test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 8/13/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Nighthawk
For the next week this event will be active.
  • Added cutscene skipping option to Franklin Stone's Penthouse.
  • Added Blast Visor costume as the reward for completing the "Nighthawk: Blast Visor" mission.
  • Added Slitted Mask and Plate Guard costumes to the event store.
  • The Franklin Stone queue is now visible in the alert bar.
  • Added various vehicle mods to the event store.
  • Added Magpie Scout vehicle to the event store.
  • Added a flight speed boost effect to the Franklin Stone fight.
  • Updated the mission vehicles power layout.

Questionite
  • Added Sonic Boom and Micromunitions weapons to questionite store.

Powers
  • Adjusted sound on Mind Break, Mental Storm, Shadow of Doubt and Mental Leech.

Misc
  • Added Sidekick OVERRIDE to the fixer store to address an issue where some devices inherited the wrong level. You can trade in an existing device for one of the correct level.
  • Fixed a visual issue with the Ice Sword Laser Sword fx.
  • Fixed an issue where some become devices were using the wrong powers.
  • Added cloth material to the armor plate arm accessory costume.
​​

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Added various vehicle mods to the event store.
    Added Magpie Scout vehicle to the event store.
    Added Sonic Boom and Micromunitions weapons to questionite store.
    The AUDACITY! That's pretty Tone Deaf
    eb0.gif

At least this time an event got more than 1 new costumes in the vendor
    All the Visors are cool, but I'm not a fan with the Direction Events are going on with this year along the absent of Powerframe Revamps which are necessary for outdated/underwelming powers​​ and mechanics
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    We had a heavier focus on getting out content this year. Unfortunately, with how time consuming content is we don't have the resources to do powerset related stuff as well. We do aim to do more powerset stuff next year.​​
    edited August 2020
    We had a heavier focus on getting out content this year. Unfortunately, with how time consuming content is we don't have the resources to do powerset related stuff as well. We do aim to do more powerset stuff next year.
    I really appriciate the info! Thank You!
    In that case I'm really looking forward for next year 👀​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    No Fusion Week, again :(

But wait, there it is. Just a stealth Fusion Week.
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    How do we know if we have a Broken OVERRIDE Sidekick?

Are the Therakiel alerts/rampage still up?
    Are the Therakiel alerts/rampage still up?
    Therakiel Rampage Weeks ended​​
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Cool stuff, but where's my trade paperback week? :confused:

> @kaiserin#0958 said:
    > We had a heavier focus on getting out content this year. Unfortunately, with how time consuming content is we don't have the resources to do powerset related stuff as well. We do aim to do more powerset stuff next year.​​

I had a feeling this was the case. Happy for the info, even if I would have rather seen more work on the powersets this year. I hope we at least see some more touch-ups and little changes here and there like with frenzy, brimstone, and bad sector. Power changes go a long way for helping things feel fresh, so I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I'm looking forward to next year. ^^
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    The speed boost in the Stone alert will need some getting used to. Makes navigating a bit weird.
    edited August 2020
    The alert is SO MUCH BETTER without the Cutscene spam! Holy cow! Instantly 100 times better Quality of Life that happened this year! :D
    PSA the Skip Alert option is on your right, next to the vending machine! PLEASE VOTE FOR SKIP! It's a Blue Arrow hologram

Don't even pick a Vehicle, just grab a flying disc on the very left broken window! The Speed Up buff makes chasing and avoiding much better
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    . I hope we at least see some more touch-ups and little changes here and there like with frenzy, brimstone, and bad sector. Power changes go a long way for helping things feel fresh, so I think I speak for a lot of people when I say I'm looking forward to next year. ^^
    Except of Brimstone, the Lighting Rode ADV is not good puller, it has only 10 ft sphere pull, compared to all the other powers which have 20-25 ft sphere :unamused:

10 ft sphere pull is worthless, may as well just tap Brimstone to apply knockdown instead of getting into the trouble to apply negative ions

I'm all in for Crossover synergies, but this is very lacklusting!
    Everything else was good​​
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Nighthawk
    Powers
    • Adjusted sound on Mind Break, Mental Storm, Shadow of Doubt and Mental Leech.
    ​​

Mind Break Rank 3 appears to be completely unchanged as is the charge up VFX, I wish I had time to test this.

Rank 1 and Rank 2 sound better however, but the charge up VFX is still that of an energy weapon.

(Shadow of Doubt, Mental Leech and Mental Storm sound much better than they did!)

Any chance this can be looked at again please?
    How do we know if we have a Broken OVERRIDE Sidekick?

