test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gadroons Lore

Tried doing a search to see if there was already a thread on this, but couldn't find anything.

Curious what the story is behind these alien frogs.

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    I think I should bump up The Alien Thread, which I created here several years ago as a resource for folks looking for alien character inspiration. It does have general utility IMHO. You'll find info about the Gadroon on the fourth post in that thread. If you want to know more, feel free to post followups. :)
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I guess my only question now, after reading that, is can the Gadroon become physically stronger?
    Like, if a Gadroon didn't have his technology, and was forced to survive on his own, could he become a physical threat. Maybe even strong enough to be a gladiator in the Malvan games?
    edited September 2020
    There are a few answers to that. The Gadroon soldier named Pruglor was chosen by the Gadroon high command to become an inspirational symbol to his people. He was conditioned to the peak of Gadroon physical perfection; intensively trained in a range of armed and unarmed combat, tactics, and military technical skills; and given the code-name Commander. (Yes, he's the Gadroon Captain America.) ;) By his published game stats in Champions Beyond, even unarmed Commander could hold his own in hand-to-hand combat against some true superhumans.

The Gadroon also sometimes implant devices into the bodies of a special class of soldier they call Adjudicators, granting them genuine superhuman strength. That tech should still function if they're stripped of all external weapons. Finally, the Malvans have been known on multiple occasions to grant super powers, particularly augmented strength and toughness, to gladiators without such powers who have gained the favor of the fans, so they can fight at the more exciting superhuman level. Those gladiators can be of any race, not just Malvans.
    Post edited by bulgarex on
    This helps me out immensely, thank you!
    Another question. I don't think I've seen a specifically named Gadroon in-game. Do they have any kind of naming convention they follow?
    edited September 2020
    Well, besides Pruglor, above, the only other individual named Gadroon I could find in Champions Beyond is another of their super-class operatives, code-named "Sky-Knight," whose real name is Rongeep. Family names aren't given, so one must assume aren't used. However, together with the Gadroon names Steve Long created for places and things, which I'll list below, they suggest the language is meant to evoke batrachian croaking. ;)

The Gadroon home world was named Gadro. Notable historical polities on Gadro included the Kro'ang Empire, the To'lak Union, and the nations of Emlek and Hwuldep. The gravity-powered arm shields you see some Gadroon soldiers wearing are called triglepa (triglep singular). Their warships include medium-size Druqo-class, and the heavy Scoba-class.

Their most popular religious traditions are named, the Pellom Mysteries, Bordegism, Lauckta, and Ranamogtu.
    Ok, I think I get how it works. Thanks!