test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20200828.3 - Qularr Invasion Simulation Alert/Tailor Updates

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2020 in PTS - The Archive
Lockbox
  • Added the following items to the debugger store: Retrowave travel power, Waterspout costume transformation, Super Speed costume transformation, Yoyo emote.
  • The following emotes and transformations can now be unlocked account wide by completing a perk: Run Scared, Phonebooth, Energy Burst.

Tailor
  • Added Neck Length and Chest Length sliders.
  • Added the option to swap between the male and female model in the tailor.
  • Some notes on this feature: Costumes, stances, etc that are not available on the other gender will vanish when changed. There is a known issue that costume transformations will not fully play out if you change to a different gender costume. Note: Please test this with a variety of costumes!

Qularr Invasion Simulation Alert
  • New alert! This alert will be running during the Anniversary.
  • This alert takes you to a more difficult version of the Qularr Invasion simulation.
  • To skip cutscenes talk with Plato at the start.

Notable changes:
  • Tasks have changed to keep players moving through the alert.
  • Removed any tutorial relevant (blocking, using powers) tasks.
  • Enemies are scaled up to 5 players.
  • Defender no longer assists you against Black Talon.
  • Black Talon has new powers.
  • Added some hidden objectives.

Known Issues:
  • Some of the cutscenes are not playing out correctly.
  • Black Talon has not received any visual updates to his attacks.

Questionite Store
  • Gravity Pulse will be available while the Anniversary is active.

Powers
  • Added color customization for Gauntlet Chainsaw. Selecting this power will now give you an option in the tailor to color the weapon.

Vehicles
Adjusted the values for mods that have the Bonus Ammo Regen effect. Previously the mods had values like +0.7 ammunition every seconds, however the ammunition system would always round off making ranking up the mod have little effect. New values:
  • Ranks 1-4: 1 ammunition/second
  • Ranks 4-6: 2 ammunition/second
  • Rank 7: 3 ammunition/second
  • Rank 8: 4 ammunition/second
  • Rank 9: 5 ammunition/second

Added new vehicle mod: Power Source
  • Grants Bonus Ammunition.
  • Rank 3+: Grants additional Ammunition every second.
  • Rank 6+: Grants bonus Damage.

Therakiel's Temple
  • Fixed an issue where Baron's voodoo dolls were moving.

Misc
  • Updated the tooltip for Depleted Uranium Core to state that it cannot reduce a target's resistance below 0%. This is just a tooltip update.
  • Updated the tooltip for Enemy Hull Scanner to state that it cannot reduce a target's resistance below 0%. This is just a tooltip update.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Any chance those female stances and variation of beast stance be female and male?
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    That won't be something we'll be doing this update. We can consider it later on but not this time around.​​
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Really awesome looking changes! Would be great to see the extent of those neck and chest length sliders a little longer, but I'll certainly take what I can get! :P
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Looks like great fun :)
    [NbK]XStorm
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Black Talon has new powers.
    Time to unlock "old" Black Talon powers as Powers.

And finally some chonky powerarmors for the ladies.

Since new Qulaar weapons. Qulaar Minigun is missing... :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Added Neck Length and Chest Length sliders.
    You can be Taller now
    Added the option to swap between the male and female model in the tailor.
    My Female Dwarf can finally get the MECHA SHE DESERVES!
    That's pretty awesome! I knew there was a command ingame to gender swap a character in tailor and save the file! It's awesome seeing it becoming a feature!
    The Shapeshifting possibilities are endless
    I see the game wants this character to be a Shortstack as female! All right the size still changes just like the command
    CZW0uE5.gif

BUG: Waterspout Transformation doesn't unlock
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I can confirm the Waterspout Transformation doesn't unlock. I got this instead.
    UNUSED.JPG

Also Expectation
    yoyo.gif
    Reality
    pingpong.JPG

The Alert can be finish from start to finish. Here is the starting objective at the start of the alert
    quest.JPG
    As for the Talon fight, Defender is useless as hell, as always
    screenshot_2020-08-28-19-03-01.jpg
    And Talon love to summon tons of mobs and may or may not threat wipe after 2/3 and 1/3 HP.

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Added the following items to the debugger store: Yoyo emote.
    All right, this is pretty calming and nifty Emote to make your character Idle! I can get behind this as Idle command
    GCNIR7Z.gif
    Added the following items to the debugger store: Super Speed costume transformation
    mTQj97t.gif
    Added the following items to the debugger store: Retrowave travel power
    Synthwave A E S T H E T I C S
    RANK 1 Visuals
    QDEGLsx.gif

RANK 2 Visuals
    iFMQoXd.gif

RANK 3 Visuals
    seHBAHr.gif

No Waterspout preview because it doesnt unlock at all​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    the neck height is not really that much would be cool if they could increase it more, here is a look at it
    screenshot-2020-08-28-22-45-00.jpg
    screenshot-2020-08-28-22-45-08.jpg
    screenshot-2020-08-28-22-45-27.jpg
    screenshot-2020-08-28-22-45-29.jpg

• jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User
    Any chance you'll continue to add size sliders? Neck/chest length are actually two areas where the base characters are pretty proportional, I think. If you could let me make a female with a > 22" waist, or fix some of the weird shoe shapes by determining foot width and foot length separately, I would be most eternally grateful.
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    Bug
    Body Sliders Positions are Bugged

Female Model Changed to Male Model.
    OQoiBgp.png

Male Model Changed to Female Model.
    Wx0bLiT.png
    • When switching the gender model on either a character made with a male or female model initially to the opposite gender model the "Body Sliders" are pushed off to the side of the window and thus become inaccessible, there is however a workaround which is to click on "Show Face Sliders" and then click on "Show Body Sliders" doing this seems to fix the positions.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Neat idea adding new sliders for Tailor. Chest Length seems real minimal compared to Neck Length's change. Also, Neck Length is a good addition for beast head. No more shortstack-looking monsters here!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Trying out the new alert and spotted the following:

BUG: If a team mate enters the Champions HQ before everyone else, all other party members who try to enter Champs HQ will instead be booted out of the simulation and return to the initial hub area to re-enter simulation again.

