test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20200711.15 - Misc Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,091 Cryptic Developer
Therakiel Alert
  • Eye Beams now hold up to 3 targets, but only the main target is damaged. Players must free the other held targets.
  • Fixed a bug where the Divine Mirror did not work.

Vehicles
  • Fixed a bug where the Healing Drone would wander around.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where ranks 2 and 3 of Firesnake were not properly pathing.
  • Fixed a bug where the Endless Void advantage could be dodged.

Bullet Ballet
  • The third hit is now a pbaoe.
  • New Advantage (2): The Root and Stun chance are now guaranteed while affected by Furious.

Brimstone
  • Now knocks up on full charge. Knock down still occurs on less than full charge.
  • Disorient chance now scales with charge and rank.
  • New Advantage (2): No longer Disorients, but has a chance to Stun targets. Chance is guaranteed if target is affected by your Clinging Flames. Expires your Clinging Flames and applies Negative Ions in its place.
  • New Advantage (2): Applies Aegis. Foes affected by negative Ions are knocked towards you.

Tear Down
  • Advantage (2): Applies charged up for a short time when attacking targets.

Frenzy
  • Now a pbaoe. Cost has gone up to account for this.
  • New Advantage (2): Expires 1 stack of bleed on targets. For each stack expired heals you.
​​

Comments

• Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Tear Down
    Advantage (2): Applies charged up for a short time when attacking targets.
    BOOO! BOOO I SAY! No Restoration ADV and its a 15 sec power >:( :-1:
    God Damn it! I don't want to use the bloody stupid chains for Restoration
    That's all? All this trouble for a 25 feet range and 15 second Lunge?
    Brimstone
    Now knocks up on full charge. Knock down still occurs on less than full charge.
    Disorient chance now scales with charge and rank.
    New Advantage (2): No longer Disorients, but has a chance to Stun targets. Chance is guaranteed if target is affected by your Clinging Flames. Expires your Clinging Flames and applies Negative Ions in its place.
    New Advantage (2): Applies Aegis. Foes affected by negative Ions are knocked towards you.
    Ha! I wanted Synergy with Electric and HW and this is pretty neat first look
    More like this please
    Frenzy
    Now a pbaoe. Cost has gone up to account for this.
    New Advantage (2): Expires 1 stack of bleed on targets. For each stack expired heals you.
    I liked and used Frenzy before it was cool :sunglasses:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User

Brimstone
    • Now knocks up on full charge. Knock down still occurs on less than full charge.
    • Disorient chance now scales with charge and rank.
    • New Advantage (2): No longer Disorients, but has a chance to Stun targets. Chance is guaranteed if target is affected by your Clinging Flames. Expires your Clinging Flames and applies Negative Ions in its place.
    • New Advantage (2): Applies Aegis. Foes affected by negative Ions are knocked towards you.

I have to say, it's quite surprising Brimestone is getting all this buff out of the blue. Real nice buffs too especially the stun, knock up and aegis. Now peeps with HW+Elec concept will enjoy Brimstone more.
    Tear Down

Why? Why "Charged Up"? I know you already said you won't add Open Wound before but of all the possible buffs, why Charged Up? Would probably been better if it's Restoration
    Frenzy
    • Now a pbaoe. Cost has gone up to account for this.
    • New Advantage (2): Expires 1 stack of bleed on targets. For each stack expired heals you.
    ​​

Another surprise since it became pbaoe. Feels like the heal has an internal cd but mobs in Battle Station die too fast to make sure. It would be neat if other combos like Frenzy got the same pbaoe treatment. Like Beatdown for example, it's animation is perfect for being pbaoe since it really wail your arms around.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    It's not too late, you can still give Tear Down a Restoration ADV ಠ_ಠ

Don't you think giving a Lunge of all things, Charged Up, is conterproductive
    What is this power even trying to achieve? Its not meant to be for DPS, only for utilities, and it still lacking​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Some pretty neat changes there, though I would suggest giving Brimstone's Lightning Rod adv the treatment that was given to Sword Cyclone and Havoc Stomp's pull-in advs, where the radius of the pull-in is larger than the normal AoE. A pull-in effect doesn't matter as much when you're already w/in 10ft of the targets.

Bug: sometimes Fire Snake w/ the Fiery Path adv will not follow the player around after being initially summoned. This may be due to being it summoned when further out and when not on the initial target's aggro list, but I am not entirely sure there.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    I have to agree, Brimstone's Lightning Rod is extremely ankward to use and overcomplicated compared to Sword Cyclone and Havoc Stomp
    Doesn't help that you need to get Both ADVs on the power to get both Negative Ions transformation and the Knock into effect!
    Unless more Heavy Weapons get Negative Ions​​
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Tear Down
    Last I checked, Charged Up doesn't do anything (or if it does, the effect magnitude is too small to detect).
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I actually really appriciate those random Power Buffs and updates, especially since we haven't got a proper Powerframe revamp since forever! More of those Mini buffs please! MORE OF THESE!~

SUGGESTION: Tear Down a Restoration ADV!
    For the Love of God, give it Restore tiger-11.gif
    Brimstone
    Now knocks up on full charge. Knock down still occurs on less than full charge.
    Disorient chance now scales with charge and rank.
    New Advantage (2): No longer Disorients, but has a chance to Stun targets. Chance is guaranteed if target is affected by your Clinging Flames. Expires your Clinging Flames and applies Negative Ions in its place.
    New Advantage (2): Applies Aegis. Foes affected by negative Ions are knocked towards you.

Ok what I was afraid of actually is happening
    Bug: Brimstone - Thundering Roar is causing Clinging Flames to convert into Negative Ions even when Negative ions already exist on your target
    This is pretty easy to mess up consider Clinging Flames became main part of Heavy Weapons and Archetypes using it!
    SUGGESTION: Make Brimstone - Thundering Roar to stop converting Clinging Flames as long as the targets hit by it are already under Negative Ions
    There should be a limitation to prevent the ADV from sabotaging it's own powerframe

SUGGESTION:Please consider giving more Heavy Weapon powers ADVs and Utilities with Negative Ion

I would love to see a +30% Bonus against Negative Ions, like Annihilate has with Scorching Blade
    and as it stands right now, FIRE is the only powerframe which has synergy with almost everything​​
  • Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Brimstone changes are neat, looking forward to testing them out.

Frenzy changes are long overdue. It's been virtually the same as shred for ages now. Always felt like it could be the pbaoe Bestial lacked.

Thank you for the small power tweaks. Are there any plans on the horizon for full powerset reworks? Been almost a year since the last one.
This discussion has been closed.