test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/24/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2020 in Release Notes
11th Anniversary Week 4
  • Mechanon joins the fight this week!
  • Added the following costume items to the event store: Retro Mechanon Shoulders, Collar, Limbs, Hands, Chestwear. Casual Hoodie, Casual Shorts.
  • The weekly store has...Foxbatcon items?
  • The 3rd week store will also be available this week due to an issue last week.
  • Added new perks for dancing at Foxbat's concert. These perks will grant the once available Unusual Dance and Flex Pose emotes.
  • Witchcraft returns for a week of double xp!
  • Players can claim a free vehicle and gear in the ZEN store this week.
  • New Mission: Complete the Mechanon Menace mission 5 times. Gives the Retro Mechanon Helmet costume.
  • Super duper fixed Razzle Dazzle costume transform unlock.

Qularr Invasion Simulation
  • Added a way to obtain the Key to the City perk in the alert.
  • Fixed a bug where Black Talon's Tanglecoil ability did not apply hold resistance.

Defender's National Training Program
  • This event is over, the vendor will stick around for one week. Tokens from this event do not carry over to the next event.

ZEN Store
  • The Mecha Claw Keypack is making a return appearance and will be available until Monday, 10am.

Questionite
  • The Trade Paperback event will be running until Monday, 10am. The vendor can be found in the Vehicle building.
  • The Cosmic Cape costume can be purchased this week in the Trade Paperback store for a Green Voucher.
  • Added various costumes from the Anniversary and Bloodmoon events to the Trade Paperback stores.

Destroids Rise Again
  • The Pulp Fiction Ray Gun device has a chance to drop from this open mission. This device scales differently based on the rank of your Two Gun Mojo power.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I want to post but this forum is ****, it not scrolls down to the post button if text is to long.

Edit: Worked after fiddling around. But seriously the forum needs updates.
    11th Anniversary Week 4
      Defender's National Training Program
      • This event is over, the vendor will stick around for one week. Tokens from this event do not carry over to the next event.
      ​​

This bothers me personally, since the vendor keeps adding new things to it, it will get harder and harder to get those if you start new on those, this feels like some bad scheme to sell those levle 30 store items and level up items.

On top of doing this with double XP gone then brign it back when it is over, this is no anniversary, this is a sell out, we already barely get content compared to STO or NWO, but it is nice to see how we still get milked.

If i would not love this game for its customization i would had left years ago, i bought Lifetime back then yet it feels worthless, the 500 Zen each month barely even covers things like those overpriced 20x Keys pack plus costume, which i only want often for the costume itself. And don't get me started on the whole lockboxes costume in pieces instead of sets, it gets hard to geta overview of what you have or not on top.

If we ever get a real update maybe a AH one with the option to hide owned costume pieces? Maybe? But who i am talkign to anyway.

Without offense to you but you selled yourself out as you joined them as official mod Kaiserin, you used to show a lot of things before now you only repeat what you get told to say like some parrot, sorry, no offense again, but this feels like it for me over the years i seeing this.
    • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
      I have been informed Vanilla is working on fixing that. A workaround is using tab to get down to the post button.​​
    • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
      *insults* no offense lol
    • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
      edited September 2020
      My god, people.

Maybe the 'scroll down bug' gives one a second change to think what to write?
      :#
      No offense.
      CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
      And playing by myself since Aug 2009
      Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
      tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
      Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
      edited September 2020
      *insults* no offense lol

I am simply direct or else i not get heard out also, if i just praise for everything it will get moved aside because no one needs to worry about it if all seems ok right? I am probably just having a bad day overall simply and my wording is not nice and is insutling yes, but i excuse myself also with it. I am very sorry.

I simply not want people ot take it personal even if it is directed at them, this are simply my feelings about all lately, considering i rarely write on the forum here on top normally, but today i wanted to share my feeligns about this all simply.

It is called having opinions, yet people act alreay like i called her some swear words or so.

