test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sidekick System - Nemesis Expansion Idea

kingpin0000kingpin0000 Posts: 68 Arc User
edited March 2020 in Suggestions Box
Nemesis Spoilers Ahead...

Requirements:

- Reach level 35. (Because you've got a new TP & you're finally feeling legit.)
- Defeat your first nemesis. (Final Mission)

Start Mission:

At level 35, you get an email from [insert champion] about new heroes looking to become your sidekick after you defeated & locked up your first nemesis. You meet [champion] in Renaissance Center near the new Sidekick Terminal/Database (replaces the 2nd Nemesis Terminal found in RC) and they have you interact with it to create your ideal sidekick.

Just like creating a nemesis you select a power framework(preset) & color, followed by a role(Tank, Healer, or DPS) & a personality type such as such as Boy Genius, Loyal Soldier, & Rebel Ward which all simply decide flavor text (different ways of saying the quest related dialogue), then design their costume as you would your own or a nemesis.

Note: Sidekick roles would in theory work the same as roles do for players: by giving boosts and/or reductions to values like threat generation, damage, & healing. Ideally, all of the power frameworks would come with a generic support heal or two. Something like "First-aid Kit", a Gadgeteering power that applies a HoT on an ally or self while temporarily increasing damage resistance.

Once you've created your new sidekick, as expected, some incident or crisis breaks out & the two of you are the only heroes nearby. You meet your new sidekick at the location where you must figure out working together on the fly while stopping the bad guys & rescuing civilians. It would basically play out like the first nemesis mission you get. You get a meet up scene where your sidekick introduces them-self & comments on getting to work with you. The two of you then focus on the mission. Your sidekick will say personality related stuff about meeting you and working with you as you fight just like normal NPC dialogue.

After you've completed the mission checklist & saved the day you get a cut-scene in which your sidekick mentions how something doesn't feel right about the situation & how they don't think it's really over. They decide to do some investigating on their own & will inform you of any leads by email so you can investigate the case together. Ultimately, the investigation will reveal the involvement of your old nemesis (randomly selected from those defeated) & Dr. Destroyer's Legion of Villains. New missions would ideally work more like Serial Story Missions, wherein you complete the mission then must wait a set amount of hours before receiving a new notification email about the next mission.

Rewards:

- Nemesis Tokens
- Call Sidekick command. (Summons your created sidekick. Access it from right-clicking your hero image. Same sub-menu that lets you change costumes & go to your active hideout.)

*This sidekick would work the same as a controllable pet. No time limit & won't take up a device slot or power slot, but causes increased energy cost & reduced energy generation. Also, you can only have one at any given time. Like with your nemesis, you can edit your sidekick's power framework & color, costume, and current role at a Sidekick Terminal/Database. Upon completing the entire quest-line you can also dismiss your current sidekick from the Sidekick Terminal/Database allowing them to move forward as a full-fledged hero (possible cut-scene), then create a new sidekick, or just choose to restart the quest-line with your current sidekick.

Final Mission Reward:

- Unlocks Ultimate Power use for your sidekick. (Accessible via Pet Hotbar. Each power framework option you're given when creating your sidekick would have a preset ultimate.)
Post edited by kingpin0000 on

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    That'd be cool. Similar suggestions have been made in the past and so far all we've gotten are the premade sidekicks.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I want a system that gives my sidekick his/her/its own Nemesis.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    That or re-costume sidekicks? well, the humanoid ones anyways...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    What? Sidekick nemesis? Are you crazy?
    If this ever happens, it would certainly be the thing some will love to hate and hate to love.

*looks at her Foxbat sidekick suspiciously* "No way, you'll spawn minions in my missions!"
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    I do not know how much money is generated by sidekicks in lockboxes and/or the C-Store, but I can not imagine that Cryptic would want to cut into that by just giving everyone a 100% customizable sidekick for free.

If this was just some extra layer to some new serial they release down the line then whatever... Up-and-coming hero needs help from your more experienced heroic self. You design their look and select their base powerset (with role listed so you can adjust your choice accordingly) and then when you run those missions they become an uncontrolled NPC that is along to help. Maybe they even re-use that hero in a later serial or mission or whatever.

But for them to say "hey, you know those sidekicks that we have been selling? Forget about them, because now you can make the ultimate sidekick for your hero"? I don't see it happening.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    What they should have done is instead of making sidekicks. Make powersets so you can customize your sidekick, like AT but for sidekick.
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    I would love a personal sidekick... But at level 10 or 5. Level 35 is way to high. I wouldn't mine buying it in the Zen store ;);) But Cryptic hates us so that will never happen.