test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniveresy aura bound to account?

So I just brought the rainbow brilliant aura and I had hopes of trading it at the auction house only to find out that it's been bound to my account instead. I was browsing the same aura in the auction house and I saw that other people were able to post theirs for sale meanwhile I can't. Can someone please explain how is this possible?

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Stuff bought from the event vendor is Bind on Pick Up because the devs are like that. Some auras and other stuff happen as drops from fights and those are Bind on Equip. So, it's caveat emptor. You need to read very carefully what each items says in its description about binding. E.g. if you want an anniversary event vehicle for a specific character you need to grind the currency on that character.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    They need to do like they are doing with Emotes and transforms

Buy X and unlock on all toon.
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Stuff bought from the event vendor is Bind on Pick Up because the devs are like that.
    (My emphasis added)

Will people STOP blaming the developers for decisions that the bean-counters that pay their salaries make?

I'm quite certain that the devs did not want to make such changes, but Bind on Pick Up IS a change that has been made, and is unlikely ever to be reversed.

Jaazaniah IS correct about reading the text on things CAREFULLY though. Almost everything event-based will be character-specific, and remember that any annual event currency will be basically useless once the event vendor is gone. Spend those last few favors, tokens, gears, etc., on mods and stuff, because on January 1, they'll all be gone.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    As stated: Pretty much all of the things you buy from the event vendors is bound, either to the character buying it or to the account.

However, most events do have its store items available as drops/mission rewards from the event things.

Run the Defend Champs HQ mission and you might get a "Backup" device, retro or otherwise, or you might get a costume piece to drop, for example.

If you saw an event aura for sale that may have been the source.
    Post edited by mithrosnomore on