test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Decided to come back after a hiatus...

And find that all 30 of my characters are being held ransom behind a paywall telling me to either buy them back individually or lose ALL OF MY HARD WORK ON THEM. All that time perfecting their freeform builds down the toilet...

Or Pay a whopping $340! That's an entire freakin console's worth of money. I can get a nintendo switch for that and still have enough left over to go grab dinner afterwords.

At this point I wish that the people behind this were just honest with me and emailed me a giant middle finger instead. Wasted all that time running the patcher for this?!

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    You could have saved your self much aggravation by searching the forums first. That would have told you all about this. CO considers that you were only "renting" those characters since you were month to month, not life time. It's kind of like you stopped paying your rent or mortgage and so were thrown out of your home.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    also how much money would you have had to pay to keep up monthly sub all this time?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    Eh, I sympathize, but it's not Cryptic's choice, you want to send your anger somewhere I'd recommend aiming it at Perfect World Media.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    The price for a LTS on sale is $175. There might be a sale on the LTS next month. Regardless, I would just recommend making one character an AT and see if you still want to invest in the game.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    The OP has a completely valid reaction. The removal of the subscription and the resulting "locking" of all FF characters was a very major and controversial change, and not something that should be dismissively hand-waived away when people are understandably upset by it.

Yes to people currently playing this is a dead horse by now, but to someone who hasn't been playing and just wanted to try out the game again it's a pretty rude awakening and a major turn off to ever actually coming back.
    Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg