test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Engame Content Questions and Builds for Endgame Content.

egamer1egamer1 Posts: 20 Arc User
I havent ever really gotten to any end game content but i now plan too. What should i look for and to be doing with my hero as i come to the lvl 40 mark and how can i achieve the highest dps possible for a build? Currently im running my Munitions DPS build at lvl 38. I am trying to optimize him as much as possible to deal as much damage as possible and get him ready for endgame content, whatever that may be.

Comments

• Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    You want to start gathering gold and silver champion recognition. You mostly need silver, which you can get by running the alert dailies from Lt Patil.

Get some decent gear. Purple or blue in your secondary slots. And 3 slot gear in your primary slots, with level 5 mods in those slots. When gearing up as a dps, Focus on stacking up the stat that your form/toggle scales its damage on. For munitions this is ego (for concentration) or dexterity for chilled form or (the one I'm blanking on the name of). Get enough Rec in there to make everything run smoothly without having to use you energy builder.

At this point you should start running cosmics. Talk to Lt Irwin, he can even teleport you to those locations. Cosmics are a great source of GCR and SCR. Eventually you want to get some primary gear from the GCR vendor in the recognition building.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    You can also start doing QWZ dailies. That's the fastest way to acquire scr. It's possible to solo these missions with the right build/gear, or with a good vehicle. Otherwise 2 people can generally handle the 5 dailies.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    In addition to what was said, you can also scope out the End-game DPS sticky on this forum (if you haven't already) for more good details to help you along:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1208228/endgame-dps-build-guide/p1
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    egamer1egamer1 Posts: 20 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    You can also start doing QWZ dailies. That's the fastest way to acquire scr. It's possible to solo these missions with the right build/gear, or with a good vehicle. Otherwise 2 people can generally handle the 5 dailies.

What are QWZ Dailes?
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    egamer1 wrote: »
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

What are QWZ Dailes?
    The daily quests in the Qliphothic Warzone. You can find more info on it and much other lvl 40 content here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/1213597/endgame-so-youre-level-40
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    I wouldn't recommend running QWZ dailies alone as a new player with a squishy DPS character. It's true that they are a good source of SCR, but they can really be quite difficult for some builds to manage.

If you do want to go that route, I suggest taking SMG or Bullet hail w Rank2 and the "wall of bullets" advantages. The shield this provides really boosts a ranged munition toon's survivability by alot.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Depending how flexible you are on your build, you could make a dual passive munitions build (Targeting Computer and Invulnerability) that will, at some point, allow you to solo the QWZ. If that is of interest.

Some people take a bunch of attack powers, thinking they will get great use out of all of them. However, in the end, all you really need (and may end up using consistently) are one single target attack, one AoE and one power that buffs whatever damage the other two do (in the case of munitions that would be Burst Shot or Frag Grenade). You will, of course, have an energy builder, energy unlock, block, toggle form and passive that are relevant. You will want, probably 2-3 survival powers (e.g. a heal or two and a suitable active defense). Everything after those 10-11 powers are for flavor or to handle certain situations (like having a 2nd passive, for example). E.g. maybe an Ultimate, Active Offense, a crowd control power (e.g. a stun or knock) on-next-hit power, etc.

Here's an example of a dual passive muni build just to show what I mean:
    Bullet Hail is there for its defensive adv. Imbue is an Active Offense, but it could be anything (on-next-hit, CC, lunge) that you find useful.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.43:35

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Gunslinger (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Ego: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Bullet Hail (Rank 2, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Killer Instinct
    Level 11: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Burst Shot
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Lead Tempest (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Antagonize (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Imbue
    Level 38: Concussion Grenade (Stun Grenade)
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    holloweaverholloweaver Posts: 582 Arc User
    +1 with @jaazaniah1, you don't need 15 attack powers to have a high dps.
    Actually most dps builds are about 2-4 attack powers max and everything build on buffing the damage output of these powers. Buffs such as resistance debuff (named Armor Piercing in Munitions powerset), active offense, energy cost reduction, or even crowd controls (for safer grind).

As mentioned by other posters, it's not recommended to start with a high dps/low def character for your 1st endgame experience so you might consider @jaazaniah1 suggestion and try to build a dual passive (1 offensive and 1 defensive). But at least you should have a block R3 and an active defense.

On a personal feedback, I would say that endgame content is also about to loose some solo habits (do not engage before the tank like a Leeroy fanboy) and to know some ingame mechanics (don't shoot on Qwyjibo's hearts).
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Normal endgame build has a core along the lines of:
    • Energy Builder
    • Passive
    • Form
    • Primary ST DPS.
    • Primary Area DPS.
    • Energy Unlock.
    • Powers to proc and/or refresh relevant debuffs and your energy unlock (could be one of the above, could be more than one power).
    • An active defense is highly recommended. In current meta, this is resurgence.
    • Anyone who's actually good at dps should have a threat wipe.
    • Most builds have an ultimate.
    That's 10+ of your 14 powers. The details of the remainder rarely matters a lot.