test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Non-Toggled Power Armour need to be polished and new powers and emanation points update (LOL)

avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
After the PA revamp years ago pretty much anything which is not Toggle was left underwelming, inlcuding the god forsaken Automaton AT which is salvaging powers from the other Technology family frameworks (and force)
The awesome Hand Blasters and Cannons we got the past 2 years, but here is another issue! A lot powers are lock on the Right or Left Hand!

Starting off, PA has 3 BLAST POWERS!
3 BLASTS! WHY? And on top of that all 3 of them are underwelming!

Using any of those are main source of DPS you wont get too far since they are not balanced for endgame (just like making a Chain Only DPS! How Embarrassing) and they are missing Utilities!
  • Power Gauntlet
  • Tactical Missiles
  • Rocket Punch
Why is Rocket Punch even tagged as Blast? Underwelming DPS
  • Power Gauntlet is cool but I don't trust Downrange Disaster bonus for staying at MAX distance! aNothing else as utility adv!
    Suggestions
    • Innate Effect: Applies 1 stack Plasma Burn on target based on charged (100% on full)
    • ADV- Apllies BURN THROUGH Debuff against target affected by Plasma Burn
    • ADV - AOE transformation - Turns Power Gauntlet into an AOE Blast power
  • Tactical Missiles Blast Radius makes the power dealing Splash Aoe Damage! Nothing else as utility adv
    Suggestions
    Can't think of many things with this power, it's so Bland despite looking so good
    Give it BURN THROUGH Debuff as well, but doubt DEVs would make it easier
  • Rocket Punch Grasping Hand roots targets instead of knocking them! Nothing else as utility adv
    Suggestions
    • ALPHA STRIKE: Rocket Punch is now on the same category of Alpha Strike attacks (Ebon Ruin, Force Cascade, e.t.c) It's no longer a Blast, Damage and Cost change to reflect it
    • ADV - Grabbing Glove- Rocket Punch now Pulls-Knock the target to you

What other Non-Toggles power the PA kit has?
    Chest Beam : I'm fine as it is but is Chest Beam supposed to be the Alpha Strike of the Non-toggle PA? So it's both the only way to apply the Debuff and Alpha attack? Kinda sucks to be a Blaster in that case
    Energy Wave: Pretty good for Knocking (innate) or Pulling into center utility (Reverse Polarity) and self healing (Recharge)
    • The Hardened Particle Matrix is outdated garbage with the current shielding Meta! The shielding provided by hitting 5 targets is not worth it for neither DPS nor TANK! It's so neglectable and it gets instantly gone with enemies' attack! Not worth it in a power with this Cooldown
      This should be Updated

Binding Shot: Cool theme power for Crowd Control! Nothing to write home about

NEW POWERS The Bread and Butter of FF Theme buidling, needs more variety and currently there are many NPC exlusive powers
  • Maintaining Version of Eye Beams People have been requesting it for YEARS now
  • The Handblast power UNTIL Defenders use
  • The AoE attack Destroid Annihilator Bots are use Which has the same animation Bullet Hail, taken by Cowboy robots
    I asked for the last two powers years ago during the PA revamp, The anwser i received is that we don't currently have an animator to adjust those two powers for players
    Well maybe if you could put the mysterious Part-Timer animator to work on Combat Powers animations adjustments and not making Stupid Meme dances we could have more powers but I digress I'm very upset don't mind my passive aggressiveness ಠ_ಠ

Emanation Points (LOL this feature is more dead it makes me extremely sad but I will try anyway)

I want to see Emanation Points coming back and being able to select which Hand I can shoot Tactical Missiles, Rocket Punch and every other BLAST attack from!
Making a theme build with a specific hand as blaster turned out to be more difficult consider a lot of powers I want to use are on the wrong hand!

And All this because I wanted to Combine Force Blast and Tactical Missiles with a Hand Cannon costume to make a Space Bounty Hunter theme build based on Samus Aran (abandomed project btw) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And since we don't even have Single-Pistol powers I need to brainstorm with what we have access to​​
POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Comments

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Power Armor is due for a full rework, honestly. Even some of the non-slotted powers have issues. The whole set is junky, slow, and obnoxious, and the only reason it gets used as much as it does is purely for dps output.

