test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fire Healer

phazeunphazeun Posts: 35 Arc User
Hi everyone! It has been a while since I've asked for advice, but here I am! I am looking to try my hand at a more unconventional support character, and would like to experience a fire healer. From what I hear, the set seems to gather a bit of controversy on it's effectiveness and I wanted to gather everyone's input. Here is what I have so far! This is intended to be an Endgame support/healer, but I'm wondering how to truly realize this with this set.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
v3.43:35

Super Stats
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Midnight (Dex: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 9: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 12: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 18:
Level 21:

Powers
Level 1: Throw Fire
Level 1: Fireball (Illuminate)
Level 6: Smoldering
Level 8: Hearth (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Fire Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Fire Snake (Trail Blazer)
Level 17: Pyre (Rank 2, Burning Sun)
Level 20: Incinerate (Rank 2, Rank 3, Burninator)
Level 23: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Nova Flare (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Thermal Reverberation
Level 32: Resurgence
Level 35: Rise From the Ashes (Spreading Flames)
Level 38: Fiery Embrace
Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

This... is looking a bit rough. I am not too familiar with the fire set at all. So a few quick questions!
  • How am I looking on SS? I understand that Smoldering procs off of Rec instead of Pre, so should I switch it up to Rec/Pre/Dex? Or something else?
  • Is it worth it to include Thermal Reverberation? I had an extra power slot, and thought why not?
  • SOS! I am unsure of what my specializations should be.
  • What would a recommended rotation be to maximize potential healing?
Any and all help/input would be wonderful. Thank you!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I may use Pres PSS still, even if your main stat is Rec for Smoldering, cause the tree is still quite strong for healers. Maybe take a PRE/Rec/Con SS setup (or trade Con SS for Dex SS, if you want to focus more on output).

TReverb I'd prob still include, esp since it demands no adv points as an EU. You could still cut it, but only if you find that your energy is normally okay w/o it.

I'd prob take Iniquity as your main ally heal (likely replace Nova Flare w/ it). It's HPS potential is still very high, and Pres PSS's Selfless Ally can help mitigate the self-dmg it does by a good deal.

Your specs can be Sentinel, and then w/e else you want to shore up: Sentry for more defensive support, Protector for pure self-defense, Vind for more of an offensive approach, Gaurdian for a mix of self-defense and offense, or Overseer for a mix of support and offense. It's kinda up to you there.

Also, If you don't mind bending the theme a bit, you could take Muni's Incendiary Grenade (w/ both special advs) instead of something like Firesnake, since it can also debuff for Fire dmg and apply CF, but on a shorter cd. Firesake is still okay for CF and debuffing- it just has a notably longer cd to work with.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • phazeunphazeun Posts: 35 Arc User
    Thank you for your speedy reply, Flow! I just have a few follow up questions if you don't mind.
    flowcyto wrote: »
    I may use Pres PSS still, even if your main stat is Rec for Smoldering, cause the tree is still quite strong for healers. Maybe take a PRE/Rec/Con SS setup (or trade Con SS for Dex SS, if you want to focus more on output).

So if I keep Pres PSS, do I then stack Pre? Or would I just used it for the spec tree and stack Rec instead based off of my form? Alternatively, if I am taking Pres PSS, then should I then just trade Smoldering for Compassion and switch to an aura passive? (Pending aura changes; I'm sure this may change in the near future.)
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Also, If you don't mind bending the theme a bit, you could take Muni's Incendiary Grenade (w/ both special advs) instead of something like Firesnake, since it can also debuff for Fire dmg and apply CF, but on a shorter cd. Firesake is still okay for CF and debuffing- it just has a notably longer cd to work with.

I would prefer to keep fire snake as it fits the theme a bit better; Incendiary Grenade sort of throws of the theme I am going for. Is there another power that you would recommend in it's place? Maybe Wisp w/ advantage? But then I would lose the debuff, ofc.

Sure thing.
    phazeun wrote: »
    So if I keep Pres PSS, do I then stack Pre? Or would I just used it for the spec tree and stack Rec instead based off of my form? Alternatively, if I am taking Pres PSS, then should I then just trade Smoldering for Compassion and switch to an aura passive? (Pending aura changes; I'm sure this may change in the near future.)
    No, you don't really have to stack Pres here. Your main stat doesn't always have to be your PSS stat- but as long as that main stat is still at least a 2ndary SS'd then you're generally gtg. Pres can still be okay to boost bonus healing and the small healing aura from the passive (at least for now), but Rec would be your main toggle/form stat w/ Smoldering.

Ofc, Compassion can also be fine to work with. The playstyle may be a bit different, since the proc conditions differ between the toggle/forms, but you could also just main Pres then (Rec can also scale up Compassion, but Pres also has the innate heal bonus). It's up to you.
    I would prefer to keep fire snake as it fits the theme a bit better; Incendiary Grenade sort of throws of the theme I am going for. Is there another power that you would recommend in it's place? Maybe Wisp w/ advantage? But then I would lose the debuff, ofc.
    Yea, Firesnake can still be fine here. Wisp is good too, and it can put up Illum on allies w/ Guide (Fireball's adv iirc only goes on enemy targets), but yeah then you lack a Fire debuff (which not the biggest deal for a non-dps, but it can be nice to have). Flashfire can be okay too- no debuff on it, but does do good dmg per cast and will always apply CF at least initially. So, you have a good few options to consider for the extra ranged CF apply (and potential Fire debuff).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • phazeunphazeun Posts: 35 Arc User
    Okay, awesome! With all of that in mind, here is the "finalized" build for review to ease my nerves I am not making a mistake with something. I decided to go with Overseer, just to help buff my team's damage a bit and why not? It's something new. I added in Iniquity and swapped Firesnake for Wisp w/ both advantages. Other than that, I think it looks good? I don't really see a difference between using Firestrike versus Fireball, tbh. Unless I am just missing something crucial in the tooltip.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 18: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Throw Fire
    Level 1: Fireball
    Level 6: Smoldering
    Level 8: Hearth (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Thermal Reverberation
    Level 14: Fire Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide, Ghost Fire)
    Level 20: Incinerate (Rank 2, Rank 3, Burninator)
    Level 23: Pyre (Rank 2, Burning Sun)
    Level 26: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Resurgence
    Level 35: Rise From the Ashes (Spreading Flames)
    Level 38: Fiery Embrace
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Heroic Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
    Overseer: Administer (1/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (3/3)
    Overseer: Honor (2/2)
    Overseer: Conservation (2/2)
    Mastery: Presence Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Well, Fireball has higher base dmg and also has a splash AoE component, while Firestrike is cheaper and is Fire 's only 100ft ranged attack (but is pretty weak dmg). If you have the Wisp for Illum and don't mind relying on Pyre for upfront AoE, you could potentially cut Fireball, and then maybe re-sort the build and use that open slot for something else (like adding back in Firesnake or w/e).

Also, you don't necc need to get R3 in both travel powers (could save 2 adv points by ranking just one), but it does kinda depend on how often you'd use either.

Regardless, Here's how I may tweak your current specs:
    Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Honor (2/2)
    Overseer: Conservation (1/2)
    Mastery: Presence Mastery (1/1)

You could change some of the options around in Overseer, though I'd keep Administer and Ruthless maxed out, for a healer. Iniquity can't crit, but Absorb Heat at least can, so those options in Sentinel could still be okay.