test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 8/6/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Alerts
For the next week all Therakiel themed alerts will be running. These alerts can be found under the mission tab in the queue window.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause players to crash when in the private group window.
  • Added Statue wings costume as a possible drop from the Therakiel rampage.

Powers
  • Fixed beam scaling fx for Plasma Beam.
  • Adjusted hit sound on Laser Swords.
  • Fixed an issue where ranks 2 and 3 of Plasma Cutter were using the wrong fx.
  • Fixed a bug where the Draysha gas device was not hitting multiple targets.

Vehicles
  • Fixed an issue with Flashbang keeping players in combat.

Costumes
  • Updated Dragon wings to have skin materials.
​​

Comments

• tirelesswayfarertirelesswayfarer Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Costumes
    Updated Dragon wings to have skin materials.

Wow, that was fast. Thank you!

Edit: It even looks like you adjusted the wing connection points for the female models to be less bulky. Even better! This is wonderful.
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    Vehicles
    • Fixed an issue with Flashbang keeping players in combat.

Yay, my bike moves again! Thank you!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    From the news page, looks like the alerts will be around for a week. Are there any plans to bring these alerts back in the future? It's really nice to have these more accessible options to the lair, and the Therakiel Rampage is some of the most fun I've had in the game in some time! I would hate to not see it again for ages.

I understand that you guys have been very into the limited time stuff lately, but please consider a way to keep these alerts around more consistently. We could really use the extra content! :P

Also, please give us trade paperback week soon.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    From the news page, looks like the alerts will be around for a week. Are there any plans to bring these alerts back in the future? It's really nice to have these more accessible options to the lair, and the Therakiel Rampage is some of the most fun I've had in the game in some time! I would hate to not see it again for ages.

I understand that you guys have been very into the limited time stuff lately, but please consider a way to keep these alerts around more consistently. We could really use the extra content! :P

Why not just add the alerts to the alert rotation, and therakiel to the rampage rotation? (Bonus: I've heard you dislike how easy vigilance is, Kaiserin. You could add the alerts to the vigilance quest requirements).
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Fixed an issue where ranks 2 and 3 of Plasma Cutter were using the wrong fx.
    ? ? ?
    It's still broken, both on PTS and LIVE
    All Ranks of Plasma Cutter use are still using the attack animation from Dragon's Bite/Ego Blade Breach
    ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    > @squirrelloid said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Why not just add the alerts to the alert rotation, and therakiel to the rampage rotation? (Bonus: I've heard you dislike how easy vigilance is, Kaiserin. You could add the alerts to the vigilance quest requirements).

I would support this (bonus included). I just figured adding it to the rotation just wasn't considered for whatever reason.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where ranks 2 and 3 of Plasma Cutter were using the wrong fx.
    ? ? ?
    It's still broken, both on PTS and LIVE
    All Ranks of Plasma Cutter use are still using the attack animation from Dragon's Bite/Ego Blade Breach
    ​​
    That appears to be intended behavior.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    That appears to be intended behavior.

BUT WHY THO? Is it because the Skewer animation is bugged? I dream the day the Mystery Animator will adjust the darn Skewer
    So much from trying to Distiguished Laser Swords from Single and TK blades if you gonna give the same animations​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Heyas, it was a bug that Plasma Cutter was using HW's skewer animation, when we did the revamp years back we changed it to better match the flow of the rest of the set (apparently ranks 2 and 3 were missed!).​​
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    Can we get the Commanding Presence Advantage on Catastrophic Pummeling? Or more Ultimates in general? The Brick/Might framework is one of the most common Tank archetypes, but ONLY Unleashed Rage gets a Threat Advantage. What about Power Chord? Earthquake? Final Punch? Why don't these get a Threat Advantage? Final Punch and Catastrophic Pummeling have NO Advantage options at all besides rank 2 and 3. But for some reason something like Fractal Aegis, that random Active Defense Ultimate has a Threat Advantage for some weird reason when it barely even does any damage? What's up with that?
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User

Why not just add the alerts to the alert rotation, and therakiel to the rampage rotation? (Bonus: I've heard you dislike how easy vigilance is, Kaiserin. You could add the alerts to the vigilance quest requirements).

Vigilance is intended for level 20 toons. Please don't make it any tougher without addressing that fact.

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Vigilance is intended for level 20 toons. Please don't make it any tougher without addressing that fact.
    Special alerts are generally intended for level 25+ (that's when you get a nemesis), but even if you start vigilance at level 20, it's rather unlikely that you'll finish it before level 40 unless you're deliberately trying to take it slow, given that it takes 8 weeks...

A character is at level 20 for less than 30 minutes. I seem to recall being able to play the TT alerts (and without difficulty) with a level 20 too.

Let's be honest, outside of leveling content, pretty much everything is primarily played by level 40s, because it takes significantly less than 24 hours of play time to reach level 40.
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User

A character is at level 20 for less than 30 minutes. I seem to recall being able to play the TT alerts (and without difficulty) with a level 20 too.

Let's be honest, outside of leveling content, pretty much everything is primarily played by level 40s, because it takes significantly less than 24 hours of play time to reach level 40.

I agree with you, in theory. It's just that it seems like I'm in a vigilance alert with someone under level 30 all the time.

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Give Therakeil a daily that rewards 6GCR after completing it 3 times or so for level 40 characters. (My word are not set in stone) but with all the other things happening the grouping is often slow. (Or at least try that method to see how it may benefit the game) at least we may see it turned into a proper rampage.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    BUG: Supernatural Transformation is now using the wrong animation. (It's a dash to the side and reappear from the other side, now, whereas before it was a sort of howl pose).
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Costumes
    Updated Dragon wings to have skin materials.

Wow, that was fast. Thank you!

Edit: It even looks like you adjusted the wing connection points for the female models to be less bulky. Even better! This is wonderful.

the look is good, why is the back of wing membrane ski color?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters