test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 7/30/2020

2»

Comments

• squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    A decently kitted-out vehicle with grav pulse and incendiary rounds was wonderful for clearing missions in leveling.
    There is a plausible argument for "You should actually play the character you're leveling up".

You can make a cookie cutter leveling build for every character, retcon at 40, and build the character you want right then. It's exactly like using a vehicle - its an effectively premade build that's good at leveling.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    A decently kitted-out vehicle with grav pulse and incendiary rounds was wonderful for clearing missions in leveling.
    There is a plausible argument for "You should actually play the character you're leveling up".
    You can make a cookie cutter leveling build for every character, retcon at 40, and build the character you want right then. It's exactly like using a vehicle - its an effectively premade build that's good at leveling.
    I actually make an effort to learn to play my builds while leveling them. This is in large part because I have 10 characters and they all have different themes and (mostly) different powers.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • misza666#5193 misza666 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Very nice changes, thank you kais
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    You know about the Quote ""It's not about the destination; it's about the journey" if you do, then Scrap it complety for CO's case
    After so many years and ALTs, the so called Journey is not worth it at all, it's about the Destination hitting lvl 40
    • Westside is nothing more than a back and forth Chore
    • Many builds (both AT and FF) don't function at all until they hit lvl 30 and 40 because of missing critical powers. Heirlooms Gear drags their builds more with the lack of CD and Cost Discount
    • The missions' design have been an outdated boring mess for years now!
    • It's all about Endgame and Farming for CO

Vehicles gave you an alternative way to speedrun, and they are an extension for your character! After a certain Level I didn't even need to use Vehicle's ammunition (besides fast traveling) because the character's build actually plays as it should be with some limitations

And before you suggest it, no I'm not touching GRAB alerts, spamming GRABS for XP all the time is mindless and deadly on low levels! Not to mention the sidekick to lvl 30 is definitely not helping​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited August 2020
    BUG?: Victory wings now scale with the "Wings (Insect)" slider instead of the normal Wings one
    If you see your character who used them before update having suddenly EXPAND WINGS than the value you have set, that's why!
    Was this change to different slider intentional?

Bug: [Blot Aura (Wings)] still doesn't work properly with Victory Wings​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    I actually make an effort to learn to play my builds while leveling them. This is in large part because I have 10 characters and they all have different themes and (mostly) different powers.

I'm at just under 60 level 40s now and counting. So, I often come back to someone from a while ago, and fully retcon them at 40, and learn the build just fine at that point.

What's different about that, than a speedrun with 2xp, exactly? If the character was parked for 3-4 years (and some have been) - there have been enough changes I *have* to retcon them anyway.

I really enjoyed my ability to go from 30 - 40 in MI in a few hours, thanks. It got me through to 40 quickly. For me, the FF character combinations ARE the majority of the content.

Then it's still a grind for OV gear and cosmic gear, but eh - DPS and heals are fine at 40 in mercs to score at cosmics to slowly earn the other gear.

Just means for the other slots I choose to get to 40, I'll be doing a standard leveling build, and parking them, and retconning to something else eventually. My choice.

At least with IR I could crank through the last 10 levels easily in one 4 hour 2xp, I'll probably be able to do that about as well outdoors with a good AOE build, so ... whatever, I guess.

There are plenty of easy AOE leveling builds. Just gotta pick one, and retcon at 40 anyway, instead of planning a build, occasionally alerting with it to get the feel for it as I go, and NOT having to retcon at 40 courtesy of vehicles.

I think I put, maybe, 20+ chars to 40 that way. So for me, an occasional fun activity to get another 40 to try a build idea is gone.

I'm not leaving or anything, but it's not exactly motivating me to push more 40s right now. It's up there with the "no more slot at 40" change for me.

Not apocalypse or anything. Just one thing that's now less fun.
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    nique554 wrote: »
    Ehh, people had bigger tantrums over subs being removed, this will also be forgotten in a few weeks.

It's this kind of mentality that gives the devs leeway to keep doing this stuff though. This community has a toxic hate for people that do better than oneself and celebrate whenever the devs screws better players.

Or put more simply by @aesica

BFftaLZ.jpg​​

I'm just stating a fact after seeing it happen more than a dozen times. *shrug*
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    Way back in Release Notes 12/11/2019 Kaiserin said...
    "Moved Cyberpunk to the High Noon event store."

Did this happen and I missed it? Is it being moved in a way other than with the event?
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Re- the harmon weapons. Kind of sucks, while the stacking is nice, the single use is a pain. I used them heavily, and just lost 2/3 of my uses. But more importantly, you gave Fire all weapons an 8:30 recharge. EIGHT MINUTES THIRTY SECONDS!?!?!?! That's a bit ridiculous! Can you give it a reasonable recharge? If you want to make it double of the power fine, but over 8x? Its not worth wasting the equipment slot on it any more.

And of course it was un-announced. Should have mentioned in in the release notes. I'm wondering what else changed under the covers.

