test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Laser Sword modifications

okhayyinookhayyino Posts: 43 Arc User
Ok, I know that we can change the looks of our weapons, including the Laser Sword, in Taylor. But I saw people in game with a different hilt for the Laser Sword that looked a lot more like a Lightsaber.

So, I guess there are "skins" for Laser Sword that we can get besides the ones in Taylor. So, how can I see which ones are available and how to get them?

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    There are very, VERY VERY FEW costume unlocks for Laser Sword
    and it's hard to keep track where DEVs located them now because of the God Forsaken Paper Tradeback Gacha trash!

Keep in mind, weapons for Laser Swords only change the Sword's Handle, the Plasma Rod is tied with the powers' visuals and cannot be edited to change shape

Some of them are from events and NEMESIS Vendor, others in Zstore, other Stuck in Paper Tradeback, others in Lockbox Foil Vendor
    • Amazon Gladius - Amazon Armor Z-store
    • Cyber Katana
    • Dragon Fang
    • Falchion
    • Fantasy Style Sword 1
    • Gladius
    • Ice Sword (Christmas Event)
    • Laser Toothpick (Foxbatcon Event)
    • Light Crusher
    • Machene Horror
    • Morning Star
    • Sai
    • Therakiel Blade/Sword
    ​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • okhayyinookhayyino Posts: 43 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    There are very, VERY VERY FEW costume unlocks for Laser Sword
    and it's hard to keep track where DEVs located them now because of the God Forsaken Paper Tradeback Gacha trash!

Keep in mind, weapons for Laser Swords only change the Sword's Handle, the Plasma Rod is tied with the powers' visuals and cannot be edited to change shape

Some of them are from events and NEMESIS Vendor, others in Zstore, other Stuck in Paper Tradeback, others in Lockbox Foil Vendor
    • Amazon Gladius - Amazon Armor Z-store
    • Cyber Katana
    • Dragon Fang
    • Falchion
    • Fantasy Style Sword 1
    • Gladius
    • Ice Sword (Christmas Event)
    • Laser Toothpick (Foxbatcon Event)
    • Light Crusher
    • Machene Horror
    • Morning Star
    • Sai
    • Therakiel Blade/Sword
    ​​

Thank you for answering. There is any way for me to see how those looks like?

I'm almost sure it is Machete Horror, I remember asking a player that had it and the name rings a bell. How can I get this one???
    As far as I can remember, you can not and never could.
    We used to have informations on co-wiki about what and where to get costume unlocks.
    Now we've part of these informations with wiki but there are less players so it's harder to know what and where.

Note for the forum moderators : each time you'll ignorantly delete my post, I'll add a comment to count off your irresponsability.
    Note 2 : keep censoring, boys.
    Note 3 : each irrational censor express how hostile to the community, the moderator is.
    Note 4 : so I got a warning because informing about abusive censorship in this topic is twisted as off-topic by the moderator.
    Note 5 : this is some very persistant hostility, for sure.

Hm.. I think it was dropped in some box. I guess there is no way to find out which box neither, am I right?
    edited August 2020
    okhayyino wrote: »

I'm almost sure it is Machete Horror, I remember asking a player that had it and the name rings a bell. How can I get this one???
    Here you go, IT DOES look like a Traditional handle for a Star Wars Lightsaber now that I get a closer look to it

Machete Horror was part of the Bloodmoon event
    ekguu8v.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Here you go, IT DOES look like a Traditional handle for a Star Wars Lightsaber now that I get a closer look to it

Machete Horror was part of the Bloodmoon event
    ekguu8v.png​​

Yes!!! This is the one!!! What does that means? That I can't get it anymore?
    edited August 2020
    Well it's only available during Halloween for the Bloodmoon event, unless someone got it as a drop and got it sitting around (if it was possible drop)

Unless DEVs move it next year, I don't see it on Trade Paperback Vendor (yet)
    Well it's only available during Halloween for the Bloodmoon event, unless someone got it as a drop and got it sitting around (if it was possible drop)

Unless DEVs move it next year, I don't see it on Trade Paperback Vendor (yet)

This event happens every year in october? It looks like it was a drop from a box, there is some kind of box from this event?

What about the other hilts you posted? Can you show me a picture like you did with the Machete?
    edited August 2020
    This event happens every year in october? It looks like it was a drop from a box, there is some kind of box from this event?
    It was direct buy from the Event's Vendor if I remember well, could also drop from the Event bosses as well, not sure, i wasn't really invested on the event last year because it had only 2 new stuff
    What about the other hilts you posted? Can you show me a picture like you did with the Machete?
    Sure thing, here some quick (and sloppy) image previews
    Here some fast digging for availability as well
    • Sai, Gladius, Falchion, Morning Star and Fantasy Sword are available in NEMESIS Vendor
    • Dragon Fang Sword, Light Crusher GOLD VOUNCHER from the Trade Paperback Vendor (R.I.P) If you want any of that you gotta wait until DEVs enable the vendor so you can purchase tradeback bags with Questionite for a chance to get a Gold Ticket
    • Cyber Katana is now part of the Nighthawk Event Evend Vendor
    • Therakiel was take from PTS because there is no chance in hell I will ever get this sword to drop ingame
    JOcRRqw.png​​
    > @avianos said:
    > (Quote)
    > It was direct buy from the Event's Vendor if I remember well, could also drop from the Event bosses as well, not sure, i wasn't really invested on the event last year because it had only 2 new stuff(Quote)
    > Sure thing, here some quick (and sloppy) image previews
    > Here some fast digging for availability as well* Sai, Gladius, Falchion, Morning Star and Fantasy Sword are available in NEMESIS Vendor
    > * Dragon Fang Sword, Light Crusher GOLD VOUNCHER from the Trade Paperback Vendor (R.I.P) If you want any of that you gotta wait until DEVs enable the vendor so you can purchase tradeback bags with Questionite for a chance to get a Gold Ticket
    > * Cyber Katana is now part of the Nighthawk Event Evend Vendor
    > * Therakiel was take from PTS because there is no chance in hell I will ever get this sword to drop ingame
    >
    > (Image)
    > ​​