If it displays a level on the device that is less than your character's level.​​
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    LOVE the new alert with skip cutscene option. Fingers crossed Forum Malvanum gets the same treatment
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    LOVE the new alert with skip cutscene option. Fingers crossed Forum Malvanum gets the same treatment

And miss the "Glory Unending!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • tirelesswayfarertirelesswayfarer Posts: 17 Arc User

Misc
    • Added Sidekick OVERRIDE to the fixer store to address an issue where some devices inherited the wrong level. You can trade in an existing device for one of the correct level.
    • Fixed a visual issue with the Ice Sword Laser Sword fx.
    • Fixed an issue where some become devices were using the wrong powers.
    • Added cloth material to the armor plate arm accessory costume.
    ​​

Thank you for fixing the glow property on the armor plate arm accessory with metal material as well as adding cloth material!

edited August 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    No Fusion Week, again :(

But wait, there it is. Just a stealth Fusion Week.
    Carpal Tunnel Week

At least there is no point Fusing Vehicle Mods anymore :wink:​​
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    I made the mistake of doing Stone with my vehicle, I only ever use it for this alert really (and navigating the maps), and oh boy, are they ever useless now. Still I've very happy with the Cut scene skip. That was very nice.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    The provided vehicles for stone lab are so bad, they can't kill the healer fast enough to prevent their net damage over time to stone from being *zero*. If it wasn't so frustrating when everyone else in your alert hops in a vehicle, it would be hilarious.

Also, can we make cutscenes 'opt in' rather than 'opt out'? There's always that one person who ignores chat and doesn't click it, and they shouldn't be able to make everyone else suffer through the forever cutscene.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Having tested with a vehicle I also have to agree, they don't make the cut in this mission anymore. The damage is pitiful.
    edited August 2020
    This is why I keep suggesting everyone in Zone and Alert, DO NOT PICK THE VEHICLES!
    Vehicles in this Alert NERF YOU and will drag the fight
    Just use the Flying Disc given to you (left of the balcony, the big crate) with your own powers, no matter what level you are

3/5 people picked vehicle and the alert became slower because we didn't have enough DPS beside me and the Tank

As much I love the Skip Cutscene, when is the code gonna change to Flavour Majority of votes? The location of the option is easy to be missed by people with Tunnel vision as well

4/5 positive votes and we ending up watching the whole thing because of a single person, major flaw to this new system and easy to abuse by trolls​​
    avianos wrote: »
    This is why I keep suggesting everyone in Zone and Alert, DO NOT PICK THE VEHICLES!
    Vehicles in this Alert NERF YOU and will drag the fight
    Just use the Flying Disc given to you (left of the balcony, the big crate) with your own powers, no matter what level you are

3/5 people picked vehicle and the alert became slower because we didn't have enough DPS beside me and the Tank
    ​​

Try 4/5 and I was the tank. We failed because i couldn't solo him in time, since that was basically what i was doing. (Might have been possible on one of my beefier dps, but not a tank). I think i need to adopt a policy of just leaving if 3+ people get into vehicles.

Whereas if no one gets in a vehicle, he generally dies before he gets back to his penthouse's building.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    On a different note, we need perks for killing the Thugs. Mostly considering we could use a 5k-kill perk title named "Master Villain Default".
    BUG: Skip cutscene option doesn't always appear
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    So what happen to the mission progression discount with drifter?
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    So what happen to the mission progression discount with drifter?

kinda wondering that my self
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2020

If you go in 2nd time too quickly, it doesn't reset?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »

If you go in 2nd time too quickly, it doesn't reset?
    I think Kais said it has a timer and if you run back to back... yeah.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Anyone know if we'll have another Nighthawk before the end of the year when currency gets cleaned out? Last year we had one in the 2nd half of November. Just trying to figure out if I need to spend all my event currency now or if it's worth hanging on to for now.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Have to say I love the new option to skip the cut scene. Folks have been using it more often than not and I totally don't mind the occasional player that doesn't know or wants to see the cut scene. The speed boost for flyers is also really nice :)
    BUG: Twist Fate (Sentry spec) does not work with Rain of Steel (eb from dual swords)
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    BUG: Twist Fate (Sentry spec) does not work with Rain of Steel (eb from dual swords)
    Did it ever? Seems out of scope for this thread unless it's a new behavior. I assume it's because it's an area effect.
    Did it ever? Seems out of scope for this thread unless it's a new behavior. I assume it's because it's an area effect.

I have no idea when it broke. So maybe it's out of scope, but at least we know devs read these threads?

It's not just because it's AoE. Or at least Sonic Blaster with advantage works with Twist Fate.
    Please post bugs in the bugs section, it will have better visibility there.​​