test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 7/16/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2020 in Release Notes
Alerts
Vladic Dracul

This alert will be available for the next week!
  • Added Jagged Sword and Vladic Dracul Chest layer, Hips Layer and Boots costumes as potential drops.
  • Added Cursed Aura as a potential drop.
  • Added New Shadows Gang War permanent device as a potential drop.
  • Added new perks for completing this alert.

Key differences from the lair version:
  • Longer charge time on Bite and Condemn.
  • Longer charge time on Blood Curse, fewer targets affected and less damage applied to players.
  • Vladic heals for less if players fail to block Bite or Condemn.
  • Bats have reduced health, damage, and healing and are summoned less frequently.
  • Cages have reduced health.

Lairs
Vladic Dracul
  • Fixed an issue where players could get trapped in a cage if they got too close to one while another player was trapped.
  • If the fight resets all players in the boss room will now be ported outside of the Vladic's door.
  • Fixed an issue where Vladic's Blood Curse did not always apply to players.
  • Increased the charge and activation time of the Blood Curse ability, as well as giving it a distinct charge fx.

Events
  • The Patriot event vendor will stick around for one week.

ZEN Store
  • For the next week the Stars Tights costumes set can be claimed for free in the store.

Red Winter
  • The Victory boots will be a permanent addition to this alert's reward table.

Lemurian Invasion
  • Fixed a display issue with the required number of citizens to rescue.

Missions
  • Adventure Pack and Comic Series daily missions have all been adjusted to be doable once per 20 hours (as opposed to 4 times per 24 hours).
  • Increased Questionite reward for completing these.

Costumes
  • Fixed a bug where the Goth Shirt was not unlocking as an option for the Goth Jacket 2 on the female avatar if you unlocked both.

Powers
  • Fixed a bug where Shatter was using other player's chill stacks to calculate its damage. It should only be using Chill stacks you applied.
  • Fixed a bug where Agate's Chill stacks did not count as the player's.
​​

Comments

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Noice
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • mynx#5889 mynx Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    The Forum Malvanum queue pops up with four X and loads a single player in as if they were a full team. While I do appreciate the vote of confidence in my abilities, this might be an issue if it continues.

EDIT: Timed rounds are definitely a no-no for solo play, the others were tedious but fine, I guess.

EDIT II:Queue "functioning normally" now.

(BUT..please make the MI and Lemuria crisis queues work like this! If people want to do them as a team ,they can team up then queue)
    Post edited by mynx#5889 on
  • maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    So Save the Earth is just being skipped entirely so that everyone's Vigilance queues will be off by one and not able to be completed for another month and a half?
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Seriously ? StE skipped from rotation ? I'm unhappy about that :/
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    We will likely turn on StE once the Therakiel alerts go off of rotation.​​
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    Where did Save the Earth go?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Of course there is no reason not to turn off FM and turn on StE during an emergency patch to night.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnefuchsspinnefuchs Posts: 10 Arc User
    We will likely turn on StE once the Therakiel alerts go off of rotation.​​

in the meantime we won't be able to finish vigilance, so we won't be able to start next cycle and will miss next 2 or 3 weeks of progress
  • jenniferloganjenniferlogan Posts: 44 Arc User
    Regarding the Vladic Dracul alert; if a character dies in a cage, then self-resurrects using 'Triumphant Recovery', there is no orb underneath the cage and no way to release said character. Unclear if the self-resurrect occurred during the fight, or after a wipe.
  • oh there's the star tights!!

Thank you!!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Are we not going to address the insane drop rate on a Once a year drop? Do the rarity qualities mean nothing?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Are we not going to address the insane drop rate on a Once a year drop? Do the rarity qualities mean nothing?
    It's not once a year any more.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    It's not once a year any more.

You mean the victory boots will drop from RW all the time? What about the emblem?

Or is the patriot event going to be multiple times per year?
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    The Victory Boots will drop from RW all the time now.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Thats just messed up then.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    Oh wow another guy who has massive hit points and killer attacks and have to chip away at and oh no i got one shotted and now i am out of the encounter. I think i will just wait and buy the things i want from this and let others grind until insanity sets in.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    So, today we have Cybermind, not Forum Malvanum? Will we get a different alert tomorrow?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    So, today we have Cybermind, not Forum Malvanum? Will we get a different alert tomorrow?

I called it!
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Yeah, hope we get also get another round of FM somehow, because I'm totally ****ed up now to end my Vigilance rotation.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Vlad alert bug: you can jump into an empty cage, and get stuck in a cage
  • jenniferloganjenniferlogan Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Regarding Vladic's Blood Curse; when I, as main tank, get it there is a constant and extremely rapid stream of 1's in damage. To the point where the game nearly seized up (I had the combat log enabled). I suspect this is due to Spark Shield resulting in a damage ping-pong with Vladic, but haven't been able to test it yet.

Without combat log enabled the stream is still there but didn't noticeably affect performance.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Regarding the Vladic Dracul alert; if a character dies in a cage, then self-resurrects using 'Triumphant Recovery', there is no orb underneath the cage and no way to release said character. Unclear if the self-resurrect occurred during the fight, or after a wipe.

On top of that, I got stuck inside the Cage above the coffin because I jumped and somehow ignored the cage's collision, before even the battle begun Got trapped inside for the rest of the fight​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Regarding Vladic's Blood Curse; when I, as main tank, get it there is a constant and extremely rapid stream of 1's in damage. To the point where the game nearly seized up (I had the combat log enabled). I suspect this is due to Spark Shield resulting in a damage ping-pong with Vladic, but haven't been able to test it yet.

Without combat log enabled the stream is still there but didn't noticeably affect performance.
    I've also seen that and also when using spark shield.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters