test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this possible? (Energy Builder VFX)

theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
I've seen this question asked over the years in CO but I can't remember the answers given but I recall the idea having good levels of support so here it is again:

Can we have energy builders auto rank up with us as we level? (Level 1-6, Level 20 & Level 40)

The VFX that Energy Builders have are usually very nice but are rarely ever seen or utilized in game. I'd never seen Kinetic Darts Rank 3 on a player until today and I was surprised when I tried it.

IF the increase in damage & energy building is deemed problematic, can we just have zero point advantages to make them fire with Rank 3 VFX's?

I think it would be nice for them to auto rank up and not consume advantage points since it is just a starter power, but I mostly would love to see actual Rank 3 VFX without having to waste advantage points on them...

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I always wanted the Energy Builders' visual to auto scale with the level TBH! Who the hell would even waste adv points for EBs those days anyway?
    IF the increase in damage & energy building is deemed problematic, can we just have zero point advantages to make them fire with Rank 3 VFX's?
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T!
    Zero Advs are a Huge TABOO due to the spaghetti code!
    Huge NO NO​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Would love to see this, or even just default all EBs to vfx r3 and get rid of the ranks entirely.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T!
    Zero Advs are a Huge TABOO due to the spaghetti code!
    Huge NO NO​​

hbwpRN.gif

But it "just" involves cloning the power right? :wink:

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    Would love to see this, or even just default all EBs to vfx r3 and get rid of the ranks entirely.

I vote for this. No reason to have changing VFX ranks when no one is wasting points on them. And since no one wants the Rank 1 effects, just make all the VFX rank 3.
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    I'd love to see this as well. There are some amazing R3 visuals that rarely see the light of day.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Now I want to rank up EB and see
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Very nice idea...

Alternatively why not make it meaningful to rank up EB? Right now it's a wasted design space.

IDK, give them some advantages at Rank 3:

Let them apply at 100% the main buff/debuff of the set, scale up the energy they provide, make them count as blasts/combo, make them provide small self heals, or something along these lines.

Or make them rank up as 1 point adv. Easy and affordable!