Install Arc

FC.31.20200711.5 - Vehicle Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2020 in PTS - The Archive
Alerts
Vladic Dracul

Added alert version Vladic dracul.
Key differences from the lair version:
  • Longer charge time on Bite and Condemn.
  • Vladic heals for less if players fail to block Bite or Condemn.
  • Bats have reduced health, damage, and healing.
  • Reduced damage from Lifelink.
  • Cages have reduced health.

Lairs
Vladic Dracul
  • Fixed an issue where players could get trapped in a cage if they got too close to one while another player was trapped.

Vehicles
  • Removed vehicle specific resistance bonuses from Qliphotic Warzone enemies.
  • Vehicle Mods in PTS store for testing.

Incendiary Rounds
  • Added a resistance debuff effect to this power. Scales with rank.
  • Updated damage to scale with your critical chance.

Toxic Rocket
  • Added a perception debuff cloud effect to this power.
  • Updated damage to scale with your critical chance.

Micromunitions
  • Added a cost reduction buff effect to this power. Scales with rank.

Plasma Beam
  • Increased chance to critically strike the longer you maintain this power.

Strafing Barrage
  • Added chance to knock down targets.

Sky Command
  • Added travel boost effect. Increases the speed of flight and vehicles while on this map.
  • Added vehicle boost effect. Increases damage output of vehicles while on this map.
  • Reduced first wave timer to 5 minutes.
  • Added defeating Mega Destroid as a win condition for the mission.
​​

Comments

• qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    The Decoy Drone act like that before the update, which isn't surprising. The CD for many of the big hitters made them so worthless. I would like to take 5 second out of gravity pulse but that wouldn't happen. Micromunition got a much deserve buff, but this isn't saying much.
  • saruro1994saruro1994 Posts: 9 Arc User
    23:33] [Combat (Self)] Your Incendiary Round deals 7 (96) Fire Damage to Nightmare Demolisher.

I mean at this point for all I can tell, vehicles are just a vanity travel power that some of us put too much time/money into modding and making decent. i could go over the other weapons but atm a vehicle is almost as good as a become to lvl up with the difference that you can take a become to and alert that is already the better way to lvl up,

Honestly with the way that vehicles are atm there is no point on them even being a thing, for traveling quicker? Well team teleport/ren cent tp/Irwin to go to cosmics are a thing.

For aoe damage? Devices with a decent build are just a better option by far.

A vanity item to do malvan racing? Well yeah sure. . .
  • echokoumoriechokoumori Posts: 31 Arc User
    the vehicle buff within the Sky command change felt underwhelming for the damage boost
    while the speed for the Vehicle boost was astounding.
    Although with the buff on damage for vehicles within sky command it wouldn't really do much for the mega destroid fight, as player DPS would be favored over the small Damage boost on vehicles

perhaps increase the damage output the buff can give to vehicles to be able to be on par for the mega D fight?
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User

Bug
    Toxic Rocket
    • Can stun enemies higher ranked than master villain.

• terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    Bug
    Reload
    takNgSc.png
    • Won't activate when you're low on energy currently which can usually happen after being hit by a energy drain effect or you use it all with a maintained weapon system power for some examples.
  • Here's a cool idea for a Vladic future alert.

Make him transform into a monstrous bat in a two part fight. You can include in a Transylvania expansion
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2020
    FC.31.20200711.6 Minor Update:
    Fixed an issue where Vladic's cutscene would play every time you enter.
    Added Dark Armor costume unlocks to the Therakiel alert pts store.​​
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    [*] Added travel boost effect. Increases the speed of flight and vehicles while on this map.
    [*] Added vehicle boost effect. Increases damage output of vehicles while on this map.
    [*] Reduced first wave timer to 5 minutes.
    [*] Added defeating Mega Destroid as a win condition for the mission.
    [/list]​​

This is HUUUUUGE

• morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    So instead of boosting vehicle damage numbers back up to something halfway sane, you just added minor secondary effects to a few vehicle powers.

This is not okay.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    So, even with the bugged Heavy Cannons that don't need to charge right now on live (seriously, when did that break), my vehicle still does less sustained dps than my character does (because of energy management issues), even in LI with AoPM ~doubling my vehicle's energy pool. About the only thing vehicles on live do well is kill trash mobs, which wouldn't seem to be a problem from any sane analysis.

Fix the 'doesn't need to charge' bug (or give these things a cd), but leave the damage alone, and everything would be fine.

Also, nerfing the crap out of vehicle weapons only to buff them in SC is... i don't even have a word for how bizarre and backwards that is. It's terrible game design, and it's also immersion breaking. (These destroids get mowed down, but hte very same weapons struggle to kill destroids in MC?) And despite this contrived and convoluted way to improve vehicles in SC, it's still not enough to make them better than (or even competitive with) just using regular powers.
This discussion has been closed.