test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 7/9/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2020 in Release Notes
Patriot Event
  • Added Victory Hips Layer and Leg Accessories to the event store.
  • Added Victory Boots as a possible drop from Red Winter.
  • Added Victory Emblem as a possible drop from enemies.
  • Added Fireworks Display, Canadian Fireworks Display and Patriotic Fireworks Display costume transformations as potential drops from enemies.
  • Added Impulse Archetype to the event store.
  • Added perks to unlock them on your account when you unlock them on 10 different characters.
  • New Mission: Complete Whiteout 3 times. Rewards the Victory Shoulders costume.
  • New Mission: Complete Resistance 3 times. Rewards the Victory Greaves costume.

Alert: Baron Cimetiere
  • This alert has been extended for 1 week.
  • Fixed a bug where the lockout for this alert was not working.

Sidekicks
  • Loyal Sidekicks can no longer be discarded.

Powers
Sparkstorm
  • New Advantage (2): Chance to apply plasma burn.

Electrical Current
  • Bad Wiring advantage: Fixed a bug where this advantage did not always work properly.

Feral Rage
  • Fixed an issue where this power's chance to apply bleed didn't always apply on ranged abilities.

Arrow Assault
  • Fixed a bug where the secondary hit on this power applied more than once.

Cerebro-Stimulator (Device)
  • Fixed an issue where this power continuously applied an fx when using charged powers.

Costumes
  • Fixed a texture issue with the right side Victory bracers.
  • Fixed a clipping issue with the male version of these bracers.
  • Fixed a display issue with the female Victory side accessory.

Whiteout
  • The Roinesh General now has a chance to drop a new costume transformation.
  • Fixed an issue with the Roinesh General sliding in the episode 5 cutscene.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    > @kaiserin#0958 said:
    > * Added Tempest Archetype to the event store.

The Tempest was in the event store during week 1...Will we be getting another archetype in the event store for this event or only the Tempest?

Glad to see Adventure Packs getting a little love.
  • historiphilehistoriphile Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Ok, I would have understood doing the adventure packs once for a reward. But three times each?! On the same character, no less.

Once would be fun. Twice gets boring. Three times is just grind for the sake of grind..
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I don't know what it is about this event, but it's spawned absolutely zero original gameplay compared to the others. For a once a year event, rather than getting cosmic fights, open missions, or new things, it just gets Red Alert and one of the worst fetch quests in the game. And rather than actually add something else, now we have to do even more existing content.

Granted I'm okay with encouraging APs, I don't think this is a good way to do it. Repeating them on the same character is dull. Normally, I'm pretty understanding of how difficult it can be to make new content with a small team, but this just feels lazy. Please consider a better solution in the future. The patriot event deserves better than this, even for just 2 weeks a year.

I do like the bug fixes though, so keep that up. :P
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Where are the stars tights? :(

They were removed from the zen store so I was not able to buy them, and they are not in this event. Literally waited a whole year for them, and they're not even there anymore.

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    subjust wrote: »
    The Tempest was in the event store during week 1...Will we be getting another archetype in the event store for this event or only the Tempest?

Sorry..Impulse was added!​​
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    > @kaiserin#0958 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Sorry..Impulse was added!​​

Very nice! Thank you
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Ok, I would have understood doing the adventure packs once for a reward. But three times each?! On the same character, no less.

Once would be fun. Twice gets boring. Three times is just grind for the sake of grind..

Just did ONE run of whiteout, took an hour, and Resistance takes even longer. That doesn't seem at all worth the effort.
  • tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    Well, I dropped all of my Patriot Celebration quests today. I had been doing the dailies in hopes that something would be added this week that would be worth my time. Unfortunately for me there is absolutely nothing on the event store that I find even remotely interesting.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    You don't need to do the three AP runs in one Event. Just do it once in a Event. Doesn't feel like a grind when theres few months between.
    I may have been a bit sarcastic with this comment....
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    How does one turn the Mission in to Liberty Guard after he leave his position?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • kronarg#8777 kronarg Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Patriot Event
      Whiteout
      • The Roinesh General now has a chance to drop a new costume transformation.
      • Fixed an issue with the Roinesh General sliding in the episode 5 cutscene. Until he hits a ramp, at which point he will return to sliding again
      • You and Justiciar will still enjoy the sliding action whilst escaping from aboard Mechanons Ship, Weeeeeeeeeee!
      ​​

