test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20200711.13 - Therakiel Rampage

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
Rampage: Therakiel
  • Added new Rampage alert featuring Therakiel.
  • While this rampage is active, all rampage tokens can drop as a reward with slightly increased chances of dropping from other Rampages.
  • The cooldown for the initial token drop resets after 20 hours.

Notable changes from lair version:
  • 10 players can take part.
  • Damage from Therakiel's sword attacks and ranged blasts can be split with up to 2 players.
  • Increased charge times on Eye Beams and Glory abilities.
  • Reduced rank and lower level enemies.
  • Invocation of the Void deals less damage, however more spawn.

Rampages
  • Questionite reward stops occurring after 3 runs (from 5), but the amount for the first 3 has increased.

Vladic Dracul
  • Fixed an issue where the Cursed Blood ability would reflect back and forth with the Spark Shield device.

Misc
  • Added Victory Wings costume to the debugger store.

Powers
Aura of Arcane Clarity
  • PTS changes have been reverted, further changes will be coming at a later date!

New Power: Bad Sector
Laser Sword
  • Creates a field that roots targets and has a chance to apply Plasma Burn.
  • Advantage (3): Applies a scaling shield while standing in the field.
​​

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Keep in mind this is staying roughly in line with other rampages, this isn't intended to be the same sort of difficulty as the lair (level 35's can queue for this).​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    So, the 4 new alerts are leading up to a final boss that is easier to defeat than the 4 alert bosses? Seems a bit backward if that's what is being said.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    The cutscene is going to play every time because getting 10 random people to all vote before rushing in is not going to happen. Unless the default setting is that it won't play and people can vote to enable it.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2020
    Currently it's set up to stop playing at 5. There are also 2 points to get the prompt, once next to Caliburn and once directly on the door leading to Therakiel.​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    So I suppose there is now way with current code to make the Alert Cutscene skip mechanic favour the Majority of votes!
    because as it stands right now In the regular 5-TT alerts, 4 players can Vote to skip and the game will still play it because 1 single player didn't vote and it's not 5/5

Now Imagine the annoyance with 10 players... yeah, if the code can't be work to favour the Majority of votes this will be an issue

I have to say I really like this Approach with the TT Redux and introducing all the bosses as alert versions as well, giving new challence and giving players a first impression!

10-man Therakiel Fight was something I really wanted! I just wish we could be able to form 10-members teams in regular Therakiel Temple as well, that would be fun Raid and nobody would be left out! :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Happy to see the delay on the aura rework. I hope some more consideration goes into balancing that. I understand wanting to adjust the amount given, but the numbers that were previously on the PTS were phenomenally low. Thank you for taking time with it! Please be careful with it moving forward. :)

Love the idea of the new rampage, and I'm excited to try it out!
    edited July 2020
    Laser Sword
    Creates a field that roots targets and has a chance to apply Plasma Burn.
    Advantage (3): Applies a scaling shield while standing in the field.
    Hey look here! We finally have access to the TECH Rune circle Cybermind and his Minions are using 👀
    LdpL9QA.gif

Consider me fan of this power, both DPS and Tanks can get a lot of mileage and Theme variety out of it!
    Honestly was expecting to see this Rune on Gadgets first​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Laser Sword
    Creates a field that roots targets and has a chance to apply Plasma Burn.
    Advantage (3): Applies a scaling shield while standing in the field.
    Hey look here! We finally have access to the TECH Rune circle Cybermind and his Minions are using 👀
    LdpL9QA.gif

Consider me fan of this power, both DPS and Tanks can get a lot of mileage and Theme variety out of it!
    Honestly was expecting to see this Rune on Gadgets first​​

Equally surprised to see it in Laser Sword of all places, but I guess since Cybermind uses a laser sword, and it's his rune...?

Nonetheless, I'm happy to see us finally able to use it! Was expecting it to be a bit more supporty with the shield adv, but it works fine as a utility/defense power at least. Very cool! Hope we see more tech support powers like this in the future, an area sorely lacking in the game. :)
    edited July 2020
    Oh, which reminds me I forgot to post

BUG: Bad Sector is currently using the Ice Cage audio!
    I suppoce this is place holder for now since it's using Ice Cage summoning animation as base but still, Ice shattering audio on a Tech power​​
This discussion has been closed.