test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Re: Players having file verification issues

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Hey guys! If you get an error message similar to this (basically any error regarding a bad texture that requests you verify files):
COFatalerror.png?raw=1

We are requesting that you send us the texture_library.hogg file located in your champions install folder (*\Champions Online\Live\piggs). Please do this before attempting to verify or re-patch the game.

You can upload the file here, send it to me via forum pm, or send it as an attachment to customer service.

We are looking to try and resolve the patcher not properly verifying some of these texture errors.

Thank you!​​

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I've had that for years, though it's become much less common since I stopped using demand patching, and it can happen for any of the .hogg files as far as I can tell. I see no evidence that the launcher actually attempts verification on those files (it would be a bit hard to do with demand patching, since anything not 100% up to date would always have a checksum error. Then again, having verifying files upgrade all your hoggs to current isn't the worst plan in the world).
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Please send us those then.​​
  • dwnside13dwnside13 Posts: 12 Arc User
    I'm getting a: Unable to authenticate: Lost connection to account server, When I try to log in.
  • arcanisstrixarcanisstrix Posts: 3 Arc User
    dwnside13 wrote: »
    I'm getting a: Unable to authenticate: Lost connection to account server, When I try to log in.

Same here. Game crashed and have been unable to login
  • tigshadowtigshadow Posts: 38 Arc User
    just started happening now so lost the ability to login. was at the powerhouse and it just started doing this.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    This appears to be happening again or something similar.

It seems something broke after the last patch. After I logon the game crashes with an error about the Texture Library. Verifying files didn't fix the issue. I renamed the texture.hogg and texture2.hogg files and was able to logon without the error. Unfortunately, then I had a lot of blank icon for items and missing textures on things like my vehicle and action figure. I just tried logging in again and received the same app crash and error.

I think others are experiencing similar from what I read in chat. I also saw a friend on my friend list attempt to logon multiple times and I suspect their app kept crashing as well.

I tried entering an in game ticket and it said the service was unavailable and to try again later. If anyone knows a fix, it would be much appreciated.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    This may have cleared up. I tried logging in a few hours later and was successful. I noticed the blank icons and missing textures were back and was receiving a number of updates.