test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 7/2/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2020 in Release Notes
Patriot Event
For the next two weeks this event will be running!
  • Updated Fireworks temp devices to provide additional bonuses.
  • Updated perk icons related to this event.
  • Added Victory bracers to the event store.
  • Added Indy Kid sidekick to the event store.
  • Increased the effectiveness of Inspiration and Energize effects (+5% from +3%).
  • Increased the amount of event currency gained from the Red Winter Alert and daily missions.
  • The amount of event currency greatly diminishes from completing the alert after 3 runs.
  • Removed Valiant emote from the store, added it as a drop from enemies.
  • Added a account perk for collecting the Valiant emote on multiple characters.
  • New Mission: Complete the Freedom Isn't Free mission 10 times. Rewards the Backup! - Liberty Guard device.
  • New Mission: Complete the various fireworks missions 5 times. Rewards the Victory helmet costume.

Lockbox
The Goth & Glam Lockbox has been released!

New in this box:
  • Corrosive Pit power unlock
  • Dark Ascension Costume Transformation
  • Super Jump Costume Transformation
  • Double Facepalm Emote
  • Goth Costume Box

Goth Costume Box:
  • Goth Hair 1
  • Goth Hair 2
  • Goth Necklace
  • Goth Jacket 1
  • Goth Jacket 2
  • Goth Shirt 1
  • Goth Bracelets
  • Goth Belt 1
  • Goth Belt 2
  • Goth Belt Accessories
  • Goth Pants 1
  • Goth Pants 2
  • Goth Boots 1
  • Goth Boots 2

Alerts: Baron Cimetiere
This alert will be in rotation for the next week!
  • Added 5 different Voodoo Doll auras as a possible drop.
  • Added Twisted Axe and Feather shoulder costumes as possible drops.
  • Added Summon Sovereign Sons Gang War permanent device as a possible drop.

ZEN Store
Fixed a bug where the Cryptic Anniversary Pack did not grant the "Cryptonian" title. If you already claimed the pack logging into the character will retroactively grant the title.

New Victory Key Pack
  • 20x Keys
  • Victory Armor Costume
  • 25x Qwyjibo's Fury mods. Boosts Fire damage.
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

Questionite
  • For the duration of the Patriot Celebration the Railgun vehicle power will be available in the Questionite store.

Powers
  • New Power: Corrosive Pit
  • Infernal Ultimate.
  • Available in the Goth & Glam Lockbox.
  • Deals damage in a area effect, chance to apply Deadly Poison and Noxious Poison. Also snares targets.
  • Advantage(2): Applies Debilitating Poison to all affected targets.

Vehicle Powers
Railgun
  • Fixed an issue where this power did not need to be fully charged.
  • Fixed an issue where this power was using an incorrect damage formula. Max damage potential has gone down.
  • Updated tooltip to display values on the mod.

Therakiel's Temple
  • Valerian Scarlet: Fixed an issue where her Soul Beam was not breaking block if you blocked the beam for too long.
  • Baron Cimetiere: Added a persisting fx after a curse ends to indicate the amount of time you are safe from Baron's area damage from his block attacks.

Cosmics: Qwyjibo
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes the Hearts would not use their healing ability while active.

Misc
  • Increased the health of the Gang War devices.
  • Backup! devices will now be quicker to attack a target when summoned.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I have unlocked Valiant on many characters last year, around twenty or so. Will it now unlock globally on my account like prior event-specific emote/title combos?

EDIT: Had to log onto various characters with valiant already unlocked, which I suspected. It did work, though! Thanks a bunch.
    Post edited by speanoz on
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Yes, just log into them (stay logged in for a bit, sometimes it takes it's time crediting).​​
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    "For the next week..."

"Complete the daily mission 10 times..."

Hmm... :confused:
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    "For the next week..."

She mistyped. The Patriot event is running for two weeks.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    So not impressed with this lockbox, it’s the same stuff over and over again. Gag me with a chainsaw. :s
    I had a feeling. Somehow the math didn't add up there...

I like the new lockbox stuff. Happy to see the railgun exploit fixed too. :)

Bit of a quiet update but patriot event usually is. Would be nice to see a power rework sometime this year, though... :tongue:
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    It's 2 weeks, my bad. Fixed.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    "For the next week..."