I rather stay honest and harsh to make a point then trying to work around it, because let us be honest, such comments stick out more, like it or not. I hate doing such but this is how the world works, calling out bullshit in harsh ways or else no one will look at it at all.
    • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
      Fortunately, I have no interest in the things in the Defender Program. Let's just hope they never put something valuable in that store.

Also, remember that if someone is at, or reaches, max character limit, the only way they will be able to get rewards from that event in the future is by deleting an old character.
      JwLmWoa.png
      Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
      Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
      Any update on how past event costume pieces will be handled such as the Lance Weapon? I don't really mind it returning under any form (Z store, Q store, GCR etc...) but please add it somewhere.
    • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
      This bothers me personally, since the vendor keeps adding new things to it, it will get harder and harder to get those if you start new on those, this feels like some bad scheme to sell those levle 30 store items and level up items.
      Defender's training has always been a scheme to sell level-up packs, but since tokens are character bound it's not like being able to save tokens between events does you any good in the first place, the only situation in which you might want to save tokens between events is if you acquire more tokens than you can spend, or you want to wait until the next event to see if there's something better than what this event offers.
      edited September 2020
      Or until January 1st when all the Event Tokens are "deleted".
      edited September 2020
      Defender's training has always been a scheme to sell level-up packs, but since tokens are character bound it's not like being able to save tokens between events does you any good in the first place, the only situation in which you might want to save tokens between events is if you acquire more tokens than you can spend, or you want to wait until the next event to see if there's something better than what this event offers.

I am aware of that but also as it was said, it will reach a point where it will be problematic.
      jaazaniah1 wrote: »
      Fortunately, I have no interest in the things in the Defender Program. Let's just hope they never put something valuable in that store.

Also, remember that if someone is at, or reaches, max character limit, the only way they will be able to get rewards from that event in the future is by deleting an old character.
    • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
      edited September 2020
      I think it was just added with this patch (maybe it was earlier and I missed the patch notes), but the event costume exchange titles previously available from Toymaster- Lovely, Tip of the Hat, Party Gift, Twinkle, Dressed for Success, and Sparkly- can now be found on the Exchange Vendor in the recognition building.

However, a lot of the items you need to exchange for these titles have been moved out of anniversary gifts and to the Trade Paperback Vendor. You CANNOT purchase these items if you've already unlocked the costumes, so these titles are effectively unavailable unless you had a bunch of sparkly costume unlocks stockpiled from earlier years.
      Post edited by hallsofwalls on
    • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
      Time to dump millions of Questionite, finally. I'm pretty sure it's been about 5 months since the last paperback week. Please consider doing them more regularly, or at least adding something new to the questioning store. :c

I don't mind DTP, even if it's a scheme for selling level up packs. It gives me a reason to level up new characters again since they got rid of additional character slots.

Also, please don't be crass with the devs. As much as you might think they're "sellouts and parrots," no one likes coming online and seeing something like that said. Keep your feedback constructive.
    • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
      edited September 2020
      News on the main website has the following for the Mecha Claws box:

"…Starting September 24th at 10am PT until September 24th at 10am PT…"

I know you guys are busy, but perhaps Ambassador Kael could correct that to show next Monday's date for the second half of that?

As for posting, I do indeed see how the posting box extends, but the page doesn't resize to allow the buttons to be clicked. I can see that as being very annoying. One idea, which I am literally using as I type this sentence, is to post your message early, before the page scrolls down too far for you to see the buttons, and then refresh the page and edit your post. Then you get to post with a lot more space to fill out before you run out. Just remember to hit that [Save Comment] button when you're done!
      3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
    • ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
      I had noticed the 'cannot scroll down to Post Button' bug.
      Nice to know they are working on it.
      I will try the TAB workaround until then.

