test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Themed Hero Games activities for more major events

doggepopedoggepope Posts: 32 Arc User
Bloodmoon offers some versus-player alternatives to the standard versus-CPU token farm in the form of BITE and that daily for Zombie Apocalypse, but it is the only event to do this by adding its own competitive activities or even repurposing existing ones.

I understand that making unique modes, or small self-contained things like the Bloodmoon wolf game, would take time and effort to develop and test, but Stronghold Prison, King of the Hill, and Team Deathmatch are extant and distinct yet under-engaged parts of the Champions Online world.

Considering the amount of people I see coming and going in BITE and ZA, I think with bonus incentives and some appropriate window dressing during the other events that content would be engaged a lot more, even if most users only hop in for their daily rewards. As with the recent Therakiel's Temple, the engagement and feedback of these new players could pave the way for developments to make Hero Games more fun for everybody, create new members of the endgame PvP community, and increase CO's YouTube presence past one BASH video every two months.

Comments

• doggepopedoggepope Posts: 32 Arc User
    reserved
  • rothilionrothilion Posts: 9 Arc User
    Impossible, the current 3 toxic PvPers will scare away the possible 200 nice PvPers, because the 3 to 200 ratio just makes sense
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I would like to see a 'boss fight' PvP mode, possibly as a replacement for Onslaught (not that people wouldn't farm and exploit that as well, but it's easier to balance if you don't have to work for any number of players and don't have to worry about people accidentally joining in).