test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SB Bleed dps build

nafeariannafearian Posts: 48 Arc User
Greetings, looking for help with revamping an old character. Any power alterations, ways to build bleed stacks faster, best passive recommendation between Unstoppable, WoTW and NW or anything else that comes to mind - advice would be appreciated!

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&n=SB Bleed Build&d=12170u29EKac000000D000D105DM00K503JB03DO0GB800DU03ON01DQ09LB03LC000000DX030mZg2MGB11KW10000000000&e=

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Well, there's this, which Flow posted a few days ago
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1215342/sb-dps
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    This is the post I was using as a basis for the build - it's built for a very different purpose though, I was planning on going for pure DPS whereas that build had survivability as a main priority
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Well, the OP in that other thread seemed to want more of a sturdy Hybrid-dps, while this seems to be more of a conventional glass-cannon dps build.

The SB dps build here looks mostly okay, though I'd prob trade FotTempest for FotS as the toggle/form (more reliable for a bleed build), use the melee dps role, and maybe get R2 of Dragon's Bite. You could also trade Str SS for Con SS here, if you want to be a bit more survivable. As for the slotted passive: the three listed are all fine for SB dps (could also consider Pestilence, since it's all Slashing dmg), so it'll somewhat depend on what extra effects you want (Sneak_SStrike, knock resist and a small dmg shield, higher dodge/avoid, etc).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Okay so, I tried out a number of things and here's what I've left the PH with: https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&n=&d=12170u9EKac2000000D000D10bDM00DF03K503DA00DU03CJ09JE08ON00NH05JB03DD00DX030mZg2MGB11KW10000000000&e=

Took the FoTS as suggested and Unstoppable for the small shield + knock and hold resist. Picked up deflect as it makes keeping up my bleed stacks easier. Also swapped out Crimson Blood for lacerating cyclone for mob gathering - still getting shielding from rampant on mighty leap. Dragon's claws seemed superior to dragon bite and both apply dragon rush. Only thing I'm wondering now is whether I'd be better off with Dex or Strength PSS.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Maybe an AoE stun (e.g. Tornado Slash or Thunder Clap) instead of Intensity?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    I did want to try and squeeze Tornado Slash in there but I don't have any points to upgrade it, I figured intensity would be better at base level than TS unupgraded :disappointed:
  • Options
    Well, a R1 AO won't like Intensity add that much to a dps build as is, so I'd say you're fine w/ making a substitution like that- even if it's just for R1 Tornado Slash.

Lacerating Cyclone w/ Vortex, while good for rounding up mobs, also won't work w/ Steadfast. Depending on how much you use it that may or may not be a big deal, though (it could work w/ other EUs, like Relentless or Wild Thing).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    Okay so, you were right on the Cyclone, didn't notice until you mentioned it but I was having energy issues most fights I used it unless there was an AoPM nearby. I've got my gear in better order including putting a Jack Fools core mod into my helm so I'm trying to focus the build back onto solely SB where possible. I'd like to R3 RC because I'm spending a lot of time spamming it to build bleed so there's a lot of wasted dmg potential there I think. Are there any powers that can quickly apply shredded in the MA tree? Something like a grenade with cuts and scrapes equivalent?

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&n=&d=12170u000000000000L000D103DF03DM00DA00K503ON00DU03JE08DR01DO0H0000JB03DX030n8W0iiQ2MnE10000000000&e=
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Nah, outside of maybe FC's Ult and the Will of the Tiger Cub device (which have cds), there aren't any ranged or fast appliers of Shredded (Barbed Chain is pseudo-ranged at 25ft). You could put up Shredded w/ another combo, though. Things like tapped Scything Blade w/ Messy adv can also refresh the debuff a bit (or just use the other combo again). Using a diff combo may slow down the bleed build-up, though, so I'm not sure how much it's worthwhile, but I suppose it's something you could parse out. Maybe Slash (w/ adv) is the best fit there, since it's also in SB and can also Bleed.
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback :) I'll post the last build link here in case anyone is interested. It's a little charge up heavy for my liking but I've left some of the powers I was less sure off at the top so I can always change them if I find they're not working out so well. I found I was getting similar numbers with NW as Unstoppable, so I decided to go for it instead for the SS bonus. Maybe if I can get one of the devices to apply shredded I'll revisit the build as I ended up just taking the adv on RC - it didn't seem like it would be worth the trouble of unsettling everything else just to take the RNK3. Thanks again for the help guys!

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&n=&d=12170u000000000000L000D105DF03DM00DA00K503ON00DU03JE08DR00DO0HC60aCC03DX030n8W0iiQ2MnE10000000000&e=
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, R2 Slash w/ Shredded adv is prob the best option for you atm if you want to use RCaress at R3, but it's up to you, as that would also take another power slot and slow down the rate of bleeds (not by too much, though, since Slash's bleed rate is still okay- just not as high as RC's w/ a Focus toggle). You should still be doing good dps w/ the build, either way.

Have fun out there 8)