test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release notes 9/10/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2020 in Release Notes
Qularr Invasion Simulation Alert
  • New alert! This alert will be running during the Anniversary.
  • This alert takes you to a more difficult version of the Qularr Invasion simulation.
  • To skip cutscenes talk with Plato at the start. 3/5 players must agree to skip them.
  • Added new daily mission to Headmistress Rowan. This mission can be obtained within the alert.
  • Added new perks and hidden tasks.
  • Updated Qularr Hive, Qularr Mine and Qularr Mutagen temporary devices to stack to 10.

Added the following as potential rewards:
  • Alien Organic Rifle 1, Rifle 2, Rifle 3, Pistol 1, Pistol 2, Heavy 1 weapon skins.

Qularr Toxic Rifle Device
  • This device has different values depending on if you own the Assault Rifle power or not.
  • This device has its own values unique from Assault Rifle, but will scale depending on the rank of your assault rifle power.
  • Advantages do not affect this device in any way.

Anniversary
Week 2!
  • Reduced Save Reggies Friends missions requirement to 5.
  • Fixed an issue where some party bomb devices were not working for related perks.
  • Added the following costumes to the event store: Retro Dr. Destroyer Shoulders, Belt and Greaves.
  • New Mission: Complete the Destroyer's Plan mission 5 times. Gives the Retro Dr. Destroyer Bracers costume. This mission can be found on Drifter.
  • The weekly event store features a variety of Archetypes.
  • You can claim a free Virtual costume set in the ZEN store this week!

Defender Training Event
This event will be running for the next 2 weeks! Get a brand new character to 40 and get cool stuff! The character must be newly made to count! It does not matter how you get to 40.
  • Added Retro Dr. Destroyer Helmet to the event store.
  • Added Weight Lift emote to the event store.
  • You've Got the Touch title rewarded for completing the event this time around.

Misc
  • Increased character cap to 125 (from 120).
  • Removed change body type button from the Nemesis creator to address issues it was causing.
  • Fixed an issue where Phonebooth and Energy Burst costume transformation were not unlocking if you obtained the perk.
​​

Comments

• mawaynemawayne Posts: 82 Arc User
    If a character had any unspent DNTP tokens in inventory (from the last time the event ran), were they removed? I had a character with one and now it's gone. Not sure if that's a bug or intended.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I have to say DTP is not my favorite. Also cats dropped to 5. Don't make us lazy. 😅
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Tokens do not carry over between DNTP events.

known Issue: Skipping cutscenes is currently causing issues in the Qularr Invasion Simulation alert. We are looking into it.​​
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    Hmm, maybe it's just me but the random disconnects from last week seem to have returned to this event as well
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Thumbs up for the people who like to skip the cutscene in the new Qulaar Alert... :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    Thank you for decreasing the cats.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Drop table for QI seems wrong. At least, I don't think Whistling Aura and Whistle Emote should be dropping from it, and they are.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Maybe we have the High Noon award table atm?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    About the leftover tokens not carrying over, I know it's probably too late for this run but would it possible to add something else at the 1 token level for folks who've maxxed out their costume slots and already have the exclusive costumes?
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    About the leftover tokens not carrying over, I know it's probably too late for this run but would it possible to add something else at the 1 token level for folks who've maxxed out their costume slots and already have the exclusive costumes?

THIS!

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    I thought the cat changes was that we would only have to do 5 runs for the new sidekick/perk. Rather disappointing that it is just dropping the number of cats to 5 for the individual quest. Honestly 5 cats or 9 cats doesn't make that much of a difference. (other then to mess up Aesica's maps.) Still have to run the mission 15 times for the perk/pet. Now I am forced to decide, do i continue spending a 1 hr a day to run the missions on the 5 alts I was doing, or am i better off using that time for the Defender training event.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Yeah, it's a pretty crappy thing to do to remove those tokens the day of. I had it sitting in my inventory and then you patched it away.

Why? It's not like it's some event currency that I can max out repeatedly. If you plan to cancel all currency for the hell of it, then at least allow up to spend them or a warning would be nice.

