test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Qularr Invasion Redux

This seems like a pretty basic offering for an 11th anniversary offering. I mean in all likelihood it will be the exact same mission as the current tutorial just with tougher enemies. Is this a way for everyone to complete the Reggie mission? Will Foxbat's weapon locker have a helpful weapon? Will we be able to target the ships? I kind of hope it will have the original map with the pedestal in the water that has been blocked off for many years now. You know the deadend behind Griswold. Maybe it will be more than I am thinking it will be but my money says it will be the actual tutorial with modest changes. And maybe some kind of drop to entice us to actually run it.
Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.

Comments

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Admittedly repackaging the tutorial is a bit disappointing to see, though not surprising given the attention given to Therakiel and some other stuff this year, and probably development constraints due to extenuating circumstances.

However, the tutorial is one of the more visually polished parts of the game, and if they do a good job designing it to be as engaging and fun as some of the newer content, I'm willing to see how it goes. Of course, counting on some sort of new rewards table too.

It ain't the new content I was hoping for but we'll see how it goes, I guess. Definitely can't say I know anyone who's on the edge of their seat for it. :confused:
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    It's a re-re-repackaging the Tutorial.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • all i care about is if i'll be able to earn the one perk i missed in the tutorial on my main with this alert version...what do you want to bet they removed all the perk triggers specifically to piss people off?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Disappointing to hear that they are removing the blocking tutorial part. From running many cosmics it's clear to me that this is still a skill new to many players ;)

Maybe they can add a perk in to this mission that is completed after a player blocks 10x during this mission ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Disappointing to hear that they are removing the blocking tutorial part. From running many cosmics it's clear to me that this is still a skill new to many players ;)

Maybe they can add a perk in to this mission that is completed after a player blocks 10x during this mission ;)

I play several "older" games (>5yrs old) and I find it absolutely amazing how many players don't know the core basics.

On the one hand, it gives hope that "new" people are finding "this" game and trying it out. On the other hand, it seems that most are using some "rank me up NOW" item or just playing content without ever doing "tutorial" stuff and missing out on some good experience.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    This time we gonna save Reggie and 20 other Cats :grimace:
    warcanch wrote: »
    On the one hand, it gives hope that "new" people are finding "this" game and trying it out. On the other hand, it seems that most are using some "rank me up NOW" item or just playing content without ever doing "tutorial" stuff and missing out on some good experience.
    Or Dive right into alerts, ignoring all the Missions and Lore

and don't get to even build their characters​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • arblaquearblaque Posts: 158 Arc User
    I really hope it surprises me in the enjoyment and replayability levels. An Alert has potential to really make it interesting and add some unique 11th Anniversary drops and who knows. But I will wait and see if they give the "Key to the City" reward out again.
    Formerly known as NewAgeKnight in the Forums of old.