Tyvm. So this bloodmoon is certai to happen October this year? Im kinda a noob for this events and costumes things.

The cyber katana is the second best for what I want. So, nighthawk event vendor. Where do i find him and he sells the weapon skin directly?
    edited August 2020
    Tyvm. So this bloodmoon is certai to happen October this year? Im kinda a noob for this events and costumes things.
    I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with what month Halloween takes place
    The cyber katana is the second best for what I want. So, nighthawk event vendor. Where do i find him and he sells the weapon skin directly?
    When Nighthawk event is available, which is usually 2-3 times per year

I'm not sure, I'm not familiar with what month Halloween takes place
    When Nighthawk event is available, which is usually 2-3 times per year

I don't know why they don't let us get items that were already available in the past.

So, the Nighthawk vendor is not active right now? I have to wait for the event to occur? It seems it happened 23/04/2020 to 30/04/2020 already. We have to wait for it to happen again god know when (if it even will this year) and we have 1 week to get the items we want or else just next event?
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User
    Wasn't the cyber-katana one of those multiple sources pieces? I've had mine for too long to remember where I got it... but I do remember it wasn't from the NightHawk vender.

Maybe the collector or nemesis vendor?
    mordray001 wrote: »
    Wasn't the cyber-katana one of those multiple sources pieces? I've had mine for too long to remember where I got it... but I do remember it wasn't from the NightHawk vender.

It used to be from Questionite store until it wasn't​​

I coudn't find it in both. The Q store doesn't even have weapon skins..
    edited August 2020
    AS I SAID! DEVs moved them 1 year ago to Tradeback Vendors, Events and other vendors
    That's why there is no Costume category in Q store anymore

PTS and Patch Notes on the search state that Cyber Katana is now part of the Nighthawk
    I feel like I'm repeating myself now​​
    edited August 2020
    I don't know why they don't let us get items that were already available in the past.
    So you can be forced to log in on the game to play an outdated event with the same mechanics to get 1-2 costumes! YAY Recycled content :grimace:
    So, the Nighthawk vendor is not active right now? I have to wait for the event to occur? It seems it happened 23/04/2020 to 30/04/2020 already. We have to wait for it to happen again god know when (if it even will this year) and we have 1 week to get the items we want or else just next event?

You can always wait for the END OF THE YEAR, where they bring back all event vendors, the game drops all kind of event tokens (with abyssmal drop rates) and you get a daily to get Tokens of your choosing even day!
    Because after the new year and the end of Christmas Event, they are going to Reset all event currencies​​
  • mordray001mordray001 Posts: 218 Arc User

It used to be from Questionite store until it wasn't​​

Well ****. I probably should have remembered that nightmare of time.
    You can always wait for the END OF THE YEAR, where they bring back all event vendors, the game drops all kind of event tokens (with abyssmal drop rates) and you get a daily to get Tokens of your choosing even day!
    Because after the new year and the end of Christmas Event, they are going to Reset all event currencies​​

I see. Let me see if I got this right. Since I believe no one has machete horror nor cyber katana untouched in their banks, my options are:

- Wait for bloodmoon event to begin, probably in October, but that's not certain
    - Wait for Nighthawk event to begin god only knows when
    - Wait for the end of the year, where they bring back all vendors

Ok, I don't see that happening for a while. Guess I'm stuck with Gladius or Morning Star then. F***ing game...

edited August 2020
    WELL AREN'T YOU A LUCKY FELLA! Nighthawk on PTS, Which means its going straight to Live after maintance, tomorrow! Get Ready to farm for Cyber Katana :grimace:

Good Luck with farming, you have 1 week starting tomorrow
    thuNJce.png​​
    WELL AREN'T YOU A LUCKY FELLA! Nighthawk on PTS, Which means its going straight to Live after maintance, tomorrow! Get Ready to farm for Cyber Katana :grimace:

Good Luck with farming, you have 1 week starting tomorrow
    thuNJce.png​​

Holy ****. Lucky indeed. Ok, how do I farm this thing? If the week passes and I don't get it I'm going to break my computer.
    edited August 2020
    Holy ****. Lucky indeed. Ok, how do I farm this thing? If the week passes and I don't get it I'm going to break my computer.
    Are you not familiar with the events? You farm tokens from mobs (limited cap per day), the dailies and the Mission (3 days per character max then it stops dropping coins)

Just be aware that DEFENDER gives the dailies and not Lady Nighthawk

Anyway
    Screen_Shot_2017-04-05_at_2.58.07_PM.jpg​​
    Hey, I just want to thank you all for the help. I got my Cyber Katana, and maybe in October I can get the Machete Horror.