test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ironclad the Bullet

I couldn't quite figure where to post this question. In redoing the Qulaar invasion again I got to wondering, again, about why Ironclad had to be loaded into the shell that took down the mothership? Does he give off some strange energy that knocked out the ship, or did he simply break out and go crazy attacking the Qulaar? Is this explained anywhere?
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I couldn't quite figure where to post this question. In redoing the Qulaar invasion again I got to wondering, again, about why Ironclad had to be loaded into the shell that took down the mothership? Does he give off some strange energy that knocked out the ship, or did he simply break out and go crazy attacking the Qulaar? Is this explained anywhere?
    I assume the latter (why Ironclad instead of some other hero? Probably because he's tough enough to survive the trip).
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

There is an UNITY Special Mission which allows you to visit the downed mothership, in it you see Ironclad's shell embedded somewhere in the ship.

You can safely assume he hopped out and went nuts on the Qularr. Also, I think Defender states that it is Ironclad's hyper velocity shell, not entirely sure why he'd have one but...that could be part of the reason as well.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    The only relevant entry I could find in the PnP books is in Champions Beyond, which details the sapient inhabitants of the Milky Way Galaxy and their present and past interactions with Earth. This is from p. 17: "The turning point in the war came when the Champions, with the aid of numerous independent superheroes, used a “cannon” to fire Ironclad at the enormous Qularr “mother ship” hovering over Millennium City. The impact, and Ironclad’s subsequent rampage through the vessel, caused it to crash into Lake St. Clair."
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Thanks! That clears it up. I wish the missions actually explained somewhere that that was the plan.

I guess those Qulaar are pretty terrible close quarter fighters if one Malvan gladiator can take down the whole ship ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • well, when a wet-behind-the-ears superhero just out of the academy with nary to their name but a single peashooter and a slightly more powerful peashooter that takes up your body's entire supply of energy in two shots and not even a single travel power aside from the ancient obsolete mk 1 shoe can rampage through hundreds of qularr groundside...ironclad should have an even easier time​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    "One Malvan gladiator" is actually a pretty big deal, considering that Malva recruits super-powered fighters from across the galaxy, and sometimes augments them or even creates new supers; and by definition, they're trained to be skilled combatants. Also remember the example of Thermopylae: superior numbers don't help if the fighting space is too narrow to deploy them. Plus, Ironclad would undoubtedly have spent some of his time wrecking the unresisting equipment aboard the ship.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I just noticed there were several other shells around the big gun. Maybe they had a backup plan to shoot some other heroes up there. For 12th anniversary 5 heroes get shot into the mother ship to help out Ironclad!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Kind of a five-gun salute to the Twelfth? ;)