test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Avenger Mastery barely works with Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper

doggepopedoggepope Posts: 32 Arc User
d714146687adf4a9a7e0453a773f69a2.png

iU06lWi.gif

An apparent sanity check to prevent Avenger Mastery from recognising more than one critical hit from area-of-effect attacks causes Avenger Mastery to interact badly with attacks which connect multiple times regardless of context - such as Bullet Ballet, Typhoon, Ego Blade Breach, Rimefire Burst, or most conspicuously, anything which triggers Onslaught Gloves of the Sniper.

The lattermost case is where the Mastery becomes difficult to use at all, leaving me at the mercy of the universe whether back-to-back-to-back criticals from AoE or single-target powers yield a single proc.

yE1nPjR.gif

Comments

• doggepopedoggepope Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    After some consideration, it's probably fair enough that a multi-hitting power by itself only counts as one critical hit, so that "regardless of context" claim was not correct.

The gloves are a continuing issue, although they might still cause an interaction with multi-hit powers. Tapping Typhoon at 51% critical chance with Onslaught Burst proccing over the top, I didn't activate Avenger Mastery until my 17th crit.