I do hope that at some time they add/extend/ allow more max character slots somehow again. I am a casual player, and do not have 140 toons. Yet. BUT I love creating characters and costumes and concepts and builds as much if not more than I enjoy playing them. And I am sure I'm closer to 140 than I realize. It would be nice to not have to delete old toons just to try out something new. If it is a storage system issue, which I would understand even though it is frustrating, Is there a way to enlarge to system? There are still people who supposedly over 400 toons still playing. I can opnly dream of having emough time to make/play that many, but its a nice dream. :)
      perhaps we can have ALL of our toons, (140+)but have 'active' ones, and keep our 'inactive' ones in a storage vault? Then we can trade out a toon we are not using very much for one we wish to use currently? Just a thought.
    • hixtomhixtom Posts: 6 Arc User
      Is the third color on the Retro Mechanon ChestChestwear supposed to bleed over into color 2?
    • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
      Added the following costume items to the event store: ...Retro Mechanon Chestwear ...
      NOW THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!
      That's the Good Stuff! I love it tiger-25.gif
      Super duper fixed Razzle Dazzle costume transform unlock.
      onion-22.gif​​
      POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
      11th Anniversary Week 4
      Qularr Invasion Simulation
      • Added a way to obtain the Key to the City perk in the alert.

Does this have anything to do with the old "Key to the City" items from the old tutorial that are stuck in banks?

I think I have Foxbat IOU's that are stuck too...
    • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
      You can place the key in your bank into your mission item tab.
    • ragnakingragnaking Posts: 73 Arc User
      edited September 2020
      Posting it here for clarity, but found a bug with the Retro Mechanon limbs.

At least for me, while they will show up in Robotics - Legs, they will not show up in Partial - Legs unlike what it says when you look them up in the tailor search function. Looking for the arms on a female in partial shows they are not in the selection, you have to look them up to even put them on in the search section. The legs are there in robotics for both but is not there at all for Partial.

Edit: Just found out while looking at some other chest options in the robotics - arms, the arms don't show up for all options ether. Having the toxic steel chest on takes the retro mechanon arms off and hides them. I figure this is the same for many other options. Not to nitpick but, it really feels like if you guys should of just made the limbs into a proper tights set instead of putting them in the often neglected robotic arms/legs and partial arms/legs sections. But, that is admittedly a nitpick.

While looking at the set on the PTS servers I noticed something (besides the same bugs I mentioned that I found in live) that our full Retro Mechanon set is missing one key piece...
      unknown-3.png

We're missing the cables that fill in the hip gear area. There is no extra options to access them, and looking closely the legs are also on the robotics (partial would have larger attachment points for the legs to connect to) for the hip the legs, so this isn't a Tights deal. I am guessing the cables were meant to be a extra option with the hip gear but was forgotten about, or, it's meant to be some weird thing only for Retro Mechanon himself (similar to how Modern mechanon's entire torso/hip pieces are exclusive to him alone.)
      Post edited by ragnaking on
    • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
      There's something off about the QI drop table. It's probably too late to fix it for this year, but I'm approaching 100 total runs (across several characters), but this should be looked at. (I also feel like i'm in half of all QI runs that happen).

-I've seen more Qularr Toxic Rifle devices (a gold drop) than i've gotten total costume pieces (purple drops). That just seems wrong. Maybe I'm just stupid lucky and am getting all the toxic rifles that drop, but that seems unlikely.
      -I haven't seen anyone get Alien Organic Heavy 1. Never seen it linked in chat. Never seen it on the AH. Never even seen anyone who claims to have gotten it. I know another player is also aggressively advertising his desire to buy it and hasn't gotten any sellers yet either. Does this even drop?
      Are Toh-Kah and Ray-Zar meant to share same cooldown? When one goes on cooldown other does also. So you can't use them one after another.
      :/
    • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
      It’s one sidekick at a time thing
    • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
      It’s one sidekick at a time thing

Please re-read FlyingFinns' post.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
      "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
      How do we report problem players that troll events?
    • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
      edited October 2020
      :'(
      Post edited by n8mcd on
    • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
      edited October 2020
      guyhumual wrote: »
      How do we report problem players that troll events?

Open the report system in-game with H and report. Use the "Behaviour" tab and title it "Player Trolling Current Event".

Explain concisely what happened/is happening and make sure you put their @handle.

zrdRBy8.png
      Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods