test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible Moonstruck Moonlight ADV Issue

lyahlostherolyahlosthero Posts: 63 Arc User
edited August 2020 in Gameplay Bugs
I had Months ago been sitting on a Test Character for a Regen MainTank Build for Endgame + Cosmic Content with a lot of itterations, where i've found one that were well suited to do the job... with one big downside even noted by @gentlegiantvexx at that time.

Moonstruck, with Moonlight, is supposed to keep Regenerations Resistance at full 30% value and even add another 5% ontop of it. So far we noted that it does NOT keep the Resistance at its 30% Value instead seemingly let it also drop consistently lower. What I feel is that Moonlight does maybe give the 5% without being visible.

I will throw in two sepperate logs of me testing this morning, while performing poorly being too early for me to get back into my flow and do proper testing. Using dropbox to get em up and going so am able to get to Work in time.

these combatlogs are currently removed from dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tri6bm9aq8ae8aw/Combatlog_2020-08-06_05-00-00.Log?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0wjp8dsobe3dv6/Combatlog_2020-08-06_06-00-00.Log?dl=0
Post edited by lyahlosthero on

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Just to check, you are standing in the Moonlight field the entire time?​​
  • lyahlostherolyahlosthero Posts: 63 Arc User
    Entire Time, yes. Blocking also. Except when i did die. That's when i generally dont and mistime block and thus ate it full at whatever point Health i was. I would test on Dino as well as quality test.

Walk out of breath blocking, use moonstruck, block any incoming hit for testing. Try to maintain a good health, to test another hit taken. Should try again as protector sentinel with sentinel mastery for better results.
    If it helps in my Freetime if able, i will record my Gameplay on Test Server and narrate my doings.to show whats used when and post the associated combat log to it. So it comes together as should be and clears more possible errors.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The instances of taking higher damage seem to correspond to not blocking the hatchling's breath weapon and getting your defense debuffed.
    edited August 2020
    Its is WHY i aim to record my Gameplay to help iron out potential human error when analyzing those logs. And it aint the hatchling, but the mama herself in a solo effort on PTR.

I will record gameplay asap, record my narration to it to understand what i do, throw in my log for that day, upload it all here. Just to get 100% clear whats going on.

It may get large delays, as i do not have so much time currently to set up everything as wanted. Still will try to supply further evidecence and evaluation tools.
    edited August 2020
    Did record myself playing, ofcourse learned to MANUALLY enable combatlogs. So I may need to take another few Vids and have a log to boot at the ready when i do. Just trying to compile enough to use for sake of fixing potential bugs.

Please do save those Videos, I can not provide more and my dropbox already contains a lot of personal stuff I can't put elsewhere currently. And to ensure if they are disabled, these Vids can be reused anytime.

These Evidence Videos are currently removed from dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2hz9pqa20i73y7s/bandicam 2020-08-08 19-25-29-037.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/80ch96ty8rpg51r/bandicam 2020-08-08 19-59-06-629.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u57gcce3i28845s/bandicam 2020-08-08 20-09-27-966.mp4?dl=0
    So, I did some basic powerhouse testing (just set 5 man hard in powerhouse and let them beat on me without blocking). My normal damage resistance at full health is +145% (-59%), it increases to +150% in a moonstruck patch, and presumably it would drop down to +115% (-53%) at reduced health (I tested those values with powerhouse lasers; I took 611 without a rune, 600 with)

In my parse from the powerhouse, during the time I was in the rune (confirmed by seeing tics of healing rune) my damage resistance ranged between +143% and +157%. It did not drop below +143% and it was not affected by my overall health (I popped resurgence after they had me down at around half health; it didn't change net damage resistance; my resist did drop down to +124% when I had been knocked out of my rune and was at half health).

I suspect there's a timing glitch somewhere in the buff, accounting for the 143-157% range, but I did not see evidence for the +30% from regeneration being lost.
    edited August 2020
    Well you got to loose a huge chunk to loose the full 30% in the long term, and i will reshoot a vid with log within Teleios Ascendance (the Hard version where People usually go at endgame) to showcase another route. PH Mobs just do not do enough damage to eye more clearly IMO how hard they hit. And I just happen to have noted and wanted to show. Vexx had once reportet as much that Moonlight ADV wasn't working (at the very least on the Live Server while he tried).

While he has Moonstruck on Live, I however do not and took it to the PTR for my good old solo testing: Go up to the toughest Mobs I can tank or want to tank, and take it for a ride to see possible results. No matter the real issue however, always wondered why not just have some kind of buff applied by Moonstruck to Regeneration users which would indicate their Resist is heightened and maintained? Not sure how it would work with the Code, but to force constant timing checks of being within moonstruck could help in my thinking.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybsjd4h8v9ndzr3/bandicam 2020-08-09 07-44-54-135.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7obgwnx0enn7eu/Combatlog_2020-08-09_05-00-00.Log?dl=0

Had to remove temporarily two recordings to make space for those. Done real quick this morning but the feelings there somethings up with Moonlight adv and just feel it doesnt work right or at all...
    Yeah, not seeing anything there. During the time you were actually in the affected area (as measured by you receiving healing rune tics) your damage resistance was pretty consistently +157%. You do have extended periods when you aren't actually in the rune.
    edited August 2020
    Well I can't say I feel as equally tough when facing dino, where blocks are well timed and haven't gotten the debuff on me.

The one thing to note here, I actually WANTED to make a double measuring here: Some time within with and without block within TA Epic, so that both ends can be measured properly. Unless am crazy, or the hidden damage scaling is already going, on Dino it may have been long gone...

Just suddenly taking at LEAST 1k more damage then before from Dino (despite having the Rune up at the time) really makes me concerned if it actually works properly. It was same before, as talked about with Vexx on the discord, but never came to try it out.

Afterthought: Why don't we take the Time to test it on the PTR together @pantagruel01 ? So you can give live feedback mostly and monitor things as they proceed thus actually tell with whats seen and whats happened if there is some kind of error in place or not?
    Dino has extremely variable damage, possibly related to the movement of the baby; normal (non-frenzied) bite damage is about 120k (base) but moderately often scales up to around 200k and has been known to scale up past 300k (there's a hidden buff based on distance to the baby, but either there are table errors or it's possible to have multiple copies of the buff at the same time).
    Soloing Dinomom means no Baby present at any point of time and takes forever to get to it and struggle living once it happens. So take that part as surely seen as just that, the possible RNG of the bites itself. Still... offering to do a duo test so you can peacefully observe whats going on and make a better picture. Am really not a good tester <-<;