test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/3/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2020 in Release Notes
Anniversary
Happy 11th Anniversary Champions Online!
  • For the next week Witchcraft will be giving out double xp!
  • New perks for logging in during the Anniversary!
  • New Perk: Complete the Save Reggie's Friends mission 15 times. Grants the Toh-Kah panther loyal sidekick on your character.
  • The Destroids Rise Again and Destroyer's Factory dailies will grant event currency while the Anniversary is active!
  • Increased the amount of event currency the Destroids Rise Again open mission grants, however after 3 runs it drops off.
  • All enemies in game can drop event currency.
  • Fixed an issue where some versions of Sapphire's song would cut off early during her stage show.
  • Retired many glitter costumes found in Anniversary Gifts to the Trade Paperback store.
  • Moved Top Ten to nearby the powerhouse.
  • Razzle Dazzle, Surprise Gift and Glitterbomb costume transformations have been moved as possible drops from Anniversary gifts.
  • Added account unlock perks for said costume transformations.
  • Fixed a bug where the Onslaught perk for being near the cake was not working.
  • Known Issue: The Party Bomb perks are currently not working with some versions of the Party Bomb device. We will have this fixed next week.

New in the event store:
  • This year we will be adding a bunch of retro themed villain costumes! This week we have Mindslayer's 1981 look! We'll be adding a set for Dr. Destroyer and Mechanon in the coming weeks!
  • Week 1 store specials are vehicle mods! Check back next week for different items in the weekly store!
  • Added a variety of items to the misc. section.

ZEN Store
For the next week all store items will be 20% off!
You can claim a free Sparkle Hair Pack in the store this week!

New Keypack:
  • Cost: 1800 ZEN
  • 20x Keys
  • 1x Retro Dr. Destroyer Armor
  • 25x Confront Mods mods.
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

Lockbox
The Vigilante Lockbox is now out!

New to this lockbox:
  • Vigilante Costume Box
  • Retrowave Travel Power Unlock
  • Twilight Bolt Loyal Sidekick
  • Waterspout Costume transformation
  • Super Speed Costume Transformation
  • Yoyo Emote

Vigilante Costume Box:
  • Vigilante Tights
  • Vigilante Mask
  • Vigilante Hood
  • Vigilante Collar
  • Vigilante Bow
  • Vigilante Straps
  • Vigilante Bracers 1
  • Vigilante Bracers 2
  • Vigilante Belt 1
  • Vigilante Belt 2
  • Vigilante Leg Straps 1
  • Vigilante Leg Straps 2
  • Vigilante Boots 1
  • Vigilante Boots 2
  • Vigilante Kneepads 1
  • Vigilante Kneepads 2

Tailor
  • Added Neck Length and Chest Length sliders.
  • Added the option to swap between the male and female model in the tailor.
  • Some notes on this feature: Costumes, stances, etc that are not available on the other gender will vanish when changed. There is a known issue that costume transformations will not fully play out if you change to a different gender costume.
  • Tailor changes will be free for the next week.
  • Added Combative and Glove detail options for short gloves.

Questionite Store
  • Gravity Pulse will be available in the vehicle weapon store while the Anniversary is active.

Powers
  • Added color customization for Gauntlet Chainsaw. Selecting this power will now give you an option in the tailor to color the weapon.

Vehicles
Adjusted the values for mods that have the Bonus Ammo Regen effect. Previously the mods had values like +0.7 ammunition every seconds, however the ammunition system would always round off making ranking up the mod have little effect. New values:
  • Ranks 1-4: 1 ammunition/second
  • Ranks 4-6: 2 ammunition/second
  • Rank 7: 3 ammunition/second
  • Rank 8: 4 ammunition/second
  • Rank 9: 5 ammunition/second

Added new vehicle mod: Power Source
  • Grants Bonus Ammunition.
  • Rank 3+: Grants additional Ammunition every second.
  • Rank 6+: Grants bonus Damage.

Therakiel's Temple
  • Fixed an issue where Baron's voodoo dolls were moving.

Misc
  • Updated the tooltip for Depleted Uranium Core to state that it cannot reduce a target's resistance below 0%. This is just a tooltip update.
  • Updated the tooltip for Enemy Hull Scanner to state that it cannot reduce a target's resistance below 0%. This is just a tooltip update.
  • The following emotes and transformations can now be unlocked account wide by completing a perk: Run Scared, Phonebooth, Energy Burst.
​​

Comments

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Finally a tailor update. Mad props to the devs at work. All of these we been asking for :)
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Lots of great stuff! I only have one question...