Yeah, I noticed that too. you beat me to it.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Is anything new going to be added for the second week? Store is pretty sparse on new stuff.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    So, the Baron's tells are backwards in the alert. In the lair, you do the opposite of what he says. In the alert, you follow his instructions.

This seems like an odd choice considering the alerts were supposed to get people used to the mechanics of the lairs. Or is this a bug?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    The dev said in chat that the alert Baron is working as intended.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    Goth shirt tooltip says locations are "Hairstyle A, Hairstyle B"
    Interesting place to wear a shirt.
    Please proof read when you are copy/pasting.
    Noticed there weren't any retroactively done account-wide unlocks for past lockbox emotes and transformations like the Brutal Lockbox got last time. Will older lockboxes eventually get that treatment, or will that no longer be the case? It would be nice to see at least some of the more generic emotes get account-wide options, like sleep or kneel recover, etc.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    The Fireworks daily mission(s) is not available for me. I did "O'er the Ramparts" yesterday morning, and now I have no fireworks missions available, over 24 hours later.

Also:

Save The Earth has vanished off the queue and mission list.

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    There was no queue for the last day of yesterday's Red Winter, and although I queued for it earlier there's now no queue for Save the Earth. Mind you if removing Save the Earth is by design I wouldn't mind, it's hot garbage, but I suspect that the On Alert system can't handle 7 queues
  • jaknivejaknive Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    figured it out :)
    Post edited by jaknive on
  • klepto#8734 klepto Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just realized you guys put The Tempest in the event store instead of The Squall, GOOD CALL!
    one the strongest lightning storms i'm ever experienced was on the 4th of july
  • jeeb51jeeb51 Posts: 78 Arc User
    There is a "glitch" with the VICTORY BRACERS from the event store, if any material skin other than VICTORY is used, the right one morphs into a different design... i'm trying to post some screenshots i took of the issue but cant figure out how to put them in the forums.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    jeeb51 wrote: »
    There is a "glitch" with the VICTORY BRACERS from the event store, if any material skin other than VICTORY is used, the right one morphs into a different design... i'm trying to post some screenshots i took of the issue but cant figure out how to put them in the forums.

You need to link them thru image hosting services like imagebb.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jenniferloganjenniferlogan Posts: 44 Arc User
    Was it intended that Save the Earth was to go away from the alert rotation during the event? It was up briefly, then it went away again.

In Therakiel's Temple, it appears the Congo adds in phase 3 can harm cursed targets, unlike the other adds. Not sure whether this is intentional?

The visible dome bubble during the Baron's block (in the Temple) is not the same size as the volume that is safe/lethal. Seen MANY times.

Regarding the Baron in particular, but also the other Temple bosses: can you please add spoken lines (that get precedence over the other sounds of possible) for the tells? There is a lot going on, and in particular in a support role it is easy to miss the text bubble or NPC chat. Too much else on the screen to pay attention to.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Congos deal extra magic dmg against cursed targets. It's intended to kill the cursed people.

The bubble isn't a border indicator, just a shield sort of FX for him to look flashy. When you get close, hug him as tightly as possible, when you get away, get as far away from it as you safely can.

Last bit, you really need a discord with voice to listen for call outs.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • daderganonumbersdaderganonumbers Posts: 64 Arc User
    Hey, I don't know when you did it, but I just yesterday noticed the Indy Kid is standing and walking rather than hovering and flying when near the ground. Maybe now he can make it through doorways.

Thanks, Devs!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 800 Arc User

They also clip through your forearms just below the elbow. Pretty good looking piece in theory, but they're more or less worthless right now.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    jonesing4 wrote: »

They also clip through your forearms just below the elbow. Pretty good looking piece in theory, but they're more or less worthless right now.

Yup, that clipping kinda ruins them. Real shame :(

You would think that would be noticed before release

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jenniferloganjenniferlogan Posts: 44 Arc User
    Regarding the Baron in particular, but also the other Temple bosses: can you please add spoken lines (that get precedence over the other sounds of possible) for the tells? There is a lot going on, and in particular in a support role it is easy to miss the text bubble or NPC chat. Too much else on the screen to pay attention to.

I've noticed how I almost never miss a tell as the main tank, while I do regularly while playing a healer.