And re: High Noon. Yeah, with nothing new in the store, no one is coming to do it any more. People are waiting hours to get a big enough group together. There is no incentive to do it. Give some reason for people to want to do it, please! Its one of the better Event/OMs that actually requires some team work and co-ordination. But its become the desert that it is place it now.

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Re- the harmon weapons. Kind of sucks, while the stacking is nice, the single use is a pain. I used them heavily, and just lost 2/3 of my uses. But more importantly, you gave Fire all weapons an 8:30 recharge. EIGHT MINUTES THIRTY SECONDS!?!?!?! That's a bit ridiculous! Can you give it a reasonable recharge? If you want to make it double of the power fine, but over 8x? Its not worth wasting the equipment slot on it any more.
    In fairness, it's an ultimate on a disposable, easy-to-get cracker jack device.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    HOWEVER, the key difference all those other games have with CO is that they introduce new costumes IN the event store in exchange for tokens from participating in the event, and NOT in a daily quest.
    I don't think the problem is the daily quest per se. I think the problem is that they actually made the new costumes easier to get (doing both dailies for 5 days gets me two costumes; in the old days that would probably be about 500 recog, so just one costume and change) and fewer in number (only 2 costumes).
  • doggepopedoggepope Posts: 30 Arc User
    Because of the relegation of this run of the event's new additions over to these meta-missions, and the removal of like two-thirds of the vendor's existing wares-- divided between unpredictable Open Mission drops and the Trade Paperback event in a 60-40 split, I assume-- I will only need to run ASCIIng for Trouble and High Noon at Snake Gulch ten times between two characters to walk away with everything I want. If I weren't senselessly chasing the Archetype, I would only be doing five.

As for what can't be gotten at Belle Steele, I can spend a couple hundred G, usually paid in full by what I find at the Open Mission, and not have to lift a finger more.

Which works out great for me. Don't get me wrong. However, I can imagine it not going so well for players who come late or are active outside US primetime hours (or don't have the resource cap increase and thousands to spend on costumes), already dependent on factors difficult to control to accomplish their objectives, who must now deal with events trending towards being more optimal to do less of them.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Seems like they gave up on trying to create significant amounts of new costume pieces and other goodies for events. There are only 5 old costumes in the HN event store now and I have all those I want. The only devices are vehicles, which have been nerfed. Also, titles, for which I have no use and since I am LTS the Archtype is of no interest. So, the only point is to do the 2 dailies 5 times and spend the tokens on ascii mods in case I ever make another muni build.

Of course it doesn't help that they have HN running at the same time as the new Rampage.

I think I only leveled one character out of 63 (pure healer with no attacks) by using a vehicle and the 2x XP bonus. I tend to level up by just playing the content, which I don't mind. Provides a break from the smallish amount of end game stuff that is of interest.
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Since vehicles have been nerfed why even bother with this? Who will want weapons and mods that are pointless?
    Vehicle Powers
    [*] The cost to remove vehicle mods and weapons will be dramatically reduced for the next week.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • spikeydoo422spikeydoo422 Posts: 55 Arc User
    Why would anyone want to grind events for worthless vehicles now? Why purchase one from the Z-store? So I get to fire a shot and then run away for 10 seconds until my weapon comes off cooldown? I spent a lot of money on vehicles, upgrade tokens, weapons, and mods, and for what? I know that your small circle of friends disapprove of vehicles, but does that mean that you simply ignore everyone else's opinions? I would like a refund for all my vehicle/vehicle-related purchases.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    All I see is people getting really mad because they saw a vehicle exploit and over paid to have it. Now are trying to cokes the devs into making back some sort of money of this change. It was very retarded how a 1 player could come in with a vehicle, spam 1 button and just blow large mobs away with one shot.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    edited August 2020
    Cries about not being able to over solo mobs with a single device on an mmo. Instead of playing with a buddy. The whole idea of people thinking that is how the game is meant to be played deludes me. The way I see it is no one really gave a jacks plank about vehicles before this change
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    edited August 2020
    All I see is people getting really mad because they saw a vehicle exploit and over paid to have it. Now are trying to cokes the devs into making back some sort of money of this change. It was very retarded how a 1 player could come in with a vehicle, spam 1 button and just blow large mobs away with one shot.
    Cries about not being able to over solo mobs with a single device on an mmo. Instead of playing with a buddy. The whole idea of people thinking that is how the game is meant to be played deludes me. The way I see it is no one really gave a jacks plank about vehicles before this change

You really don't know what you even talking about if you think this is the reason people are Upset with this massive NERF

