test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 8/27/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Lockbox
For the next week the Collector's Lockbox will be available.
  • Added the contents of the Brutal Lockbox to the Collector's store.

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where the lower Lionfish tights for females could not access the detail option.
​​

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I see something new is coming "The Midnight Depths" https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11477603-the-midnight-depths

Any chance of streamlining the contacts (e.g. maybe through Socrates) and ditching the ca. 24 hour wait between episodes for the old (and new) missions? Maybe improve the drops/rewards at bit? I'd wager that would encourage people to do them more than once on one character.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnefuchsspinnefuchs Posts: 10 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Any chance of streamlining the contacts (e.g. maybe through Socrates) and ditching the ca. 24 hour wait between episodes for the old (and new) missions? Maybe improve the drops/rewards at bit? I'd wager that would encourage people to do them more than once on one character.

Second dropping the cooldown; I can't even remember who i've tried to do these mission lines on. The way they are now, might as well be dead content.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Agreed. I'd really like to run through the story again with new characters but the progress is painfully slow. :(
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Count me in for that, the cooldown thing is so irritating! Especially on new characters.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Seems like a good time :)
    [NbK]XStorm
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Count me in for that, the cooldown thing is so irritating! Especially on new characters.

:+1:

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Agreed, it would benefit from:

-Streamlining in contacts:
    make all mission start at Ravenswood academy, or maybe directly at the Lab, having the contact stand outside?

-Clear level indicator/Remove cooldown:
    I check the contact once or twice, then get bored/forget and move on.

I went through it only once, and I liked the story too, however the cooldown makes you forget the nice parts...

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    With the situation of resources for CO and actually getting 'New Missions', putting a 24h lock on is really, like stupid. Since we're not getting new conten...sorry, new missions every month regulary.
    Yea, testing new and different is like cool and stuff, but come on. Really? Why make working things, like Crime Computer obselete (it is still working?).
    Are we a monkeylab to try new stuff for other games or what?
    Do people actually like the '24h' per mission. And seems it's not even working correctly for some.
    End of rant.
    TGIF!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Do something For Chadwick Boseman. :/
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    As long as we're revisiting Ladyhawke missions by removing the cooldown between new ones, can we also look at the hp on the crystals in Unknowable One? Have you tried soloing this on a healer? They take ages to kill.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Those Crystals have ridiculous Object-Resistance indeed and since they are tagged as objects energy builders and specific Mental-State Energy Unlocks are invalid! Please stop putting Objects like this as required targets! they are as bad as the teleporters in the Reign of Frogs and everything in the Mechanon Series!
    Made annoying with the fact you cannot auto target them unless you have the option "Never attack objects" turn OFF and being in very close melee distance (Not very Gamepad friendly in the first place)

Allow me to embrace that this Cooldown Gimmick needs to die! You wait 1 whole day for a mission which takes less than 3 minutes to complete! Time Pandering to give the Illusion the series is longer!
    Not a very good game design, makes the whole experience obnoxious along the with back and forth between Westside and Downtown Labs​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!