test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Edit to a MA build.

egamer1egamer1 Posts: 20 Arc User
This is an edit to Kimanoa's MA Build. Wanted to give credit. I like this build but im wondering how it could do with strength instead of Int. I feel like im not benefiting from it very much. Changed out the stat. Not sure to make STR or Dex my primary stat. I changed talents. Wondering what other changes i could make. The original build performs quite well in most situations.

Kimanoa's MA Build - Freeform (Melee Damage)
v3.43:35

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: One of Mind and Body (Str: 12, Dex: 12)
Level 6: Agile (Dex: 8)
Level 9: Mighty (Str: 8)
Level 12: Tireless (Rec: 8)
Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Righteous Fists
Level 1: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Intensity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 11: Vorpal Blade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Blinding Light
Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 20: Burning Chi Fist (Rank 2, Shattering Strike, Ghostly Strikes)
Level 23: Toxic Nanites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Backhand Chop (Brutal Strike)
Level 29: Form of the Tiger
Level 32: Thundering Kicks (Demolishing Strikes)
Level 35: Eviscerate (Messy)
Level 38: Deflect (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Aggression (2/2)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Overpower (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
Brawler: Finishing Blow (3/3)
Brawler: Offensive Expertise (2/2)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 10,804 Arc User
    edited June 30
    Assuming you can keep Expose Weakness stacked and refreshed, Dex PSS will prob still edge out Str PSS in terms dps, but Str PSS can be a bit more well-rounded for melee in terms of potentially boosting other things, and isn't dependent on keeping a debuff stacked. They can both be good picks for a PSS here, regardless.

I'm not familiar w/ the original build, but it prob took Int due to MSA (and DVuln + Expertise, if it used the PSS tree), so the only thing I'd make sure is that your energy situation is still good (it prob is, but that's somewhat gear- and buff-dependent). I'd prob also get Flanking in Brawler spec, assuming you're in situations w/ someone else tanking things and you can reliably get behind the mobs. I'm also unsure what your source of Shredded is here for Evis' Messy adv, but perhaps it's from a device that you're using.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Assuming you can keep Expose Weakness stacked and refreshed, Dex PSS will prob still edge out Str PSS in terms dps, but Str PSS can be a bit more well-rounded for melee in terms of potentially boosting other things, and isn't dependent on keeping a debuff stacked. They can both be good picks for a PSS here, regardless.

I'm not familiar w/ the original build, but it prob took Int due to MSA (and DVuln + Expertise, if it used the PSS tree), so the only thing I'd make sure is that your energy situation is still good (it prob is, but that's somewhat gear- and buff-dependent). I'd prob also get Flanking in Brawler spec, assuming you're in situations w/ someone else tanking things and you can reliably get behind the mobs. I'm also unsure what your source of Shredded is here for Evis' Messy adv, but perhaps it's from a device that you're using.

would it be beneficial to have both str and dex or just take dex PSS and Int SSS? Im having a little bit of energy issues only because i dont have the cost reduction now. should i just slot most of my gear with int?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 10,804 Arc User
    edited July 1
    Well, Str PSS has Physical Peak to help reduce costs (for melee) that way, and I generally wouldn't gear for Int if it's not SS'd here (instead, your main stat should always be Dex, if using FotTiger). Either DEX/Int/Rec, STR/Dex/Int could allow you to both have Dex and Int SS'd, if you want, and you could get some extra cost discount on utility gear. The other general option is to add a Dragon move (like DU) for the 3-pt Rush adv, but you'd have to make room for it in the build and rotation.