It say there for a whole year.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I away of all the updates and hoping the bugs will clear out soon. If not just extended the event a few days while the vender is still up.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    do i continue spending a 1 hr a day to run the missions on the 5 alts I was doing

I did 3 alts in about 6 minutes which is realistic if you are getting the same cats on each alt.

5 alts will only take 20 minutes max.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I'm actually enjoying the Qulaar Invasion revisit. To me, this is the way fighting mooks should be. Sort of a running fight in an open world environment. Only weird thing is that the bugs don't pay heroes much attention when players are getting the crates, unless you are standing right next to Qulaar, that is.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    Resetting currency is a cheap way of sticking it to those who build it up and grind to get extra so they can do other things the next year or when ever nothing looks interesting saving it for the next time. I find it a slap in the face, as if you say you can only grind for what we want you to and those items have very high costs that take for ever to get if you don't do the grinding. Honestly locking things behind walls like this is why i don't do those events and end game stuff, to get level 40 gear you have to be that level to get it and use it to face the things you need it for to use it.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    I thought all currencies reset at the end of the year? Why would the training currency have reset? this event runs twice a year and we haven't had a year between the two events. I think resetting the currency in the first place is stupid but if you're going to create these stupid conditions you should at least have a little consistency.
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Tokens do not carry over between DNTP events.

I still feel burned from the last event when they made this the policy. As an LTS who had all the gold store unlocks already, and had over the course of years maxed out the tailor slots, I lost out on DNTP points I had earned because last time the offerings were priced such that I couldn't use all my points.

So let's renew the question: why?! What possible good outcome can there be from doing it this way? I used to work in marketing and analytics and can understand the business case for even the most crass nickel and diming in some cases, but this makes no objective sense at all.

• vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Is the Toxic Rifle device a random drop as well?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    The weekly event store features a variety of Archetypes.
    The Wrecker AT is now available! Awesome, I'm actually collecting ATs from events and using them for Defender leveling program just for fun and test certain character projects for future
    Added the following costumes to the event store: Retro Dr. Destroyer Shoulders, Belt and Greaves.
    EEEEH... 400 Event Tokens for the Retro Destroyer Belt is very overpriced for the size of the costume
    I do like however that unlocks for Belt Accessories category which propably makes up for it?
    Fixed an issue where some party bomb devices were not working for related perks.
    THANK YOU! I can finally get the DJ perk :grin:
    Reduced Save Reggies Friends missions requirement to 5.
    A surprise change but a welcome one :grin:
    This makes the mission less obnoxious to deal with and reduces the irritating side effects and Jankiness (Specific cats refusing to respawn unless you destroy objects and defeat enemies around them or simply change zone, going back and forth e.t.c)

Yet... there are certain people ingame who expressed the mission shouldn't have been reduced and everyone who complained about it before for the monotonous chore and Bugginess is a "Snowflake".... W H A T?
    I guess having the mentality that the entire game needs to be challenging means we have to put up with the obnoxious and junky search-and-find X amount of things dailies

The only thing that this may affect negatively is the perk for finding the MAX number of Cats for the Final Perk-Title
    Fixed an issue where Phonebooth and Energy Burst costume transformation were not unlocking if you obtained the perk.
    Are the account wide unlock perks for Gift, Glitter Bomb and Razzle Dazzle being looked up?
    They are still bugged and don't grand their respective transformations account wide​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Yet... there are certain people ingame who expressed the mission shouldn't have been reduced and everyone who complained about it before for the monotonous chore and Bugginess is a "Snowflake".... W H A T?
    7303510f7883bb20ccabd4e97fc97d77.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    I have to say DTP is not my favorite. Also cats dropped to 5. Don't make us lazy. 😅

Yeah, I was OK with the higher cat count. They just needed faster respawns.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I'm pretty happy with the reduced cat requirement. If they won't/can't fix the screwy spawning, this is the next best thing. Waiting ages for each cat to respawn, or running back and forth between trees is not exactly riveting gameplay. :grimace:

Happy to see DTP return, and I hope to be pumping iron soon!