
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I really like these new devices. I've been having lots of fun with my Qularr rifle character that I've been leveling up. It can be a fun way to make a themed character feel different and exciting, and they're endgame viable.

I don't know if I'll have a use for this new one, but I'm still trying to get the one from DRA. I'd like to see more of these in the future, though I do prefer them being linked to permanent content like DRA, rather than seasonal things like the Qularr Invasion (and presumably Bloodmoon). They're just a bit too rare to stick in something that's only around for a little while. Even if you farm them dedicatedly, bad RNG can really screw you over, and having to wait a year for that to come back just sucks.

If you're going to link them to seasonal content, at least put them in the trade paperback vendor too or something.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    Will the great exploding Pumpkin be in a store or locked behind complete mission XXX 5 times to unlock.
    I would prefer them be powers not devices, as devices are tied to only one character not so as y7ou could create more than one with a power. Also i see this as a way around people getting powers to make endless characters and a way to get money and limit us at the same time. Devices are cool, but prefer most all devices have a power in the power list that does the same thing and is up grade able. As we have limited slots for devices as it is, and adding more and not expanding the slots is very limiting, also character bound content i do not like at all, which is why i don't do it unless it is costume options.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User

Well the intent is to act like the ol' Power Replacers from way back, that way you can have interesting builds revolving around that one device. Alike how you wouldn't be able to have a random rifle power in Poison tree, or dual pistols for plasma burn. Pumpkin here gets the spot for the unique fx: it's certainly special and meant to be something unique, rather than 'everyone can do it'.

I absolutely get what you mean though and I do agree in part to it, yes.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Oh believe me, no one wants more powers and updates than me. I'm very heartbroken over the lack of powerset reworks and changes this year, though I understand the focus on new content. I look forward to when we can hopefully get some meaningful power updates next year.

However, in my mind, these are different. These are basically duplicate powers with fancy, niche skins that are nice for one or two characters or builds, but it doesn't necessarily make sense to make them separate powers. As Lunny mentioned, they're a callback to ye olde power replacers from back in the day, and as a veteran player, it's really cool to see them come back.

I do wish we could see a way to change a whole powerset to a different effect or damage type like the vintage power replacers did, but having the alpha strike powers and signature moves of each set is an acceptable alternative.
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    Oh believe me, no one wants more powers and updates than me. I'm very heartbroken over the lack of powerset reworks and changes this year, though I understand the focus on new content. I look forward to when we can hopefully get some meaningful power updates next year.

However, in my mind, these are different. These are basically duplicate powers with fancy, niche skins that are nice for one or two characters or builds, but it doesn't necessarily make sense to make them separate powers. As Lunny mentioned, they're a callback to ye olde power replacers from back in the day, and as a veteran player, it's really cool to see them come back.

I do wish we could see a way to change a whole powerset to a different effect or damage type like the vintage power replacers did, but having the alpha strike powers and signature moves of each set is an acceptable alternative.

Ok, well i didn't know anything about power re placers, in that case it does sound interesting just a bit apprehensive of anything that ties to only a specific character. As it good be a way to limit powers in a ways as well and there by free form, but we will see. I remember them saying that this next year will focus on power sets and powers fixing and such so we will see if they keep their word.
    edited October 2020
    Overall I'm very impressed with this device, it has a really nice combination of Visual attacks
    The Pumpkin's expression is random and changes every time you use it
    Added Flaming Pumpkin Power Variant device to the debugger store.

Hmm,
    Bug: The Pumpkin device doesn't create a fire patch for me as the description states
    100% Full charge every time, only the Fear Effect applies

OMIT, didn't notice the Fireball power requirement for this effect

However testing the device without having access to the actual fireball power gave me this
    Bug: The Pumpkin device doesn't have a visible Numberic cooldown timer after use, only the black out rotation

Suggestion: In the future, since those devices are becoming a norm, can we please have the ability to get the Device activation icon show on the powertray like the Flamethrower Device from Whiteout and the Travel power devices
    I'm suggesting this as a quality of life for Gamepad users and theme builders, even if its currently possible to use devices on gamepad with the combination of Right-Direction on D-PAD and A, B, X, Y and L1 buttons, since some devices allow movement during use, it's kinda ankward to hold down the D-PAD and the Analog stick

*Edited for Typos*​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I have to say I'm excited to see this new device. I normally like powers that may be a little more visually agnostic, to apply to various themes, but throwing a flaming pumpkin just has fun written all over it! <3
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    Bug: Partial legs and arms aren't allowing for "none" to be selected for the arms/legs. In the case of arms, it's anything that isn't tights/skin, and for legs, they're just not available period. This is on live as well.

This just happened out of the blue when fixing the Mechanon arms/legs, I believe.
    edited October 2020
    The more I'm thinking about it... yeah I would like to see Pulp Fiction Ray Gun an ACTUAL power and not getting stuck as a device!
    I feel more and more conflicted the more I'm thinking about those new devices, I don't want to see potential powers being stuck as devices only

OK, This REALLY needs to be addressed for the future
    BUG: The Devices' Tooltips are getting cut off on every Resolution
    The Items and Devices preview and tooltips do not scale with your current resolution causing a huge amount of the text to get cut off screen

@ 1280 x 720 (both in full and windowed mode which I play) the Devices' description cuts off and
    @ 1440 x 900 is almost full but still cuts tooltip Description
    @ 1680 x 1050 + the Descriptions are fully visible

Here is a picture to demostrate how wonky the UI is on different resolution, I'm losing a huge amount of information because of this!
    FAPQLHG.png

Could you please on a future update address this issue? If you are going to add more Power Variant Devices!
    Perhaps expand the Tooltip horizontally and adding the Preview Image and Battle tooltip left and right of each other​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    Bug:[Qularr Toxic Rifle] + [Pulp Fiction Ray Gun] Equipped together
    Using the Pulp Fiction Ray Gun puts the Qularr Toxic Rifle automatically on an incredible long Cooldown!
    In fact every time Pulp Fiction Ray Gun is being used it adds 15 seconds CD on Qularr Toxic Rifle

==GIF==
    PK7wbdO.gif​​
  • ragnakingragnaking Posts: 73 Arc User
    I have always had that UI issue, so larger texts in the UI when you go to look at them (like this Pumpkin Device is) I can't see, and there is no way to actually check them proper.
This discussion has been closed.