When is the next dang trade paperback week! :angry:
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    [*] The following emotes and transformations can now be unlocked account wide by completing a perk: Run Scared, Phonebooth, Energy Burst.
    [/list]​​

Do past unlocks count, or does one have to start from scratch?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Do past unlocks count, or does one have to start from scratch?
    They count but you need to make sure you log in with the characters who have it unlocked so it can count them for the perk progress (Perk progress in on the Anniversary and Lockbox category)​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Happy 11th CO!
    Still going strong!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Still goin.
    edited September 2020
    goin

and... gone

I can't reconnect back to the game
    Unable to authenticate: Lost connection to Account Server​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    goin

and... gone

Same
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    New lockbox set looks great! Enough straps for a BDSM convention though. Gonna be fun trying to get something that's not an accessory.
  • scorpio303scorpio303 Posts: 27 Arc User
    goin

and... gone

I am also having this issue now.
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    goin

and... gone

same :(

edited September 2020
    New in the event store:
    This year we will be adding a bunch of retro themed villain costumes! This week we have Mindslayer's 1981 look! We'll be adding a set for Dr. Destroyer and Mechanon in the coming weeks!
    OK The source material of champions is awesome! Retro Mindslayer looks amazing and the Retro Dr. Destroyer is very aesthetically pleasing (still wishing the cape was attachment for the armour)
    Week 1 store specials are vehicle mods! Check back next week for different items in the weekly store!
    REALLY NOW!?
    REALLY?
    FOR REAL?
    RANK 3 VEHICLE MODS to Celebrate the first week?
    ​​
    3c7.gif
    Post edited by avianos on
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Guess this is as close as we can get for Personal Mags... At least it's something!
    This new slider will probably make some costume pieces look wonky. Right now, Vigilante Straps Raised kinda looks weird if you increased chest/neck length. But it's easy to cover it up since it's a chest layer.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    REALLY NOW!?
    REALLY?
    FOR REAL?
    ​​
    3c7.gif

Can we report a dev for trolling? XD

Also I already want to hang myself from a catless tree. Can't believe such a poorly designed mission keeps being a thing.

vonqball wrote: »
    Also I already want to hang myself from a catless tree. Can't believe such a poorly designed mission keeps being a thing.
    The Find XX amount of CATs, Foxbats, Halloween Monsters and Teddy Bears are getting on my nerves!​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    3c7.gif

Ha, figured we would get flak for that! But the reasoning is we didn't want to put anything super duper expensive in the store week 1 since currency was reset to 0 and week stores only stick around...a week (in the past we added become devices week 1 but those were all dispersed to other areas of the game).

Vehicle mods haven't seen much circulation since they were removed from Lockbox drops years ago, so we decided to go with those.​​
    There’s a big reason for that
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    This new slider will probably make some costume pieces look wonky. Right now, Vigilante Straps Raised kinda looks weird if you
    Use the nonraised. :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Should have made them R5s? Not much more useful and hard to see anyone spending event currency on r3 vendor trash.
    3c7.gif

Ha, figured we would get flak for that! But the reasoning is we didn't want to put anything super duper expensive in the store week 1 since currency was reset to 0 and week stores only stick around...a week (in the past we added become devices week 1 but those were all dispersed to other areas of the game).

Vehicle mods haven't seen much circulation since they were removed from Lockbox drops years ago, so we decided to go with those.​​

JwLmWoa.png
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    The Vigilante Lockbox, while it didn’t blow my socks off or anything, is probably one of the best we’ve had in quite a while and a step in the right direction. The costume pieces I feel like I’ve seen before, but a breath of fresh air from the usual bulky, ill-fitting stuff. The tailor updates are also very welcome. The vintage Mind Slayer piece is great: that’s the kind of stuff we need. Superhero themes, inspired/referencing the source material, back to basics.

I don’t know much about DCUO – but I was browsing through the unlockables, and while nowhere near CO’s level of customization, their costumes seem to be on point: quality, polish, theme, not straying too much from the source/genre – still leaving space for the occasional wacky/silly stuff. I’d rather a Costume Set with fewer pieces but with a solid theme and look, much like some of our older sets: Millennium Tights, Golden Age, 90’s...

To increase the value of Costume Sets: instead of Tights 1, Tights 2, Boots 1, Boots 2… stick to one design with a strong enough theme, and play with it, create variations, add patterns etc. (On that note: mad props for adding the Vigilante pattern to existing pieces, like subligar).

Some excellent examples of Tights & Skin variations:

skintights_free2.jpg

latest?cb=20100831200956
    latest?cb=20100831201020

We haven't had costumes like these in forever.

Look at chars from DC, Marvel and whatnot… what do they look like (or used to)? What would a cool hero-themed set look like? What’s left to explore? What basic costume pieces are we still missing? Instead of 27 Goth/Rave/BurningMan type of footwear repeated over and over, what would be new/add to CO? A different heel type (wedge, stiletto, holo-heel...), variations in length (thigh-high, long/default, ankle…). Neck/collar/chest pieces that pair nicely with tights. Basic, quintessential hero-themed, versatile pieces - rather than super-whimsical, niche-y and all over the place.

