test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/17/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2020 in Release Notes
Anniversary
  • Week 3 of the Anniversary!
  • Mega Destroids are rampaging at the Champions building!
  • You can claim a free Fire Hair Pack in the ZEN store.
  • Added Retro Mechanon: Bracers, Arm Accessories, Hips Layer, Kneepads and Boots to the event store.
  • The weekly event store features Hideouts this week!
  • New Mission: Complete the Destroid Destruction mission 5 times. Rewards the Retro Dr. Destroyer's Tights costume.
  • Fixed a bug where Glitterbomb, Surprise Gift and Razzle Dazzle perks were not properly unlocking.

Qularr Invasion Alert
  • Added Headmistress Rowan contact in the Rencen for the event.
  • Fixed a bug where some of the Qularr weapon unlocks were missing tooltips.
  • New Key to the City perk.

Alert Bonus Week
  • The Alert Bonus event will be running this week.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the male Blockbuster leg accessories was missing various materials.
  • Tooltip fix for Cleave to state the last hit does split fire and crushing damage.
​​

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Hi-Tech Cave seems to be missing from the Event Store. Will it be added?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    No other hideouts will be added.

Known Issue: The weekly store is not accepting current event currency. We'll have this fixed next week (and extend the store a week).​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Week 3 of the Anniversary!
    The Launcher Banner says otherwise and it's wrong ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
    RgtAr7I.png
    ONE JOB!

Really nice new Dr. Destroyer artwork, kudos to the Artist
    New Mission: Complete the Destroid Destruction mission 5 times. Rewards the Retro Dr. Destroyer's Tights costume.
    :grey_question::grey_question::grey_question:
    dHfJ469.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    These typos are going from laughable to just...sad
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Few questions:

1) Where can we get Key to The City Perk? I don't see it on the perk list. (How to Achieve would also be useful please)

2) News article posted refers to a Retro Destroyer Action Figure in Q Store. There isn't a tab for this, will this be added later or?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Weekly Store is broken.
    Shows old Anniversary Event Currency?

tenor.gif?itemid=16070760
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Weekly Store is broken.

Read devs entry above
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Progress on "Retro Destroyer's Bracers" quest got reset. I went from 4/5 to 0/5 today.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    Weekly Store is broken.

Read devs entry above
    i did. After i posted. :#
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Was going to post this in PTS notes but there weren't any for this week.

Just curious, would it be at all possible to allow the option for the qularr poison rifle device to use your existing assault rifle skin, or is that beyond the limitations of devices? Knowing how old power replacers used to work, I wouldn't imagine so. But it would be really cool to be able to use it with characters that don't match the qularr colors and style.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    The default weapon for the device is the qularr one, but if you have a assault rifle weapon picked out in the tailor it will use that skin already.​​
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Oh wow, awesome! Should've tested on the PTS before asking.

Thanks for the confirmation!
  • nightr0dnightr0d Posts: 450 Arc User
    vonqball wrote: »
    Progress on "Retro Destroyer's Bracers" quest got reset. I went from 4/5 to 0/5 today.

Same thing happend to me. I guess I'll have to redo things which kinda sucks. Hope this does not happen again.
  • kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    vonqball wrote: »

God dammit. :/​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

edited September 2020
    Fixed a bug where Glitterbomb, Surprise Gift and Razzle Dazzle perks were not properly unlocking.
    BUG: Razzle Dazzle - Splendid still doesn't unlock the Transformation account wide

I made a new character to get the Perk, did some log in-out and still not account unlock :dizzy:

Glitterbomb and Surprise Gift unlock perfectly now :+1:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited September 2020
    Tooltip fix for Cleave to state the last hit does split fire and crushing damage.
    Still the slowerst and worst Combo power

Please update the Description tooltip for the Defensive stance ADV of Cleave, it has an undocumented secondary effect of applying AEGIS buff on yourself if you are not using Defiance

A lot of people don't even know about that and it's been ingame since Might revamp, complety ditching Cleave

It would be really nice if you could give Mighty Kick - MADNESS?! Adv the Aegis secondary effect for non-Defiance users as well​​
    No other hideouts will be added.

Known Issue: The weekly store is not accepting current event currency. We'll have this fixed next week (and extend the store a week).​​

I've been away from CO for a while so this might be a dumb question but how are event mission costume rewards treated? For example Dr. Destroyer Bracers that are part of this event (as a mission reward), will they be part of the event store next year or will they go into GCR/Q/Drifter/Collectors/Paperback/ etc. ?
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    nightr0d wrote: »
    I've been away from CO for a while so this might be a dumb question but how are event mission costume rewards treated? For example Dr. Destroyer Bracers that are part of this event (as a mission reward), will they be part of the event store next year or will they go into GCR/Q/Drifter/Collectors/Paperback/ etc. ?

It's still a relatively new thing as of this year, so we're not entirely sure yet. So far for the events that ran multiple times this year, the answer seems to be "you just can't get them." My guess/hope is they'll eventually be added to the event stores, though!
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Anyone figured out how to get the Key to the City perk yet? (Besides having retained the Key to the City item from ages ago).

Also
    BUG: QI alert: BT's hold doesn't create hold resist stacks and ignores hold resist stacks you have.
    edited September 2020

It's still a relatively new thing as of this year, so we're not entirely sure yet. So far for the events that ran multiple times this year, the answer seems to be "you just can't get them." My guess/hope is they'll eventually be added to the event stores, though!

So there is no real "official" statement on how this will be handled? I really don't want to bring my hopes up to then be crushed. I would reason that it would be a waste of dev time to create something for a limited time and then not have it available through some means (usually grind or zen). Nevertheless, it's not like I really know for sure. I wish they gave an answer.
    edited September 2020
    Isn't the Paperback Vendor current dumpsite of moved stuff?
    I think they'll remove the prior year stuff and keep the current Anniversary stuff for the next year.
    The devs don't like giving players the ability to plan for the future. The idea is to deny information to keep players logging in to check what's going on. Of course the down side to that strategy is that players may just decide it is not worth the time to check in.

So there is no real "official" statement on how this will be handled? I really don't want to bring my hopes up to then be crushed. I would reason that it would be a waste of dev time to create something for a limited time and then not have it available through some means (usually grind or zen). Nevertheless, it's not like I really know for sure. I wish they gave an answer.

JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The devs don't like giving players the ability to plan for the future. The idea is to deny information to keep players logging in to check what's going on. Of course the down side to that strategy is that players may just decide it is not worth the time to check in.

So what you are saying is that there won't be any official response to this and we just sit here in limbo waiting for something that might or might not happen.
    You got it.
    So what you are saying is that there won't be any official response to this and we just sit here in limbo waiting for something that might or might not happen.

JwLmWoa.png