Fixed the notes for you :-)
      Post edited by kronarg#8777 on
    • mafa1inmafa1in Posts: 35 Arc User
      Did today's patch fix the new issues with Therakiel's Temple fights not properly resetting?
    • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
      flyingfinn wrote: »
      You don't need to do the three AP runs in one Event. Just do it once in a Event. Doesn't feel like a grind when theres few months between.
      Patriot event is once per year and most likely the missions reset after it ends.
    • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
      What did today's patch do? No notes.
      JwLmWoa.png
      Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
      Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
      jaazaniah1 wrote: »
      What did today's patch do? No notes.
      Probably fixed the bug where bosses in TT weren't resetting properly on a wipe.
    • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
      edited July 2020
      I appreciate giving more attention and life to Comic Series/Adventure Packs but Whiteout has some glaring issues which should have been fixed before making this mission released to Public

1. Roinesh whips suffer from the same issues with Cowboys' lassos! Ignore knock resistance and even worse there is no Cooldown! During the final Chapter this becomes comical since you can get Knock-locked to death!
      2. The Final Boss gets attack visuals and auras which scale with his body size, causing frame rate issues and lag unless you manipulate a camera corner where he is not visible
      3. After completing the Final Boss and interactive with the artifact, there is a chance the Mission won't complete, having to do the Final chapter again

EDIT: oh yeah I forgot!
      4. Roinesh's Lunge Knock down the player BEFORE finishing the animation ​​
      Post edited by avianos on
      POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
      edited July 2020
      Surely they do testing before making these missions as main obstacles of an once a year Event.
    • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
      Resistance is about 2 hours per run, supposeing you don't have any bugs that stalls it out
      Whiteout is about 1 hour per run, supposing you don't have any bugs that are game ending or stalls it out
      so that's about 9 hours CO expects someone to put into the game in their free time not counting the normal daily missions, and the rewards aren't really that good looking, the shoulder pads in particular are ugly. This is some really sad work IMO.
      edited July 2020
      Can we get the actual Victory Greaves that the item picture shows as a 3rd option.
      Now we got the separate kneepad and the greave.
      Aaand...the kneepad seems to be bit too high on knee....
      Post edited by flyingfinn on
    • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
      These drops are too rare for an event that is half a month and once year.
    • bryn#2792 bryn Posts: 1 Arc User
      Ok as it has been a few days and I can't find anyone who has said they have gotten the Victory Boots as a reward from Red Winter. One has to ask if something is wrong with the "drop chance" for them.
      It only took me an hour or two to get the Victory Emblem, and I could do that doing missions not the same alert we have already been grinding for patriot tokens for a week when the new stuff was added.
    • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
      What's the drop rate for the boots? If these are a Patriot event only drop, they seem ridiculously rare.
    • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
      Even the emblem seems too rare; I have yet to see the boots or the emblem even on the auction house. They're like, Overalls rare.
    • ravynfallenstarravynfallenstar Posts: 43 Arc User
      So, some insight into farming for shoes and emblem... it took me 8 hours of farming prison with gravity pulse/zone switching to get emblem... not so bad, but bad enough to warrant criticism. Now the boots... drop rate is ridiculous!!! I cannot stress this enough. I've been farming Red Winter constantly for 3 days now (almost 300 runs). days 1 and 2 I farmed on one character for event store reasons. Got 1 or 2 AFs on day 1, got nothing on day 2... now i'm on day 3 and using the 3 runs then alt method. Got 3 AFs... to put it bluntly, this is crap.
    • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
      Feels like the resistance thing and rare drops should of been added in the first week. And I also feel like some these event drops only drop for 3-5 people though out the entire event. Its just way to rare. It's like the overalls all over again.
      nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
      Too add I was already tired of farming after week 1 then they tell me to do adventure packs and grind for an impossible drops is a no no.
      nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
      edited July 2020
      And are these drops going away once the Event ends?
      And if so, why?...
    • ravynfallenstarravynfallenstar Posts: 43 Arc User
      just got victory shoes... 327 runs of red winter
      Maybe in next set, they finally learn where the actual knee is....
    • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
      edited July 2020
      The problem with DirectX11 has always been that the normals on many textures are inverted or otherwise not loading properly.
      BAKiAQ5.png

The patch of road to my right there is just plain black, no textures. There are textures all over the place that look like that.
    • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
      So, 2000 teleioclones, 1500 Bureau 17 Robots, some number of bleak ones (and various other kills), 3 runs of both Resistance and Whiteout, and several hundred Red Winters... I've gotten a grand total of one of the new drops (a patriot transform).

What's the point of once-a-year event drops that are so rare, basically no one can get them?
      So that they come back next year even more determined?.....
      :#