Pretty Ignorant statement to make if you don't have Knowledge of the bigger picture​​
    edited August 2020
    If there is an event vehicle that I like and that fits a theme I will still grind for one as an extra travel power. That's what I use the vehicles I have now for mostly anyway.
    Why would anyone want to grind events for worthless vehicles now? Why purchase one from the Z-store? So I get to fire a shot and then run away for 10 seconds until my weapon comes off cooldown? I spent a lot of money on vehicles, upgrade tokens, weapons, and mods, and for what? I know that your small circle of friends disapprove of vehicles, but does that mean that you simply ignore everyone else's opinions? I would like a refund for all my vehicle/vehicle-related purchases.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited August 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    If there is an event vehicle that I like and that fits a theme I will still grind for one as an extra travel power. That's what I use the vehicles I have now for mostly anyway.
    That's something I tend to do but cut it down because most of the Vehicles are boring ugly recolours anyway
    Which reminds me! Oops i forgot I wanted the horse vehicle for a character from high noon, oh well maybe next time, its not important anyway or anymore!

Post edited by avianos on
    edited August 2020
    > @avianos said:Same
    > Pretty Ignorant statement to make if you don't have Knowledge of the bigger picture​​
    +Think I just about nailed it
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Hello there! I owned my vehicle for years before the glitch occurred and spent thousands of Globals to buff and swole it up over time. It was essentially like another character or powerset at that point, and afforded a different and unique way to play the game that wasn't just "wade into a mob of enemies and hold the same ranged damage button or mash the same melee damage button," which was very refreshing after doing hours of just that. I am upset because Kaiserin's reaction to the bug that happened only a few weeks ago, NOT the years I owned my vehicle for, was "the shower got slightly too hot, I'm going to fix that by twisting the knob so hard in the 'cold' direction that it breaks off in my hand." And now I am being punished and my (reasonably expensive) vehicle set-up is being de-valued for no better reason than an overreaction. Don't assume that everyone who's upset was in it for the glitch, I actually didn't know about the glitch until a good two days before vehicles were "fixed" with the nerf. Additionally, "spam one button and just blow large mobs away with one shot" also happens to be what the vast majority of my freeform builds (and most well-made DPS freeforms) can do and are built for, so... might as well ban freeforms next? Sweeping damage reductions across the board maybe because they hit "too hard" (which is subjective anyways?) I dunno.

See the above statement. Everyone liked vehicles to varying degrees before the glitch. Then the people who DIDN'T have a vehicle were "omigod I need one NOW!" while the people like me who had them for years before were like "huh, well that's a thing, wonder when that'll get patched." Now, the only people who AREN'T upset by this gross overcompensation are the salty kiddies who could never quite afford to put together a decent vehicle (or knew how) and are now spitefully and relishing out of schadenfreude the fact that other people had anywhere from hundreds to tens of thousands of Globals worth of their items devalued horribly, when if this had happened to them they'd be crying and complaining just as loud as we are if not louder. But, ahh, I feel like my response is going to fall on deaf ears given those statements.

I'm going to add this: people would respond the exact same way to an entire powerset being nerfed into the ground because one power performed "too well" when too well is entirely subjective, as that power wouldn't be able to carry truly difficult content like Therakiel, the roaming Cosmics, etcetera, and would only look snazzy on a parser or let someone get the highest score on an OM scoreboard or the likes. It's nothing like that old Draysha glitch (to this day, I still wonder how that thing worked) that'd let people have glitched Draysha devices that'd boost their damage by millions of percents and let them one-shot things with hundreds of thousands or even millions of health. Something like that NEEDED to go. Vehicles were not broken like that. Vehicles were atrocious for PvP and anywhere from 3/10 to 8/10 at PvE depending on how they were built, with huge weaknesses like "can't block" and "can't be used indoors (and thus for most mission instances)" that helped keep them from being the ultimate end-all fix.

*Edited to fix a tiny grammar whoopsie!
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    I find the changes interesting, and wonder if they will ever revamp some of the lower missions and add some new options to leveling lower up to 30 other than the same crap i have ran like 50 characters through that now i can do it in my sleep and i don't read anything any more and just go through it like a bull in a china shop on acid.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    *reads up on the latest "updates" to the game I dropped like a hot potato over a year ago*
    *backs out of the thread and decides to stay away another year*

good job devs /sarcasm
    edited August 2020
    Brimstone
    Now knocks up on full charge. Knock down still occurs on less than full charge.
    Disorient chance now scales with charge and rank.
    New Advantage (2): No longer Disorients, but has a chance to Stun targets. Chance is guaranteed if target is affected by your Clinging Flames. Expires your Clinging Flames and applies Negative Ions in its place.
    New Advantage (2): Applies Aegis. Foes affected by negative Ions are knocked towards you.
    SO THIS POWER IS FREAKING AWKWARD TO USE
    Brimstone has 10 Foot Sphere, the range alone makes the Pull effect limited and having to apply Negative Ions with either Brimstone itself or some other electric power (Ball Lightning)
    Since No other HW power has access to Negative Ions! 🤨

People, including myself, overhyped this adv over nothing! Needs better range and support if Negative Ions gonna be included in HW 🤨​​
    Post edited by avianos on