test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Subscriptions?

I checked back with this game about a year ago to find that the only way to be able to build free-form characters was to buy the lifetime sub. Is that still true? Thanks.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Nope. You can buy individual free form slots, also bundles of 3 at a discount. Now, if you had a monthly sub before and some huge number of characters, the cheapest way you can play all of them again is with the LTS. You just missed a FF slot give away that ended on April 17.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • cheapshot#4734 cheapshot Posts: 5 Arc User
    How much does it cost for the single FF and the 3-FF bundle?
    Ok, I installed the game and went to the zen store to answer my own question.
    wow....3000 zen ($30) to buy one FF slot? $60 to buy three??? That seems a little on the high side for a dead game, don't you think? I'd be MUCH more willing to pay a $15 a month subscription and have them all unlocked than do that!
    I can't figure out that business model. Welp, guess I'll wait around longer for that to change.
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    It used to be $50 for just ONE freeform slot, so the prices have gone down. You missed LTS for $200 by a week, too, sadly. At this late stage, I'd like to see Cryptic and PWI bring the LTS down to $200 all the time, and maybe a sale of $120 perhaps one week every six months. Would certainly bring in some new LTS blood.
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
    Well, you realize you are NOT saying anything new that hasn't been said dozens of times since they even started talking about getting rid of subs, right? Apparently they think the cost of maintaining the sub system across all their games so that casuals can drop in for a month and then not play again for years is not worth it. Of course, they don't share financials with players so we have no idea if the move actually saved them money. However, you will likely be waiting a very long time if you hope that the old sub system comes back in any way, shape, or form.

Note that they do have sales. They just had one for LTS and they also have them for the single slots and the bundles. The catch is that you have to check now and then to see when they are happening. For me, getting LTS was the best entertainment pay out I ever made.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Maybe they could set up a discount LTS that provides everything but the monthly Zen stipend?
    sapphiechu wrote: »
    down to $200 all the time, and maybe a sale of $120 perhaps one week every six months. Would certainly bring in some new LTS blood.

JwLmWoa.png
    I still want to play the game so I logged in and started using one of the few provided archetypes. They're not bad actually. They still let you play the game at least. But other than the freedom of free-form, how else am I limited? Do they give me a level cap, reduced inventory, limited content
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Probably just like the gold only costume or resource cap, all things you can change in the zstore
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I still want to play the game so I logged in and started using one of the few provided archetypes. They're not bad actually. They still let you play the game at least. But other than the freedom of free-form, how else am I limited? Do they give me a level cap, reduced inventory, limited content

Resource cap, daily refining limit, no power coloring. You can get that via the Premium Pack in the Z-store.
  • iamruneiamrune Posts: 965 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »

Resource cap, daily refining limit, no power coloring. You can get that via the Premium Pack in the Z-store.

And if you ever subbed at all, you can get the Premium Pack in the Bonus tab of the C-store ( I refuse to use it's new name) for no cost at all.
  • jakeesanjakeesan Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    It's literally the dumbest and most ridiculous thing I have ever seen done in an MMO by a dev.
    I've been subbed since they announced they were getting rid of the sub model. Disgusting company. You got grandfathered in if you had a currently running sub until you unsub or your card expires. Mine expires next year. I've been paying to play this game for however long since they got rid of subs. just to login every few months. Yet they're screwing me when my card expires. Asking me to pay literally 100s of dollars for a dead game that receives no real content updates.

And while LTS is cheaper in the long run, most people don't have 200 dollars or more to drop at once on something like a video game. Especially not a dead one that could be gone at any moment when PWI decides they're done with it.

I've voiced my complaints in the past over this issue. It is what it is. But they wont get a single penny from me ever again once my card expires. And frankly, this issue is so disgusting and despicable, im thinking i might just unsub now and call it a career. They dont deserve any one's money and you're a chump if you're helping this despicable company (yes that makes me a chump for giving them my money all this time)
    Post edited by jakeesan on
  • keysman88keysman88 Posts: 4 Arc User
    OOO Well I would have come back but cant spend all that money at one time had to stop when I lost job and now ill never play again because of there greed !
    > @keysman88 said:
    > OOO Well I would have come back but cant spend all that money at one time had to stop when I lost job and now ill never play again because of there greed !
    ———————————————————

But in grand scheme of it all, you are a maybe one month in like 2 or so years.

That type of customer isn’t one they are worried about.
  • keysman88keysman88 Posts: 4 Arc User
    I just looked it up it was more then 2 years I spent on game and I bought a hard copy of the game soo don't give me about not being some one they want I had hard time and still would be here now the make it impossible for me with creed
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    That's harsh for you ego, but yeah, they don't care about people who ended up subscribing for a month and two every year :)

It's not because people want to spend money that it's worth it. They are back office to deal with, and maybe a different business model is better on the long run. There are people whose job is to think how to make money and keep it flowing, and I wouldn't be surprised they are behind the change of the business model of CO (and whole lot other PWE games btw). I kinda trust them they did it to keep it running, as in still making enough money to be worth keeping it alive, even if it involved some worthy sacrifices.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    keysman88 wrote: »
    OOO Well I would have come back but cant spend all that money at one time had to stop when I lost job and now ill never play again because of there greed !

You can play the game for free.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The thing to remember about a subscription system is that it's a billing system that needs to handle credit cards, and that means it needs fairly continuous maintenance, which is an ongoing cost. They probably killed it because it wasn't giving them enough money to cover the cost of keeping it running. They could have introduced a way of buying month at a time in the z store (which would avoid having a separate billing system), but there'd be development costs to actually make it work, and likely it didn't seem worth the trouble for the small number of people likely to use it.
  • tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    keysman88 wrote: »

You can play the game for free.

Spinny, don't confuse the issue with facts.
    here’s a fact then:

You can buy anything in the zstore without spending a single dollar.
    Assuming that their are people who will buy your Q. Otherwise you are stuck.
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Assuming that their are people who will buy your Q. Otherwise you are stuck.

Are we turning into Neverwinter Online now?
    ^cant think of a reason why not.

Up vote