What this guide is going to provide:
- a quick reference guide for each boss fight in Therakiel's Temple.
- information on what most players find challenging so that you can adequately prepare.
- if you have a team member who is new to a given boss fight, copy the image link for the fight and paste it into chat to give them a quick overview of key mechanics and tips on how to handle them.What this guide is *not* going to provide:
- advice on how to speedrun the lair. This is for players who are new to the fights, not for people trying to figure out how to make it take 15 minutes instead of 30 minutes.
- build advice. The challenges are laid out in the guide. How you address them is up to you. Evaluate the problems and consider the tools available to you given your themes. Then make a few simple decisions with your team at the start and go for it.Who this guide is for:
- players that are doing TT for the first time
- players that enjoy meeting challenges with a large variety of builds
- players that are fine with dying and enjoy the process of learning
My hope is that this will make it easier to share mechanics with team members that are new to a given boss fight by letting someone quickly copy/paste the image link for a given boss into chat instead of typing out explanations.
LINK: tiny.cc/therakielbossQuestions to answer before you walk in:
How will your team deal with Valerian’s mobs?
How will your team deal with Fang’s giant army of mobs at the end?
How will your team deal with the Baron’s Congos at the end?
How will your team deal with Vlad’s bats?My team’s answer to all of the above has generally been one of the below:
Use crowd control and then kill them with moderate AoE DPS
Kill them all with overwhelming AoE DPSMust haves:Resurrect power or device.
You’re going to die. A lot. It’s ok. Just expect it for your first run.AoE DPS.
The mobs must die one way or another eventually. Having one single target attack and using the rest of your power slots for buffs might be meta at cosmics, but that is not the case here. Have a strong AoE in your build.
Know what killed you.
When (not if) you die, look in your combat tab and check for what attack or mechanic killed you. Figure out how it works or ask around so that you don’t die to it again.Nice to haves:Threat wipes for DPS.
The bosses tend to either wipe threat or put the tank in positions where they cannot attack. The DPS need to wipe threat.
The mobs hurt. Having a mix of AoE knockups and strong stuns is a great way to give the DPS enough time to clear them out.More HP and general toughness.
If you go in for your first run with your most squishy character and you’re not paying attention, the mobs will tear you apart like a wet paper bag. Give yourself time to react and room to make mistakes by slotting for more CON and more defense. This applies to Tanks, DPS, and especially Healers.Personal note:
The people who tell you that you can only do this with meta builds are flat out wrong. The lair is being done and has been done with a wide variety of builds. Melee, ranged, hybrids, petmasters (yes really), healers that do damage, DPSers that CC, tanks that heal, ATs, etc etc.
In fact it’s hard to think of passives and powersets I have not seen TT be done with.
With a little coordination with your team about how you will handle the mobs and mechanics of the fights, you can do TT in an hour with just about any powerset. Why do I say that? Because others are already doing it. If you have time and patience, there's no reason why you can't do it as well.