I've complained about emanation points before and the answers I got were mostly that it's difficult to program them in with the current system. Why that is or even whether or not that's really true, the lack of them added to new powers makes me feel like they've given up on this feature for now. I think the best hope is that they can find a way to reimplement the feature entirely. Until then, all we can do is hope and beg. :confused:

There needs to be a better separation of slotted and nonslotted powers, and slotted powers need to be adjusted to not take a full second to react. In the quick pace of endgame combat, it really doesn't cut it. This is the most critical issue for the powerset imo.

Also, absolutely yes on the maintained version of eyebeams.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    PA revamp needs to get in line behind: Earth, Archery, Gadeteering, Celestial, Force and probably Telepathy. At 1 revamp/year we'll see PA get some attention in 2026, just in time for CO's 17th anniversary.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    Power Armor is due for a full rework, honestly. Even some of the non-slotted powers have issues. The whole set is junky, slow, and obnoxious, and the only reason it gets used as much as it does is purely for dps output.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    PA revamp needs to get in line behind: Earth, Archery, Gadeteering, Celestial, Force and probably Telepathy. At 1 revamp/year we'll see PA get some attention in 2026, just in time for CO's 17th anniversary.
    HOLD IT BOTH OF YOU, i'm not asking for another PA Revamp, but a powerframe addition for all the unfavoured powers left behind!
    Just like the Small DARKNESS addition where they just changed some powers and made new healing stuff

Even if Toggled PA is currently JUNKY and slow, I don't mind it, my main issue its the leftovers Non-Toggle powers! ONLY NON-TOGGLES Those are the true Junks

The title and the point of the thread is the Non-Toggle powers for pete's sake, don't change the subject

and yes Earth, Archery, Gadeteering, Celestial, Force and Telepathy should be priority of REVAMPS! You will constantly see me complaining about the fate of those unrevamped powerframes

ESPECIAL FORCE! WTF! who thought those mechanics was a good idea​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    The devs already wasted time nefring vehicles. I don't see what you are advocating as worth the devs putting their limited into atm when other things, imo, are more urgently needed. This is coming from someone who has a character that uses Rocket Punch to set up Chest Beam with Preemptive Stirke while using Coruscating Might mod, so I understand the issue. I just don;t see it as a priority.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    You are telling me about that WASTE of Update which made everyone angry and made more of my friends Quit CO? I know and I HATE IT! But Anyway this is Suggestion Box, the Graveyard of Idea!

It's now like DEVs will see this and GO "HMM YES THIS IS 100% THE NEXT UPDATE! CANCEL EVERYTHING ELSE! THAT'S THE TICKET" they will ignore it like the majority of the suggestions, I made this with no confidence that it would be seen

What a waste of Update to kill a whole Sub-System, If only you knew how bad things are​​
    Post edited by avianos on
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    > @avianos said:
    > (Quote)
    > (Quote)
    > HOLD IT BOTH OF YOU, i'm not asking for another PA Revamp, but a powerframe addition for all the unfavoured powers left behind!
    > Just like the Small DARKNESS addition where they just changed some powers and made new healing stuff
    >
    > Even if Toggled PA is currently JUNKY and slow, I don't mind it, my main issue its the leftovers Non-Toggle powers! ONLY NON-TOGGLES Those are the true Junks
    >
    > The title and the point of the thread is the Non-Toggle powers for pete's sake, don't change the subject
    >
    > and yes Earth, Archery, Gadeteering, Celestial, Force and Telepathy should be priority of REVAMPS! You will constantly see me complaining about the fate of those unrevamped powerframes
    >
    > ESPECIAL FORCE! WTF! who thought those mechanics was a good idea​​

No, I definitely agree virtually every other unreworked set needs attention a lot more than PA. PA is at least mostly functional for endgame, clunky as it is. I just think to resolve its issues, a full rework is really needed.

Honestly, if they spent a whole year on just full powerset revamps and nothing else, I would be ecstatic lol. I know it's not a likely thing but it would still be cool to see. Make 2021 the year of the powerset rework! :smiley: