test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Egg goes to the Ballet.

dlfroelichdlfroelich Posts: 22 Arc User
edited August 2020 in Builds and Roles
Greetings all!

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&n=&d=12370DPKGQLa000000800082048E008G058B03B800BG00K503850C8304NK01BD01000000000mc500nC00k040000000000&e=

Here's a build I piece together with information and tips I picked up from these here forums. And randomness... Mostly in the spec trees. I would appreciate any input, advice, and chocolates.

My biggest questions are about the the spec trees; o.0 I'm assuming Arbiter and Warden work well with Bullet Ballet... Question maaaark....; Would 'Honor' work with/trigger 'Arbiter Mastery'? Would I be able to shell out good damage and be a viable member of my Team and Cosmic Team Ups? Can kangaroos walk backwards?

I couldn't decide on what to do with the last power... Bullet Barrage looks fun. But, I fell like I need something for DPS checks.

“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” -C.S. Lewis
Post edited by dlfroelich on

Comments

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    You seem to have forgotten to post your build.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    He yolked it all up
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Yea, I guess you missed adding a build link. Regardless, I'd prob get Warden, Vindicator, and/or Brawler specs for a Bullet Ballet build- that is, if you wanted to focus on personal dps. Arbiter's Rend is decent, but made more for team debuffing, while its Mastery is okay if you want some minor melee healing, but BB isn't as strong for it due to the combo's longer total time to complete than others (and ofc you'd pass up a more dps-focused Mastery). Enforcer and Arbiter Aura are pretty weak for dps, since they give a small amount of passive dmg that can be heavily hit by the DR on overall passive dmg bonuses. Also, afaik Honor doesn't proc from Arbiter Mastery.

So, Arbiter prob wouldn't be my first pick for a spec here, but it'll also depend a bit on what you want to focus on. BB can do pretty solid melee dps overall, though, provided you have a good build for it and fitting gear.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • dlfroelichdlfroelich Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    XD Um... I forgot to post the build link.

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&n=&d=12370DPKGQLa000000800082048E008G058B03B800BG00K503850C8304NK01BD01000000000mc500nC00k040000000000&e=

Current Gear:

PO: Legion's Gloves of Offense; 2x R7 DEX; 2x R7 Gambler's
    SO: Vigilante's Critical Belt

PD: Legion's Breastplate of Agility; 2x R7 CON; 2x R7 Gambler's
    SD: Onslaught's Tights of Agility; R5 DEX

PU: Legion's Helm of Speed; 2xR7 DEX; 2x R7 Gambler's
    SU: Onslaught's Mask of Efficiency; R5 DEX
    Post edited by dlfroelich on

“It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.” -C.S. Lewis
    Yea, that build looks okay for a basic one, and it seems like you are prioritizing Dex, which is good. You could make some tweaks or changes to the gearing or build, but it will depend a bit on what aspects you want to shore up for the character.

Regardless, I may consider adding something like Lead Tempest, in case you wanted a large AoE for scattered groups (BB can AoE w/ the adv, ofc, but only when close-up and w/ limited coverage), or maybe go w/ Bullet Hail for its dmg shield adv.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Yea, that build looks okay for a basic one, and it seems like you are prioritizing Dex, which is good. You could make some tweaks or changes to the gearing or build, but it will depend a bit on what aspects you want to shore up for the character.

Regardless, I may consider adding something like Lead Tempest, in case you wanted a large AoE for scattered groups (BB can AoE w/ the adv, ofc, but only when close-up and w/ limited coverage), or maybe go w/ Bullet Hail for its dmg shield adv.

^_^ Thanks, Flow!

Updated Build: https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=35&n=&d=12370DPKGQLa0470M3800082048E008G058B03B800BG00K503850C8304NK01BD018U0500000mc33UbT3T3B43c0E130000&e=

I'm thinking about swapping out the two Utility pieces. I don't have too many big cooldowns with this build. A new Secondary Offense would be nice. Add I might the two CON mods for two more DEX.

Would swapping out CON for STR as a Secondary Superstat be too much of a defense lost? Would that have a big impact on DMG?

Would Slaughter in the Warden be worth the points? o.O

• squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    FWIW, I went Warden and Arbiter with my BB character.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Just as a point of comparison. I did my BB build based on strengths and knocks. The SMG is more for flavor and as an opening against groups.

Pulp Action Squirrel 3 - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Savage (Str: 10, Dex: 8, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 9: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Killer Instinct
    Level 6: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 8: Bullet Ballet (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Enrage (Giant Growth)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
    Level 20: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes)
    Level 23: Retaliation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Concussion Grenade (Stun Grenade)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Submachinegun Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Rising Knee (Flowing Strikes)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Jet Pack (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Athletics

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (2/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Slot 1: Heroic Resonance
    Slot 2: Perpetrator Incapacitation Device
    Slot 3: Primus Spark Shield
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited August 2020
    dlfroelich wrote: »
    Would swapping out CON for STR as a Secondary Superstat be too much of a defense lost? Would that have a big impact on DMG?

Slaughter is good here, esp since BB is one of the rarer cases where the combo is the main source of dmg.

Although you could make an argument for using Str PSS for its spec tree options, Str as a SSS isn't as compelling due to its innate melee dmg bonus soft-capping at 70 (which a Support's AoPM buff alone can get you to) and due to the DR on passive dmg bonuses (further reducing the benefit of that dmg bonus). That said, Str does also boost your passive knock resist a bit, and it can be a bit more efficient in content where you aren't getting AoPM. It's kinda just up to you if you want to trade Con SS for that.
    FWIW, I went Warden and Arbiter with my BB character.

How's that build going for ya, Squirrelly?

jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Just as a point of comparison. I did my BB build based on strengths and knocks. The SMG is more for flavor and as an opening against groups.

That looks like it would be fun. I'm not familiar with Enrage... How would your build those stacks?

flowcyto wrote: »

Slaughter is good here, esp since BB is one of the rarer cases where the combo is the main source of dmg.

Although you could make an argument for using Str PSS for its spec tree options, Str as a SSS isn't as compelling due to its innate melee dmg bonus soft-capping at 70 (which a Support's AoPM buff alone can get you to) and due to the DR on passive dmg bonuses (further reducing the benefit of that dmg bonus). That said, Str does also boost your passive knock resist a bit, and it can be a bit more efficient in content where you aren't getting AoPM. It's kinda just up to you if you want to trade Con SS for that.

^_^ Thanks, Flow! I don't know if you hear (see) it enough, but your presence in the forums is much appreciated. I hope I get to meet ya in-game. /e bow

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Demolish and Rising Knee provide Knocks to proc Enrage. If you didn't care about Frag Grenade you could get Burst Shot with Off Your Fee adv for more knocks.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

That looks like it would be fun. I'm not familiar with Enrage... How would your build those stacks?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited August 2020
    No problem. Also, for Jaaz's build w/ Enrage, he's prob just using Demolish and Rising Knee to proc Enrage. Demolish (w/ adv) can knock and initially apply its Demolish debuff, while Rising Knee (w/ adv) can knock and also quickly refresh that debuff. That sort of setup can work fine, as long as you remember to weave those powers into your attack rotation.