--

Not sure if the hidden objectives are SO well hidden that we weren't able to find them. Qularr World Burner is a VERY nice touch.

Suggestion: Defeating the Qularr World Burner is now an OPTIONAL objective in the drop down list for increased rewards. Additionally defeating the World Burner 5 times grants the "World Burner" title.

--

BUG: Spotted by a team mate: Signal to Noise mission from Silver Avenger Mayte Sanchez is still active in this Alert.

--

BUG: Spotted by a team mate: If you move back into the spot where the cut scene usually starts, you can re-review the cutscene consistently.

--

BUG: Upon completion of the alert, the hub area allows you to re-enter the scenario again for a few seconds before being shifted to Champs HQ and then being further shifted to the hub area again.

Suggestion: When score screen pops up, just remove / silence the option to re-enter simulation.

--

BUG: The final cutscene seems to have some sort of issue with the Qularr ships? They seem to drop into frame like bricks and then...flee into the river and then have their "interstellar teleport" animation play in the sky....looks very weird.

unknown.png

unknown.png

--

Suggestion: Allow us to destroy Assault Ships. Having them fire at us and damage us is fine, but not being able to retaliate and actually deal damage to them is very annoying!

--

General feedback:

- I can't stress how pleased I am that you can STILL GET THE PERKS in this version of the crisis.
    - I ran in with a squishy DPS and tried to take on a group by myself and got my behind presented to me on a biomatter platter (as expected). I feel like the mobs are a good level of difficulty.
    - World Burner was a pleasant surprise.
    - Black Talon was also pretty nice, had a few new attacks.
    - Felt good to go back and revisit that content. I hope the Development Team considers a Crisis Hub idea and implementation as part of an event or something (maybe even linked to Flashback Event being switched on or something) and look at updating other crisis scenarios in CO and bringing them up to alert level (Canada Crisis & Desert Disaster mostly, as MI crisis can be run at any time. And I think people are glad to be free of VB Apoc after the restriction was recently lifted).
    - The overall difficulty seemed to be at the right level to the point that I didn't realize I had been sk'd down until part way through the alert.

Post edited by theravenforce on
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    Lockbox
    Qularr Invasion Simulation Alert
    • New alert! This alert will be running during the Anniversary.
    • This alert takes you to a more difficult version of the Qularr Invasion simulation.
    • To skip cutscenes talk with Plato at the start.

Really looking forward to trying this.
    Questionite Store
    • Gravity Pulse will be available while the Anniversary is active.

Aha!

Powers
    • Added color customization for Gauntlet Chainsaw. Selecting this power will now give you an option in the tailor to color the weapon.

Captain Bonfire (one of my alts who uses this power a lot) approves! Have to say that the glowing weapon aura reward from the Ladyhawke arc also works really well with this for his powers.
    Vehicles
    Adjusted the values for mods that have the Bonus Ammo Regen effect. Previously the mods had values like +0.7 ammunition every seconds, however the ammunition system would always round off making ranking up the mod have little effect. New values:
    • Ranks 1-4: 1 ammunition/second
    • Ranks 4-6: 2 ammunition/second
    • Rank 7: 3 ammunition/second
    • Rank 8: 4 ammunition/second
    • Rank 9: 5 ammunition/second

Added new vehicle mod: Power Source
    • Grants Bonus Ammunition.
    • Rank 3+: Grants additional Ammunition every second.
    • Rank 6+: Grants bonus Damage.

Outstanding, I was really hoping with the vehicle re-balance we'd be able to improve the energy management. Any chance of another discount on vehicle "respecs" when these go live?

• hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Added the option to swap between the male and female model in the tailor.
    Some notes on this feature: Costumes, stances, etc that are not available on the other gender will vanish when changed. There is a known issue that costume transformations will not fully play out if you change to a different gender costume. Note: Please test this with a variety of costumes!

Suggestion
    Currently you can't "Undo" a gender swap, only switch between male and female while losing gender-specific pieces (and also eye color) each time. As such, an accidental click on the male/female button could wipe out a lot of unsaved customization without means of recovery. An undo function after swapping models, or a yes/no confirmation dialog before swapping, would be a nice safety net.
  • I think the gender swap in the tailor is a neat add because there have been times when I wanted to make a female version of a character but said to myself I didn't want to have to waste a free form slot.
    It also allows more shape shifting. We don't have any powers that stretch our arms out or change our forms but with a bit of creativity we can play as one.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

Suggestion: PLEASE find a way to award the "Save The City" perk to players upon completion of the Qularr Invasion Alert. This should ideally count towards the 'Aliens of Earth' lore perk (& Alien Invader Loremaster perk)
  • orangeitisorangeitis Posts: 227 Arc User
    Neck Length and Chest Length sliders added?

Well damn, now I gotta come back to the game.
This discussion has been closed.