Anyways. Overall, an ok update.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Hey it's only 625 favor in week 1 to get a rank 6 mod. That seems pretty reasonable right?
    BUG: Splendid Perk- Razzle Dazzle Transformation. The Perk doesn't unlock the account wide unlock transformation, only gives the Title
    ​​
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    spordelia wrote: »

I don’t know much about DCUO – but I was browsing through the unlockables, and while nowhere near CO’s level of customization, their costumes seem to be on point: quality, polish, theme, not straying too much from the source/genre – still leaving space for the occasional wacky/silly stuff. I’d rather a Costume Set with fewer pieces but with a solid theme and look, much like some of our older sets: Millennium Tights, Golden Age, 90’s...

To increase the value of Costume Sets: instead of Tights 1, Tights 2, Boots 1, Boots 2… stick to one design with a strong enough theme, and play with it, create variations, add patterns etc. (On that note: mad props for adding the Vigilante pattern to existing pieces, like subligar).

skintights_free2.jpg

latest?cb=20100831200956
    latest?cb=20100831201020

Look at chars from DC, Marvel and whatnot… what do they look like (or used to)? What would a cool hero-themed set look like? What’s left to explore? What basic costume pieces are we still missing? Instead of 27 Goth/Rave/BurningMan type of footwear repeated over and over, what would be new/add to CO? A different heel type (wedge, stiletto, holo-heel...), variations in length (thigh-high, long/default, ankle…). Neck/collar/chest pieces that pair nicely with tights. Basic, quintessential hero-themed, versatile pieces - rather than super-whimsical, niche-y and all over the place.

ALL of this :+1:

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    spordelia wrote: »
    The Vigilante Lockbox, while it didn’t blow my socks off or anything, is probably one of the best we’ve had in quite a while and a step in the right direction. The costume pieces I feel like I’ve seen before, but a breath of fresh air from the usual bulky, ill-fitting stuff. The tailor updates are also very welcome. The vintage Mind Slayer piece is great: that’s the kind of stuff we need. Superhero themes, inspired/referencing the source material, back to basics.

skintights_free2.jpg

latest?cb=20100831200956
    latest?cb=20100831201020

Anyways. Overall, an ok update.

I was going to comment on that, adding the pattern to Basic Armor for chest and the Subligar is a HUGE win in my book. That little bit of extra efforts means everything.
    edited September 2020
    ...fascinating onion-8.gif
    WHY is Vigilante Straps a CHEST PIECE and not a arms accessory?
    BUG: Splendid Perk- Razzle Dazzle Transformation. The Perk doesn't unlock the account wide unlock transformation, only gives the Title
    :grimace:
    BUG: Same happens with the Glitterbomb Transformation
    The perk is only giving the Glitter Bomb title but not the account wide unlock

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say the same will apply for the Surprise Gift
    Seems those 10-character perk unlocks for transfromations will always have issues

EDIT: The Gift Transformation perk is also bugged​​
    More so than you.
    Should the whirling blade of the chainsaw be colorable? Seems to be only black.
    Powers
    • Added color customization for Gauntlet Chainsaw. Selecting this power will now give you an option in the tailor to color the weapon.

JwLmWoa.png
    edited September 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Should the whirling blade of the chainsaw be colorable? Seems to be only black.
    Something tells me because chainsaw's chain is the only animated part of the model and tied with the power itself it needs to be locked colour​​
    The retro flight is really nice, especially because I'm crazy about the cyberpunk future robot stuff. May be a retro lootbox in future.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    The Chest should be more Lengthy and Longer something around 200 or more...
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2020

Tailor
    • Added Neck Length and Chest Length sliders.
    • Added the option to swap between the male and female model in the tailor.
    • Some notes on this feature: Costumes, stances, etc that are not available on the other gender will vanish when changed. There is a known issue that costume transformations will not fully play out if you change to a different gender costume.
    • Tailor changes will be free for the next week.
    • Added Combative and Glove detail options for short gloves.
      ​​

Ahhh! This is soooo awesome! Thank you so much for the tailoring waiver! Please consider extending it for a little while longer, if not the rest of the anniversary event itself! =)
    Nemesis tailor telling me 'failed to modify nemesis: invalid costume' after swapping genders. AND CHANGING COSTUMES THERE IS NOT FREE!
  • opalflameopalflame Posts: 207 Arc User
    Awesome! I'm gonna have a lot of fun with the new customization stuff.
    Ink@Opalsky in game
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Among the STEALTH (unannounced) tweaks and fixes in this patch, the mission :A Snake Has No Arms' was tweaked, presumably because the Viper Weaponry one needs to collect 10 of was counting the unique item that starts the mission as the Viper Weaponry, and being unique, was preventing further Viper Weaponry from dropping?

The mission was reset if you happened to have it, suggesting it was fixed.

It wasn't.

You can still only collect one Viper Weaponry. The item Tool-tip indicates it stacks to 99, but also says unique. Because the mission item drops directly into your bag and is not normal loot, I assume the 'Unique' property is blocking it from auto-dropping into your bag.

I assume the issue here is because they set the mission items in the area to auto-loot to avoid lagging the Cosmics, and/or it's an issue with the changes for the mission item bag.