test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Backup! Liberty Guard Device

Just found out that all my Backup! Liberty Guard devices in my shared bank (that I was planning to sell at some point) have become BoP, when and why did this happen?

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Yes, I just noticed this yesterday when I was going to sell one. Another slime stealth move by CO.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Isn't the NPC Fixer's purpose to handle crap like this?...
    If it was intentional.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    Mine is gonna collect dust in my Hideout Bank now, I saved him for any possible future character who may want him for theme​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Just found out that all my Backup! Liberty Guard devices in my shared bank (that I was planning to sell at some point) have become BoP, when and why did this happen?

It was an error that they were BoE in the first place. It's a fix.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I had never noticed that it wasn't BoP, because rewards like that are always BoP unless someone makes a mistake.
    I had never noticed that it wasn't BoP, because rewards like that are always BoP unless someone makes a mistake.

This is true. As soon as I saw it was BoE I knew it was a mistake that would be fixed.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Or, maybe it was intentional, a sign that practices were changing. Since they don't often announce things it's all guess work.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited August 2020
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > Or, maybe it was intentional, a sign that practices were changing. Since they don't often announce things it's all guess work.

Oh I'm not guessing. A dev confirmed it was an error that they were BoE over on the unofficial Discord server.

Hence the fix.
    zrdRBy8.png
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    They could at least document this Bug and the Bug Fix on the OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS ONLINE FORUMS for everyone to see and be aware :expressionless:
    in terms like
    "Hey Champions, this item was never intended to be Bind on Equip, we gonna fix it next week! We apologize for the error and confusion"
    "PATCH NOTES: LIBERTY GUARD BACKUP! is now Bind on Pickup"

There have been a lot of Undocumented bug fixes and changes lately!​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    ^^^^ So much this. If they make ANY changes to the game they should report it on the OFFICIAL forum. Not solely on a player (Vexx?) created Discord channel.
    avianos wrote: »
    They could at least document this Bug and the Bug Fix on the OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS ONLINE FORUMS for everyone to see and be aware :expressionless:
    in terms like
    "Hey Champions, this item was never intended to be Bind on Equip, we gonna fix it next week"
    "PATCH NOTES: LIBERTY GUARD BACKUP! is now Bind on Pickup"​​
    JwLmWoa.png
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    (...)

There have been a lot of Undocumented bug fixes and changes lately!​​

The ninjas have taken over the patch notes.
    > @avianos said:
    > They could at least document this Bug and the Bug Fix on the OFFICIAL CHAMPIONS ONLINE FORUMS for everyone to see and be aware :expressionless:
    > in terms like
    > "Hey Champions, this item was never intended to be Bind on Equip, we gonna fix it next week! We apologize for the error and confusion"
    > "PATCH NOTES: LIBERTY GUARD BACKUP! is now Bind on Pickup"
    >

I absolutely agree with all of this. Most of all that the platform for communication by devs about anything that concerns player/customers by default should be the official forums and not an unofficial Discord server which is run by one of the official forum's moderators.
    zrdRBy8.png
This discussion has been closed.